#1 Real McCoy

Real McCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

Dear all

my ipod is newly bought and I dont know how to put pdf file on it and view.

Most on Internet said using iTunes, On summary tab, there is option where I can tick ENABLE DISK USAGE check box.
But when i checked with my iTunes, I couldn't find that option to use ipod touch as flash drive.

how can I do?

big thanks
Real

#2 whoiam55

whoiam55

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3422 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Gardening, delta9-THC and Computers of-course.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Guess what? this is not an iTunes help/support forum? just because the forum section say mobile technology doesn't mean we are going to spoon-fed you teaching how to operate iPod.

#3 Real McCoy

Real McCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

if you can't help, please dont bother. Forum administrator will warn me if I am doing bad or my post is not relavent.
So It is nothing to do with you if you can't help. ok?

#4 kamtec1

kamtec1

Microsoft Servers Expert

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:MCSE/MCSA/A+/MCTS
    Microsoft Servers
    Microsoft Products
    IPTell
    CEH
    CISCO
    Microsoft® Certified IT Professional ﴾MCITP﴿

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:15 AM

Hi .
The best "tool" is google )))
There's are planty of apps/soft that converts PDF files to iPod .
You can do all by iTunes but first you need to convert the file to the spacific format that this device can read it.
iTunes program is a very "disabled " one..... Many things they closed .. (((. And you can't do all the things by iTunes .
Whoiam55 , mobile technology is mobile .... And in this forum I think need to talk about all kind of stuff about mobile ... )))

Good luck

#5 Click SSL

Click SSL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Computer & Internet

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

To view pdf file read this :
iPod cannot directly display PDF files, you have to convert your PDF file or electronic book to *.txt format, and make sure the file size is smaller than 4KB, and then copy the *txt file to the "Note" folder ion your iPod. Here are the detailed steps:
1. Enable your iPod as a portable hard drive, plug in your iPod to computer and run iTunes, in the summary tab, check the option named "enable iPod disk mode"
2. Download and install iGadget, it can convert and cut your files to 4kb .txt files. Here is the download link: http://www.youtubeto...re/igadget.html
3. Connect your iPod to computer, open "My Computer", open the iPod drive (the new drive with your iPod name), and copy the txt file to the "Note" folder, done. Then you can read the text file on iPod note

#6 amazingone

amazingone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

u need to convert firs then copy to itune so simple

#7 Real McCoy

Real McCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

now it is solved. using pdfreader lite using free itunes account.

#8 mukeshkt00

mukeshkt00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Just follow these simple steps :-
1.First up – we’re going to make the assumption that you have iBooks installed on your iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone. If you don’t, click here to install it.
2.Now open up iTunes. Select File -> Add to Library….
3.Navigate to the PDF file(s) you want to add to iBooks. You can select more than one file, or select an entire folder. Once you’ve made your selection, click Choose.
4.Now select Books from your iTunes Library. You should see the PDF file(s) that you just added, now listed.
5.Right-click (ctrl+click for single-button Mac folks) on the newly added PDF and select Get Info.
6.First select the Options tab. Make sure that the Media Kind: is set to Book.
7.Now select the Info tab. From here you can add any missing info – the authors name, the published year etc. When you’re done, click OK.
8.Almost done. Now select your iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone from the Devices list in iTunes. Select the Books tab from the list at the top. Make sure that Sync Booksis checked. If you want to sync all of the books you’ve added to iTunes, select All Books and then click the Sync button. If you want to only sync specific books, choose Selected Books and then place a check next to each of the books you want to sync (and then click the Sync button).
11.Now open iBooks. You’ll see a PDFs button at the top. Tap it.
12.You’ll be presented with a list of all the PDFs you added via iTunes. Tap one of them.
13.and it will open in iBooks. At any point in time you can tap the screen and a menu will appear at the top. From here you can change the displays brightness, search the PDF, bookmark a page etc.
That’s it – you’re done!

#9 tofaeg

tofaeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Just follow these simple steps :-
1.First up – we’re going to make the assumption that you have iBooks installed on your iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone. If you don’t, click here to install it.
2.Now open up iTunes. Select File -> Add to Library….
3.Navigate to the PDF file(s) you want to add to iBooks. You can select more than one file, or select an entire folder. Once you’ve made your selection, click Choose.
4.Now select Books from your iTunes Library. You should see the PDF file(s) that you just added, now listed.
5.Right-click (ctrl+click for single-button Mac folks) on the newly added PDF and select Get Info.
6.First select the Options tab. Make sure that the Media Kind: is set to Book.
7.Now select the Info tab. From here you can add any missing info – the authors name, the published year etc. When you’re done, click OK.
8.Almost done. Now select your iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone from the Devices list in iTunes. Select the Books tab from the list at the top. Make sure that Sync Booksis checked. If you want to sync all of the books you’ve added to iTunes, select All Books and then click the Sync button. If you want to only sync specific books, choose Selected Books and then place a check next to each of the books you want to sync (and then click the Sync button).
11.Now open iBooks. You’ll see a PDFs button at the top. Tap it.
12.You’ll be presented with a list of all the PDFs you added via iTunes. Tap one of them.
13.and it will open in iBooks. At any point in time you can tap the screen and a menu will appear at the top. From here you can change the displays brightness, search the PDF, bookmark a page etc.
That’s it – you’re done!

good explanation :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users