#31 skybaba

skybaba

Best Poster June 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:42 PM

Hey Zalas,

I've read it in a few places online where people have implemented the design on that website. I guess it works and you'll be able to get hands-on on the CORE stuff.
However, as the guy put on the site, you'll need an EXTREMELY powerful computer with loads of RAM, probably multi-CPU (duo, quad) and you'll need to have LOTS of PATIENCE ;) ;)

I'm slowly trying to build a lab with the same model, however, I'm trying to implement it with multiple PCs, and also with some real routers.
Each time I sit-down to think about it, my mind just BLOWS :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

I'll definitely share the layout/design with everyone on Sadikhov once I'm able to achieve this........hopefully sooner rather than later!!!

Cheers,

Skybaba

Hi BB

i went to that website, looked at the whole thing, for a beginner like me, that thing is complicated, Have you worked on it???

#32 Zalas

Zalas

V.I.P. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:07 PM

thanks for the info, i'l try and slowly get my head around that thing. its hard though

#33 hemant.kmr22

hemant.kmr22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

Hi Noodles,

YES!!!! You can use Softphone, but NOT just any Softphone.
I've been able to successfully connect IP Blue SoftPhone to my CME running on a Cisco 3725 Router.
I've also been able to connect the IP Blue phone to my CallManager 4.x, so I guess it will work with your 3800 as long as your router can run Telephony Services or Call Manager Express.
The IP Blue VTGO emulates a Cisco 79xx phone.

You can get it from this link: hxxp://www.ipblue.com/download.asp?software=vtgo_adv

The only downside it that it's requires a license to run FULLY.
Without the License, you can only have a 2 minute conversation with it and it will only run for about 20 minutes; after which it shuts down.....so I guess you'll have to restart it quite often :D :)
Since I'm only using it in a Lab environment, that's not a problem for me.

Below are the features supported by the IP Blue VTGO copied from their website.
I've highlighted the key features I think you'll need for your home-lab while preparing for CCVP.

* Emulates Cisco 79xx line of IP phones with dual 14 button expansion modules
* Tested and certified with CallManagers 3.2-4.1, CallManager Express
* Supports Cisco Survival Remote Site Telephony, redundant CallManagers, DHCP option 150
* High quality-low latency using multiple codecs (G.711, GSM 6.10, G.729), QoS support
* Accessibility features for visually impaired users include text to speech and keyboard shortcuts
* Supports Extension Mobility
* XML telephony services
* Configuration Wizard with user-definable profiles
* Supports a wide range of external USB audio devices
* STUN/UPnP NAT traversal, SKINNY fix-up protocol friendly
* Call log with Callback
* Call recording, storage and playback with email attachment
* Integration with LDAP directories, MS Outlook, Windows Address Book, Instant Messengers (Microsoft, Yahoo, AOL)
* Language Localization (English, Dutch, Danish)
* Dialing from MS Outlook, Web pages and much more

Hope that helps.

Rgrds,

Skybaba

hello people!
here is question: can i use softphone instead of real ip phones or analog phones to prepare for exam? i mean, can i connect computer running softphone to the 3800 series router and get some effect?

Hi Friend

I m Looking for Bcmsn and i m practising on GNS3 ,but for L3 switching i need cisco 3725 IOS (this is the only L3 switch GNS3 support )
i tried for every where but all waste could u provide me any link or somthing else for this IOS

Thanks in advance

Hemant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users