• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 machinegreeneus

machinegreeneus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

I have several database systems running on MS SQL Server 2000 and would want to find out how if there is any tool or software that l can use for SQL Replication to a remote server. There is one with SQL Server 2000 but its currently giving me problems. All l want is to have another server that will maintain an exact copy of the Production Server updated periodically so that i case of a disaster very little data will be lost.

#2 xpthinker

xpthinker

VB6/VBScripting/.NET/C#/ASP.NET/SQL Expert

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:07 AM

I have several database systems running on MS SQL Server 2000 and would want to find out how if there is any tool or software that l can use for SQL Replication to a remote server. There is one with SQL Server 2000 but its currently giving me problems. All l want is to have another server that will maintain an exact copy of the Production Server updated periodically so that i case of a disaster very little data will be lost.

Hi,

I'm am using Symantec NetBackup to perform these tasks, however you might be concern of the cost of client licenses as well.
Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Edited by xpthinker, 09 April 2009 - 06:07 AM.

#3 ODILI

ODILI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

Dear friend. You have soooo many option to do your replication.
you can use sql tool like Setting up Transactional log shipping , which will require a quite bandwith depending on your database size.
You can also use Double Take software (I will recommande you that, be cause it's include metadata while replicating).
i hope this will help.

#4 Tech Tiger1

Tech Tiger1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

If in case, you SQL database gets corrupted while replication, then first repair the database with some SQL recovery software like Kernel for SQL , then again go for replication carefully.

#5 sany_1974

sany_1974

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:05 AM

You can use "neverfail" for sql replication.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users