61 replies to this topic

#31 anil111

anil111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

Dear All,

I am in UK. Just started to read the CCENT/CCNA ICND 1. Can anybody recomend me a CCNA simulation software which can be prepaired and answered for the CCENT/CCNA ICND 1.

Regards

#32 jtouch

jtouch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

thanks.

#33 sam-red

sam-red

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

it's useful.thanks for share.

#34 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

TOO many people have it, so the value is going down.

#35 Tepe2005

Tepe2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

wow... just could point to a Cisco link :rolleyes:
good initiative though

Edited by Tepe2005, 05 November 2010 - 12:28 AM.

#36 chitramudgal88

chitramudgal88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

CCNA is a popular certification in computer networking developed by Cisco Systems. Cisco created the CCNA to recognize basic competency in installation and support of medium-sized networks.

The core CCNA certification can be obtained by passing a single 90-minute written exam. The exam has no prerequisites, although Cisco and other companies offer various formal training courses to help students prepare. Topics covered on the CCNA exam include

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ccna training in chennai
php training in chennai

#37 ITRealExams

ITRealExams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

Thanks you man...

#38 Andy123

Andy123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

So what is CCNA R&S?

Well the official definition is:

Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size route and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN.

Whats in it?

CCNA curriculum includes basic mitigation of security threats, introduction to wireless networking concepts and terminology and performance-based skills. This new curriculum also includes (but is not limited to) the use of these protocols: IP, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Serial Line Interface Protocol Frame Relay, Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2),VLANs, Ethernet, access control lists (ACLs).

When i read this i was like wow things have changed a lot. I gave my CCNA about three years ago, and it was nothing like this. Don't get me wrong it was hard as hell, but was more routing & switching. Now in the new CCNA R&S, you have wireless and a hint of security.

CCNA Exam info:

You can get your CCNA by either:

1) Passing one exam 640-802. Its close to 90 minutes long and have about 55-60 questions.

or

2) You can divide the course work into two parts.

i. 640-822 ICND1 : 90 minutes with 40-50 questions.
ii. 640-816 ICND2 : 90 minutes with 40-50 questions.

Whichever style of studying you decide to do the course work is the same.

Speaking of course work lets see whats in it:

a) Describe how a network works:

It always comes down to basics. The OSI model, the Hex, Asci, Dec conversions. The components of a network. The cables the devices and the types of networks. This is your foundation. Give as much time as you can to this.

b.) Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications

The magic word is VLANs. Give as much time as you possibly can to understand how they work, and how to configure them. You will also want to learn how to configure a switch and how to do basic port security.

c) Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network

Its all about how to effectively deploy a network. Read about different IP classes. The most important thing is to know how to use subnetting to achieve a design goal. Practice, practice and practice. That the only way to learn it, learn it until its second nature to you.

You also want to learn about DNS and DHCP. In the new course work you are required to learn about IPV6 also. So give special attention to this. They will test you on this.

d) Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operation and routing on Cisco devices

Here is where all the dirty work is done. You are required to learn about different routing protocols including RIP, EIGRP, IGRP and OSPF. You would want to learn about how to configure these routing protocols. Also pay special attention to the different Show and Debug commands.

You will also learn about the IOS, how it works, how to upgrade, copy and erase the configurations.

e) Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN

This is a new edition to the CCNA curriculum. It is very basic but still requires understanding of WLAN technologies, components and security options. Read and understand key terms like SSID, BSS, ESS, WEP and WPA.

f) Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network

You are required to have a deep understanding of how to configure and troubleshoot NAT.

Also securing your network with access lists is a major part of the CCNA curriculum. You will be asked to describe how the ACLs work. You may also be required to configure ACLs. Its very important that you understand different types of access-lists and how to apply them to the correct interfaces to achieve the design goals.

g) Implement and verify WAN links

For your CCNA, frame-relay is the next very important technology for you to understand. Give extra time to understanding how different WAN technologies work and how to configure them to achieve connectivity between remote devices, these will include PPP, Frame Relay and VPNs.

How to Study for it?

Its all upto to you. You don't have to start with a Cisco Official book if you don't want too. If you are new to networking, i would recommend you get some basic networking knowledge first. Use google if you have to, pickup a good networking book and read it.

Once you have a good understanding proceed to the official guides. If you can't afford one, use google, you will be amazed of how much information is out there.

Next you will need hands on experience with different cisco devices. The ideal solution would be to get some routers and switches, but if you can't afford to buy them then use simulation softwares.

I would recommend to either go with Cisco Packet Tracer or use GNS3. The difference is that you would be using real IOSs to emulate devices in GNS3.

