34 replies to this topic

#31 13yearoldmcp

13yearoldmcp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

It all depends on where you want to go...

At least in larger enterprises servers and network infrastructure are dealt with by different teams of people - with only little to no overlap. In small to medium size companies the IT people have to deal with everything so that they need to know both worlds.

If you select the server side then the MCITP Enterprise Administrator is a good starting point. If you prefer the network infrastructure side then go straigt for the CCNA.

Regarding the CCNA I always strongly recommend to go for the 2 exam path, i.e. pass ICND1 first to get your CCENT and then take your time to tackle ICND2 to complete your CCNA. There is absolutely no advantage in taking the all-in-one CCNA exam but if you fail you simply burn more money. ;)

I have no interest in Microsoft Servers. Most of them seem like bullcrap to me. I want to go towards the infrastructure side. Thus, my aim for CCENT.

But before that i want to give this exam because some of the stuff would definitely be related to the CCNA. I'm just not sure whether this exam has much importance in the field.

#32 Sunfish

Sunfish

Ciscoholic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1841 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:20 AM

In that case all the M$ stuff is just a waste of time! No one cares about M$ exams unless you have several years of working experience to back them up.

CCNA is the perfect starting point into the world of networking and you should also take a look at things like data centers, virtualization, etc. depending on where you want to go...

#33 13yearoldmcp

13yearoldmcp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

In that case all the M$ stuff is just a waste of time! No one cares about M$ exams unless you have several years of working experience to back them up.

CCNA is the perfect starting point into the world of networking and you should also take a look at things like data centers, virtualization, etc. depending on where you want to go...

Yea i've been told that stuff like vmware is hot these days. I might get to that later. But for now i think i'll give this exam. And then move on to CCENT.

#34 drpix

drpix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

i done my first exam of MCITP 70-680
kindly i need ur advise what exam i have to select next to get my MCITP enterprise

#35 Chargerhawk

Chargerhawk

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Interests:American muscle cars 68-71, car collector

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

i done my first exam of MCITP 70-680
kindly i need ur advise what exam i have to select next to get my MCITP enterprise

Hi there & congrats for having passed this exam.

As for your question... Since you have already passed the necessary elective exam 70-680, you still need the following exams to reach the MCITP Enterprise Administrator credential: 70-640, 70-642, 70,643 and 70-647.

regards & good luck!

Charger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users