43 replies to this topic

#31 garamire

garamire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:05 AM

Quick Question

which is the difference between make this manual configuration and use the command router(config)#telephony-service setup

ps: this thread is excellent i`m learning a lot

#32 drpain2006

drpain2006

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

Quick Question

which is the difference between make this manual configuration and use the command router(config)#telephony-service setup

ps: this thread is excellent i`m learning a lot

This will provide you a wizard to configure your CME. Although I never used a wizard I assume that manual config will provide you more commands and you have the full control what will happen.

#33 drpain2006

drpain2006

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:02 AM

As we are able to make calls and having phones connected to our Voice router lets hop to the next on the list which is

3) Advance CME configuration, including forwarding, call on hold, transfer, conferencing etc etc.

Call Forwarding: Actually there are two ways for call forwarding. The first one is with the phone and gives the user the possibility using the phone buttons. I guess there is no need to cover this here.
Second way is configured on the Router and actually very easy. Lets use our previous examples of ephone-dn 1 &2

sh run | s ephone
ephone-dn 1 dual-line
number 1001
ephone-dn 2 dual-line
number 1002
Lets say we want to forward from 1001 to 1002

1760V(config)#ephone-dn 1
1760V(config-ephone-dn)#call-forward ?
all forward all calls
busy forward call on busy
max-length max number of digits allowed for CFwdAll from IP phone
noan forward call on no-answer

As you can see by just typing call-forward on the respective ephone-dn we have above options for forwarding. I guess its clesar what they are about, I choose noan here to give you an example. FOr option all and busy its clear when the call will be forwarded. For noan we have to do it by specifiying the time in second when the call is forwarded.

1760V(config-ephone-dn)#call-forward noan 1002 timeout 10

After 10 second of no answer the call will be forwarded to 1002, thats it.

One thing to mention is the max-length option above. Here you can restrict where a call might be forwarded. For example, if you dont want that people forwardigntheir phone to Cellphones you can restrict it by saying call-forward only on numbers with 4 digit or 5 digits etc. (Basicly internal numbers) If you do this with max-length it is done for the respective ephone-dn.
There is an option under telephony-service#call-forward pattern
This will restrict forwarding for all extensions.

That was an easy one I guess, next is Call On Hold

#34 drpain2006

drpain2006

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:27 AM

To Park or put a call on hold we need to create a place or slot where the call can be parked. Its nothing more than create an one ephone-dn for any parking slot.

1760V(config)#ephone-dn 6
1760V(config-ephone-dn)#number 2000
1760V(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot

By just adding the option park-slot to the dn we created the slot. And by hitting the park button on the phone the call be parked at 2000. Now any other phone by dialing 2000 can take the call. Thats it for basic configuration on call park. You can add a timeout after the park-slot command in order to specify when a parked call will be re-establish to the parker. This avoid that somebody is parked and forgotten at the parking slot. Lets give an example:

1760V(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout 60 limit 3

There will be timout of 60 seconds before the call is re-establish to the originater of the park, the limit option gives a cycle saying how many times the call will be timedout before it is disconnected. In our example there will be 3 timeout cycles of 60 seconds before disconnect.

I guess another easy one too, lets see call transfer

#35 JohnHenry

JohnHenry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

In order to assign an ephone-dn to a phone you need the MAC address of the phone. This is how its link to eachother. A show ephone will help us to find out the MAC

1760V#sh ephone

ephone-1 Mac:000A.3A88.FCC1 TCP socket:[3] activeLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 15 and Server in ver 5
mediaActive:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0
IP:192.168.1.124 51878 CIPC keepalive 7 max_line 8

The two important things from this output is the ephone number (ephone-1) and the MAC. Now we can assign a number to the phone from the global config:

