faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:IT/Telcom

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Hi,
I have just noticed that if i charge my cell via its original AC charger then charges go fast and also battery time increase. But when i charges through USB cable by connecting with laptop then it takes more time for charging and also battery time is short. Anybody knows why this happens?

My rough guess that USB ports have the same DC voltages ie 5 volts but may be not gives a proper Ampere...

#2 Sunfish

Sunfish

Ciscoholic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1841 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

This behaviour is by design. USB ports are limited to 500mA which is also the reason why many 3.5" external harddisks require the use of 2 USB ports and short cables. ;)

#3 mip104

mip104

V.I.P. Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4046 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:19 PM

There are even 2 AC charger models, in which one charges later but the battery life is longer and the other charges fast and the battery life is shorter. I don't know why in yours , it is on reverse manner !

It may be because of the USB !!!!

Edited by mip104, 15 September 2010 - 10:20 PM.

#4 mindybrooks

mindybrooks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

I would have to go with ac charger because of the 500mA limit of the USB. Seeing your problem makes me wonder about my USB lamp, will it fail one day due to insufficient intensity.

#5 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

This behaviour is by design. USB ports are limited to 500mA which is also the reason why many 3.5" external harddisks require the use of 2 USB ports and short cables. ;)

Thanks for clear my doubt :).

#6 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

There are even 2 AC charger models, in which one charges later but the battery life is longer and the other charges fast and the battery life is shorter. I don't know why in yours , it is on reverse manner !

It may be because of the USB !!!!

Hi mip,
Sorry i might be disagree with you :), well according to my experience i see here (in my area )2 types of AC chargers available for mobiles.

1. Cheaper and low quality chines chargers:-

These take more time to fully charge the mobile and also they decrease the mobile's battery performance and life.

2. Original chargers ( comes with new mobiles mostly)

These take less time to fully charge the mobile and increase the battery life time and performance.

#7 mip104

mip104

V.I.P. Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4046 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

My be there are so many models in the market ;)

As my charger is original (which is originally made in germany goes back to 5-6 years ago) and take more time to charge about 3-3.5 hours :) it also depends on the capacity of the battery, 1100 mAh or more or less, But when I decided to change my battery, the seller told me that my charger is the best , and told the ones which charges sooner are the Chinese ones, which he recommended to stay with my old charger not to buy the new ones. My charger is 355mA and the new ones are more for sure.

You may be right, but it totally depends on the Ampers that the charger provides, so it may be in reverse order

Edited by mip104, 19 September 2010 - 10:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users