4 replies to this topic

#1 shabbirprh

shabbirprh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

hi all,

i am new to vmware communitie, i just want to know how to get start studying for vcp coz i'd been through the site but not able to understand ,which certification is the first step, got very confused in choosing. pls guys help me with this,if you can provide me the thread link in which all these discussion has been done, it would be very help ful.

(please tell me which book should i follow)

thnx

#2 Itpros

Itpros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:20 PM

you may please check the "VCP410_ exam_blueprint guide_1" from VMware site, this give you a good idea on what are the topice need to be prepared for examination.
and they will suggest you some material for reading..

#3 kecho

kecho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

The only option to became VCP is taking a official training from a VMware training partner. You cannot take an exam without first taking the official training.

#4 setnaffa

setnaffa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:helping people, keeping my family happy, doing a variety of computer stuff

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:02 AM

The classes are around $3500-$3750 USD; but VMware Partners get discounts and can use sales credits to purchase classes. The lowest paid level of VMware Partner can get in for about $2800...

Can one use that class as a tax write-off? Is it a legitimate business expense?

A moot point without a spare $3000 and enough business to need more writeoffs...

#5 Vexpert

Vexpert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

hello friend,

I am a VCP and now conducting practical training sessions to network professionals in vmware ESX 4.x and 5. First of all , there are some primary difference between your other certifications like MCITP , CCNA

unlike other examinations , VCP dictates that you have to undergo a mandatory boot camp of 4 to 5 days to get yourself eligible for receiving your printed certificate and profile update in vmware website. But this pre-request is not blocking you from writing the examination first and then attending the boot camp next. ie if you are confident about your skill set with vmware product , you can go ahead and book your exam with any VUE exam center. Once you pass the exam , you will be issued your mark list and once you attend the boot camp and pay them those extra bucks , they will complete the transaction to issue the certificate to you .

In my opinion attending the boot camp alone will not make you confident to pass the exam . you have to download the blueprints from vmware website and download all associated documents and conduct a vigorous study to secure a good score. Even though dumps are availble for this exam , it will not help you that much as for your MCITP or CCNA exam. Better you practice your stuff well before writing the exam and use these dumps as just another exam preparation tool than depending fully on it .

and nothing can replace your practical hands on experience with vmware ESX server to pass this exam with high score . I recommend doing hands on session for few months before you venture in to boot camps or final exam.

Make sure you are already confident with Microsoft networking , little bit of Linux and some essential skill set with Cisco products before you venture in to vmware .

to download the exam blueprints from vmware click here

to get your practical hands on session on vmware products , click here

Visit http://vmwareTraining.in for joining your hands on training session on vmware ESX 4 and 5 products.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users