1760V(config)#ephone 1
1760V(config-ephone)#mac-address 000A.3A88.FCC1

At this stage we havent yet allocated the number but giving the MAC address will "hardcode" ephone 1 to the running config. Let me explain. So far we had autoregistering on our CME. That also means when the router is rebooting all the registering information are gone and depending on how fast the devices will connect to rebooted router another phone will be ephone 1 because it was just the first to register. To avoid this the above steps are required.
One remark, when you have several phones autoregistered to the router you have to use the current ephone tag or a tag higher than the last ephone to hardcode it. For exapmle, in my previous posts I put the sh ephone with three phones. ephone 1 to 3. You can not hardcode the MAC address under ephone 1 to ephone 2 or three since its already used. I guess posting the config is better explaination:

ephone-1 Mac:000A.3A88.FCC1 TCP socket:[3] activeLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 15 and Server in ver 5
IP:192.168.1.124 51878 CIPC keepalive 31 max_line 8

ephone-2 Mac:0011.21CE.C80A TCP socket:[1] activeLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 3 and Server in ver 3
IP:192.168.1.121 1030 7920 keepalive 6333 max_line 6

ephone-3 Mac:0018.195A.A875 TCP socket:[4] activeLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 12 and Server in ver 5
IP:192.168.1.99 51057 7961 keepalive 14231 max_line 6

When I now try to allocate MAC of ehpone 1 to ephone 2 or 3 I get this:

1760V(config)#ephone 2
1760V(config-ephone)#mac 000A.3A88.FCC1
ePhone slot is already registered with 0011.21ce.c80a.
Can not change MAC address.

So you have to choose either the current one or a free one. I guess you got the point, at this time we now have the ephone in our running-config

sh run

ephone 1
mac-address 000A.3A88.FCC1
type CIPC
!
ephone 2
mac-address 0011.21CE.C80A
type 7920
!
ephone 3
mac-address 0018.195A.A875
type 7961

Now we can assing the numbers to the phone ....

Question:

Under each ephone, the type command is optional, right? The CME router will automatically detect the phone type. Correct?

John

#36 drpain2006

drpain2006

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:48 AM

Question:

Under each ephone, the type command is optional, right? The CME router will automatically detect the phone type. Correct?

John

Correct.

#37 drpain2006

drpain2006

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:56 AM

Again like call-forwarding, also call-transfer has an user part on how to transfer call that will not cover. From administration point of view there is not that much. We need to understand first of all bland-transfer and conultation-transfer. Blind is when you just transfer a call without talking to the new extension. For the called one it looks that the transeref subscriber it looks like it would be an regular incoming call. Consultation means that you acutally talk to the new ext. telling, Hey there ... on the phone I'm going to transfer him to you. By default CME uses full-consultant. To change this option go telephony service:

1760V(config)#telephony-service
1760V(config-telephony)#transfer-system ?
blind Perform blind call transfers (without consultation) with single phone line using Cisco proprietary method
full-blind Perform call transfers without consultation using H.450.2 or SIP REFER standard methods
full-consult Perform H.450.2/SIP call transfers with consultation using second phone line if available, fallback to full-blind if second line unavailable. This is
the recommended mode for most systems. See also 'supplementary-service' commands under 'voice service voip' and dial-peer.
local-consult Perform call transfers with local consultation using second phone line if available, fallback to blind for non-local consultation/transfer target.
Uses Cisco proprietary method.

The command transfer-system allows you to change the options. There 2 each blind/consultant and full-blind/full-consultant. The difference is that blind/consultant uses a CISCO proprietary method where full options are open standards.
Thsoe methods are used to find a better route of the call when transfered. Imagine I call here from Germany to the States and I'm going to be transfered from the States back to UK. The call between me and UK would always routed over the US. To avoid this mentioned methods are used to find a better way to connect me straight from Germany to the UK.

Talking transfers there is just a second option an Administrator can set. The transfer-pattern. Here I can limit /restrict the numbers I can transfer to. For example:

1760V(config-telephony)#transfer-pattern ....

The four dots acting like a wildcard saying I just can transfer to 4 digit numbers. This avoids for example people are transfered to long distance lines etc.

Thats all about transfers ....

