36 replies to this topic

#31 Eng_sultan

Eng_sultan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

Hey Faisal,

I wish to help the people who are actually preparing for the CCIE and are having questions regarding INE vs Cisco 360, or anything technical about the exam.

Regards

hi kherona

is there any different between INE and cisco 360 from hardware point view ?

#32 kherona

kherona

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

hi kherona

is there any different between INE and cisco 360 from hardware point view ?

Hi Sultan,

I have used the Cisco 360 practice labs once before (in Cisco Networkers event), they are a virtual routers and switches (this is what Cisco says).
You can find overview of the 360 practice labs in this link "https://learningnetw...640x480-v2.htm"
you might be required to register to view this video.

The routers are 2811 and 3550s / 3560s if I remember correctly, but mainly you will find the same feature set in INE and Cisco 360 (although note that INE still use 2600 at some of their labs, which doesn't have some advanced services such as OER for example.

Also note that you might face a hidden command while you are doing the exam (for example the IPv6 access-list command is hidden in most of the IOSs I used).

Whats good about practicing the 360 labs before the exam, is that you get to know the testing software beforehand, which is vital, when I first started working on them in the Networkers event, I had many difficulties because I wasn't used to the software.

Regards

#33 kherona

kherona

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

I have a little question always in my mind that what is the new "Tech library" bundled with 360 program.
http://www.netmaster...m/Tech-Library/
See this is now the part of 360 program and thats why no longer for sale.
But i have the old one that is consist of 660 pages. The problem is that there are no damn index of this library. Can you confirm if the problem still exist in their latest 360 Tech library or not and what about the quality ?

Hi Faisal,

I don't have the Tech Library bundle, I requested specific items from them (I got them from Global Knowledge not NMC, which is a different material AFAIK ). I have requested my friend in Global Knowledge some material, and this was the list he provided at my current level of preparation:

Workbook (more than 25 exercise/lab) 540 USD
CCIE 360 R&S Practice/Rack (10 sessions of 5.5 hrs each) 425 USD
Graded Labs *price is per Lab 375 USD

Regards

#34 n00b13

n00b13

Cisco Routing expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

Dear Noob, my humble request is, please treat others with respect. This is a technical forum and we should keep it clean from abuses and harsh comments. This is no way of addressing others.

NO WAY. If you talk of respect, anyone who cheats by using dumps for their lab or for anything else disrespects me, the certification and every other CCIE who has worked their arse off to legitimately get their digits. This level of disrespect strikes directly through the heart of the technical and certification process and if FAR more disrespectful than any stupid four letter word than someone can call him.

#35 pappyaar

pappyaar

Cisco Routing/EEM/TCL

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

NO WAY. If you talk of respect, anyone who cheats by using dumps for their lab or for anything else disrespects me, the certification and every other CCIE who has worked their arse off to legitimately get their digits. This level of disrespect strikes directly through the heart of the technical and certification process and if FAR more disrespectful than any stupid four letter word than someone can call him.

Dear Noob, no matter how much you yell or scream, you can never prove you didnt use dumps. Remember that. I have seen dumpers to be very skilled engineers passing all the interviews and currently are abroad in gold partners and largest ISPs of middle-east. But they dumped the lab. You and many others attempted something that was already compromised, no matter how much we scream now, the integrity is already lost. You know in your heart how much you worked hard, but you can never prove it.

Cisco disrespected its certifications itself by allowing dumps in the market in first place. If Cisco cant put a ban on them, who else would do it ? Cisco itself let the integrity fall, not the dumpers. They just used what they got. I am not favouring them, but i am not abusing them too.

My dearest apologies but i count myself accused to above statements as well. All of my juniors and friends encouraged me to attempt the lab, but none of them would have ever vouched that i didnt use the dumps. This is fact and i live with it. You better accept the fact too :-)

I know my comments are offensive but just trying to explain the mess we are all in..

Edited by pappyaar, 11 July 2010 - 05:40 PM.

#36 pappyaar

pappyaar

Cisco Routing/EEM/TCL

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

My apologies for getting OT again, but try to understand my point. If someone used dump and attempted CCIE lab and passed it, why was he certified ? mainly for 2 reasons.

1) Cisco's let the dump exist in the market. They are open and everyone knows, i cant take it that Cisco is blind to these sites.
2) Cisco's exams should be some how pruned to dumps. Take example of CISSP, CISA. I have asked some ppl who are really into dumping almost everything, even they told me that if the dumps exist for these certs, atleast they dont know. Even now, you can see the passing rate of these certs. Its way too low. Cisco is the market leader of networking, and it cant maintain the integrity of its certs ? its a shame for CISCO.

I am out, sorry mods and kherona for getting OT.

Edited by pappyaar, 11 July 2010 - 05:50 PM.

#37 mateenamc

mateenamc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Cisco, Linux , MCSE

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Hey Guys,

I am on the last mile of the CCIE study, I have been studying for the last 8 months..

I will tell you based on my experience and what I would do if time goes back with me.

First of, never buy anything from INE!! they are just a marketing company and their material sucks for CCIE exam, although it's not bad to use INE Vol 1 to get to know the technologies that you might face in the exam... (anyway the explanations are too complicated and makes headaches (because the author is confused and rushing the material most of the time) )..

Oh btw if you go to INE you will find many people hailing them and their material, well let me tell you what, I've bought all their WB's as a bundle for 850$, and after completing INE Vol 1 two times and Vol 2 one time, I feel everything is the same, and their authors don't make things simpler....

Try Narbik WB 2.0 if you want simple explanation (yet his examples are almost the same as what in CCIE lab exam)...

After Narbik WB, check the Cisco 360 WB, 35 Labs (those are CCIE v3 labs and I wish I bought the V4 labs for 540$ before going to INE ) I just wish I started labing them, but unfortunately it's too late for me now, since I bought lab rentals from INE, and their Rack is not standard to any other vendor (while all other rack rental sites are giving the options to choose what material you want to lab).

Don't buy rack rentals from INE, because you will end up paying more money for less value!! try the CCONLINELABs.com (I didn't try it) but the price sounds reasonable, and the routers models aren't too old (you can practice all the features with 2811 ISR's)....

Some people might think that I am pissed of INE, for no valid reason or it's my character being too aggressive, but I will put 1 example here of why I hate INE sooooo much....

"I was having problems understanding multicast troubleshooting and configuration, and I went through all INE documents, forums, WBs explanations and couldn't grasp the idea behind multicast,, eventually I felt like shit honestly... after that I thought let me check the Cisco 360 WB's, I wasn't labing them, I was just skimming across the q&a of one of their labs, and all of a sudden, I found a diagram explaining the multicast topology of the senders (server), receivers (igmp joined interfaces), RPF interfaces (matched by routes to the loopback ip of the sender)... and all of a sudden within 5 minutes, I was able to troubleshoot the multicast topologies, because of the "Real instructors and experts make your life easier not more complicated!!".

I hope I didn't goo extremely dramatic about this, but this is my own experience you may have things differently... I am just saying if time goes back with me, that would be the path I choose to nail my CCIE!

Regards

Mohammed Khair

Mohamamd Khair thank you so much for such a cool advice .... bro can i take help from you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users