• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RaduG

RaduG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:40 PM

I'm planning to take the CWNA certification exam early next year. In order to accomplish that, I've just passed the CCNA certification exam and I also bought the Sybex CWNA Study book. After all that I've read on the internet about CWNA and CCNA Wireless, I'm still not 100% sure of the ideal path in order to get both certifications. This is how I thought it would be a good way:
1. study the CWNA book
2. go to a few CCNA Wireless labs in order to get a little hands-on experience AND of course, study the CCNA Wireless course
3. take the CCNA Wireless exam
4. take the CWNA exam

I'm more of a technical guy, that's why I've chosen to start with CWNA. It's easier for me to learn and understand Wireless technologies if I know things about how data is transmitted.

Is this a good way of getting the best of both worlds? What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Radu

Edited by RaduG, 25 September 2010 - 11:40 PM.

#2 sirkozz

sirkozz

Wireless Expert

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

The CWNA can be passed without any hands on experience with 802.11; however the CCNA/w requires an ability to work with Cisco wireless gear. In short I agree with going for the CWNA first as it will give you a good basic understanding of 802.11 and if you familiar with Cisco gear your good to go.

Good luck!!!

#3 RaduG

RaduG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

OK, I'm on my CCNA Wireless/CWNA run. I'll update this thread with the progress.

#4 Deepanshu

Deepanshu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

OK, I'm on my CCNA Wireless/CWNA run. I'll update this thread with the progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users