#38 garamire

garamire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:17 PM

Other productivity features are:

Call pickup
Paging
Intercom
After hour call blocking
Music On Hold
GUI

Let's review this to

I can help with call pickup

Call PickUp is the ability of taking another ringing phone or income call in the network from our phone.
We assign a pickup group to our ephones dn

CME(config)#ephone-dn 1
CME(config-ephone-dn)#pickup-group Sales
CME(config)#ephone-dn 2
CME(config-ephone-dn)#pickup-group Sales
CME(config-ephone-dn)#exit

And now when a phone in our group sounds we can take the other call by pressing the PickUp Button and dial the extension, or pressing the GPickUp and taking directly the income call.

Excuse my english

#39 MySelfandMe

MySelfandMe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

Early troubleshooting challenge, can any one help please? lab pic is attached. GNS3 lab from CCNA Voice book by cisco press.

xp running on virtual machine was able to lease IP from the dhcp, with successful ping to DHCP and CME. But both the CIPC and IP Blue phones on xp where not able to see the tftp server, except when the tftp server is specified manually in the phone settings.

Routers are 3725
Switches 2691 with 16ESW : it support voice vlan.

hostname SwitchA 
!
interface FastEthernet1/0
 switchport access vlan 50
!
interface FastEthernet1/1
 description CONNECTION TO CME
 switchport mode trunk
 duplex half
 speed 10
!
interface FastEthernet1/15
 switchport mode trunk

hostname SwitchB
!
interface FastEthernet1/5
 switchport voice vlan 10
!
interface FastEthernet1/6
 switchport voice vlan 10
!
interface FastEthernet1/7
 switchport voice vlan 10
!
interface FastEthernet1/8
 switchport voice vlan 10
!
interface FastEthernet1/9
 switchport voice vlan 10
!
interface FastEthernet1/10
 switchport voice vlan 10
!
interface FastEthernet1/15
 switchport mode trunk

hostname DHCP_WAN
!
ip dhcp excluded-address 172.16.1.1 172.16.1.9
ip dhcp excluded-address 172.16.2.1 172.16.2.9
!
ip dhcp pool DATA_SCOPE
   network 172.16.2.0 255.255.255.0
   default-router 172.16.2.1 
   dns-server 4.2.2.2 
!
ip dhcp pool VOICE_SCOPE
   network 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0
   default-router 172.16.1.1 
   dns-server 4.2.2.2 
   option 150 ip 172.16.1.1 
!

interface FastEthernet1/0
 ip address 172.16.2.5 255.255.255.0

hostname CME
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address 192.168.100.25 255.255.255.0
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!         
interface FastEthernet2/0
 no ip address
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet2/0.10
 encapsulation dot1Q 10
 ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address 172.16.2.5
 no snmp trap link-status
!         
interface FastEthernet2/0.50
 encapsulation dot1Q 50
 ip address 172.16.2.1 255.255.255.0
 no snmp trap link-status
!
ip http server
!
tftp-server flash:/phone/7940-7960/P00308000500.bin alias P00308000500.bin
tftp-server flash:/phone/7940-7960/P00308000500.loads alias P00308000500.loads
tftp-server flash:/phone/7940-7960/P00308000500.sb2 alias P00308000500.sb2
tftp-server flash:/phone/7940-7960/P00308000500.sbn alias P00308000500.sbn

!
telephony-service
 load 7960-7940 P00308000500
 max-ephones 24
 max-dn 48
 ip source-address 172.16.1.1 port 2000
 create cnf-files version-stamp Jan 01 2002 00:00:00
 max-conferences 8 gain -6
!
ephone-dn  1
 number 1000
!
ephone-dn  2  dual-line
 number 1001
! 
ephone  1

Attached Files

#40 TheDarkLord

TheDarkLord

Cisco and Unix Expert

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:40 AM

Updates:

So so sorry guys, couldn't continue with the original plan. But hey its not the end of the world. So lets continue.