I hope this little introduction to CCNA was helpful. Best of luck to all who are preparing for their CCNA. And remember if you have a problem, feel free to post it here.

Don't worry if you think the problem is simple. Remember we were noobs too. :D

That is a nice piece of information. Am new to the cisco world and i have Nuggets that i learn all the time. Am on this site to find out more about the ccna. Thanks once again.

#39 linda86

linda86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Reading books, listening to music, making friends, and travel and all the interesting things...

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate

Routing & Switching

#40 Abdul Wajid Kalwar

Abdul Wajid Kalwar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

Sir I want to give the exam of CCNA i have done CCNA course but I m not prepared for the paper .. sir I need help.thankx sir

#41 eng_aah

eng_aah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

You can download tests from examcollection site to prepare your self for the test.

#42 rod25

rod25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

this is a nice info like me to begin my self study thank you so much.

#43 dawid2011ed

dawid2011ed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

CCNA upgrades your prior knowledge and skills. It gives you the license and verifies you that you are capable of doing it. We made CCNA Bundles easier for you and we provided you a full control of CISCO equipment at an affordable price.

#44 jack calara

jack calara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

HI

This is an nice post. and i got many useful information from the post.

JACK...........

Edited by jack calara, 31 August 2011 - 08:20 PM.

#45 Balachander24

Balachander24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:My Interests are Blogging, I'm a chief evangelist and co-founder of of Tech-bit-N-Byte,

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:10 AM

Hey One thing i gotta tell, Cisco Keeps on Changing topics, previously the topics were different , Now the current code is 640-802, A year ago when i was about to take the CCNA, cisco had deleted some topics and added new topics my suggestion for all of you is visit the Latest CCNA topics in Cisco Website, its one of the best thing to know, and if you want any more information you can visit my site which is tailored towards cisco CCNA and CCNP

Edited by Lethe, 26 June 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#46 Balachander24

Balachander24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:My Interests are Blogging, I'm a chief evangelist and co-founder of of Tech-bit-N-Byte,

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

yeah for more information on CISCO ccna you can visit my website also

Edited by Lethe, 26 June 2012 - 11:17 PM.
No advertising.

#47 Nahdet

Nahdet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:58 AM

The details of Cisco certification paths exists here, www.AboutCCNA.com

Edited by Nahdet, 24 September 2011 - 05:00 AM.

#48 maii

maii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

its a course on networking....so if anyone wants a full detailed answer and how to get this education please follow the link.
http://www.maii.in/landing-nse/

#49 Reshil

Reshil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Who wants CCNA training videos ???

http://www.facebook.com/FutureNetworks

Posted Image

#50 Reshil

Reshil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

You can get latest CISCO news from here

http://www.facebook.com/FutureNetworks

#51 completeitpro

completeitpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hey One thing i gotta tell, Cisco Keeps on Changing topics, previously the topics were different , Now the current code is 640-802, A year ago when i was about to take the CCNA, cisco had deleted some topics and added new topics

Yeah, Cisco (as well as other providers) usually update their certifications every few years, to include new technologies and concepts. It's good to keep up to date with the latest information.

#52 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

Cisco tends to revise their exams and cert every 3 years; CCNA is overdue for such change; I think first thing next year;

#53 Keithmania487

Keithmania487

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

For all the right study material like
- videos
- ebooks
- labs
- ccna / ccnp latest practice questions and answers
please visit
no illegal stuff please; contact via PM system

Edited by martinlo, 16 April 2013 - 07:08 AM.

#54 Middleton

Middleton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hello

Tell me the education qualification needed to get over the exam

.CCNA Summer Training In Jaipur

CCNA Industrial Training In Jaipur

#55 sushant kapil

sushant kapil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

how will i be able to know where is the centre??

#56 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

you mean testing center? see http://www8.pearsonv...p&v=W2L&cid=139

#57 jony jon

jony jon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

ccna question and labs

question  dump IS avaiable hear

sorry no dumps or emails are allowed here any longer

Edited by martinlo, 16 April 2013 - 07:07 AM.

#58 jony jon

jony jon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

the ccna is study of cisco network

Edited by jony jon, 17 April 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#59 jony jon

jony jon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

any one can share me ccnp switching dump    {pass4sure} please

mzqp789@gmail.com

Edited by jony jon, 20 April 2013 - 02:18 AM.

#60 Darby Weaver

Darby Weaver

World's Largest Home Data Center

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8291 posts
  • Interests:Taking on new CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/CCDA/CCDP/CCDE study group members. Interested?

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

The CCNA is due for an update later this year. Sounds intimidating but is a actually well-deserved and due since IOS 15.x is now mainline. Good stuff! Darby Weaver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users