3 replies to this topic

#1 OLUWAGBEMISOKE1

OLUWAGBEMISOKE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:59 AM

Hallo Buddies ,

I work in a firm that uses both ms sql and oracle.The ms sql is most used than oracle .Oracle are mostly used for mission critical and important application.

Please which certification will be advisable.considering the fact that certification should be accepatble and be in demand across the globe.please advise with exams to start with and training materials.

I will be expecting your response.

#2 vuacorona

vuacorona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

Hallo Buddies ,

I work in a firm that uses both ms sql and oracle.The ms sql is most used than oracle .Oracle are mostly used for mission critical and important application.

Please which certification will be advisable.considering the fact that certification should be accepatble and be in demand across the globe.please advise with exams to start with and training materials.

If you can do both then it is best. Otherwise pick one that you like and focus on it.

#3 fosia

fosia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

Hallo Buddies ,

Both are worth it.

I think there are more companies using MS SQL than Oracle, meaning the possibility of finding an MS SQL DBA position is higher than of Oracle DBA position. However, there are more people who are MCSDBA than OCP, which means there are more competition in MS SQL arena than of Oracle, but again, there are more job opportunities for MSSQL.

#4 mip104

mip104

V.I.P. Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4046 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:29 AM

Being a DBA on Oracle is challenging and will be great to have experience on that , to my opinion it is much worthy than the DBA of SQL, but commonly it depends on your situation of working place that what is needed more. Some companies may not work on Oracle because of its difficulties

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users