So lets revisit:

A quick glance will tell you that there are a lot of overlapping between these two exams. So I have decided to merge them and make my own list. This is how i am gonna do it:

1) Voice Technologies (here is where the theory part will be)
2) Configure a pure LOCAL voip network using a CME Router.
a) Configure DHCP
b.) Configure TFTP
c) Configure the phones
3) Advance CME configuration, including forwarding, call on hold, transfer, conferencing etc etc.
4) CME GUI.
5) Deploy voip across multiple networks.
6) Configuring Dial peers.
7) Configuring analog ports and analog dial peers.
8) Digit manipulation and other advance configuration.
9) Gatekeeper configuration (this is gonna be the most time consuming)
10) Cisco Unity Express
11) UC500

So we have basically covered the first 3 points. i have also demonstrated it using a GNS lab, here is the link, just in case: http://www.sadikhov....howtopic=174031

Next CME Gui. :)

#41 TheDarkLord

TheDarkLord

Cisco and Unix Expert

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:02 AM

CME GUI is accessed through a web like interface. Unlike the SDM or ASDM that particularly run a java application. And it is disabled by default.

So to enable it there are a couple of steps required:

config t
ip http server                                      <this enables the http server>
ip http path flash:</gui/cme.gui>                   <you have to specify the path for the gui files>
ip http authentication enable                       <to enable authentication, duh!>

Two things are important for this to happen. The router has to have the nessosory CME GUI files + the path needs to be correct.

Now to access the GUI, just go to your favorite browser and type : http://<router-ip>/cme.html

For a complete guide please visit this page: http://www.cisco.com...cmegui_user.pdf

#42 TheDarkLord

TheDarkLord

Cisco and Unix Expert

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

Here is a little bit more on the GUI.

This has been tested on the CME version 7.0.

Step-1:

Issue the command

ip http path flash:/gui

This will tell the router where to look for the gui files. In my case they were in the Flash in the directory named "gui".

Step-2:

From the above post, enable the http server.

ip http server

Step-3:

Issue the following commands to create a username and password and enable the access:

telephony-service
web admin system name admin password cisco
dn-webedit
time-webedit

In my case i choose "admin" and "cisco" for the access parameters.

Step-4:

Go to your browser and access the gui by typing:

http://<your-ip-address>/telephony-service.html

Here is a sample pic:

Posted Image

Although not as powerful as the cli, the gui still offers a lot. You can pretty much do everything that you would need to do make a basic voice lab work.

#43 spiderjericho

spiderjericho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

This is a great thread. I plan on taking the voice exam on Monday. Not sure if I'm ready. I watched the CBT Nuggets, read the book and practiced the CME commands.

Utilizing my laptop (my desktop just died and I've been traveling), I created a topology with three Routers and two XP VMs.

Router 1 = Chi
Router 2 = TSP
Router 3 = NYC

VM1 is connected directly to Chi
VM2 is connected directly to NYC (if I threw in two more routers for switches, I wouldn't have enough processing power since I'm running GNS3 in Win 7).

I configured:
static routes on TSP
default routes on the Branch offices
CME on the Branch offices
DHCP for 1 LAN
Call Park
Intercom
Paging
Overlay
Huntstop
After hours
Dial Peers

It all worked in GNS3. The only thing I didn't configure was the CME GUI, upgrading CME to the latest, setting tftp server and loads. Also, GNS3 obviously can't do CUE or UC500.

Also, the new version of packet tracer has basic support. I was able to setup a topology with Two LANs consisting of a router with three switches, three PCs, three IP phones divided by a TSP/ISP. CME can be setup to allow local and remote calls. But a lot of the commands like call park slot, different button commands, huntstop, intercom, paging, after hour blocking, GUI and other commands aren't supported. But if you want to setup a VOIP topology with QOS, Policy Map, Class Maps and not tax your system (depending on what you have), this is the way to go.

And I was so happy, I went to work and was able to utilize three 7960s, one PC, two 3750 switches and three 2800 routers to completely setup all of the CME commands. Unfortunately no VWIC or VIC cards, CUE, etc.

Wish me luck on my exam. Right now I'm in the 70 percentile on the retarded Boson exams.

#44 dawid2011ed

dawid2011ed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

That challenge was just a beginning. More to come for your configuration. CCNA bundles give you the priority to have a full control on the equipment at a very low price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users