#31 Ash90

Ash90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Cisco Cert.

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:30 AM

Althoug too far from the discussion but the whole thing reminds me something interesting when I was at my University and the youngest teacher at that time (who is now a PhD an working somewhere in this world) used to say our class that, if rote method had been good eonough then the Parrot would have been the leader for all the creations or had it been hard work then only the donkeys would have been the champions among the league of creatoins. Then he would say that a little Intelligence is what makes human more powerful, thoug roting is a hard work too and both give you some help in your life.

It really doesn't matter for the most if the Dumps are out. Yet it also give some people more help at the eleventh hour. After the eleventh hour no one knows what is in the main cookin pot that was cooked for him. The rest is upon him to get himself out of the trouble. Dumps does help. Indeed as one need a practicing ground where one can practise not necessarily an atual track but it helps you to develop some kind of stamina.

#32 cciek

cciek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:08 AM

if you are ready to work hard for another 2 months join with me definitely you will get a ccie number ...............

#33 llcooljsl

llcooljsl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Just joined the forum and it's interesting reading the various viewpoints. I am very early on in my Cisco career, I've just completed CCNA and will likely do CCNA security before moving on to CCNP.
I think my standpoint on dumping is about dilution and cost. i.e. the more people dump a certification the more diluted it becomes and it ends up like the Microsoft qualifications which aren't worth much any more. I've got loads of MS certs yet my CCNA is more valued by the employers I've spoken to.
Cost is a massive factor for a lot of people and £1200 a pop is a huge amount of money. Do you have to pay that for every attempt? If so, then failing 4-8 times could be the equivalent of a deposit on a small house by the time you factor in travel and hotel expenses. How do you guys afford to keep trying?

I don't condone dumping, but given the costs involved and to alleviate some of the nerves I can understand why some people do it.

I personally plan to get a networking job in the next few weeks and then try and work my way up legitimately over the next couple of years.

For the lab exam, I think there is a difference between someone saying this is the likely topology you may encounter and make sure you're hot on XYZ so that you study extra hard on those topics , compared with someone saying this is the topology and this is the problem you will face and this is the solution, do XYZ, then ABC. Clearly the latter is just very impressive memory recall and will not be helping you in the real world, but the former is just like any other exam at school where you had the chance to review last years paper.

I don't know anyone who works with Cisco so hopefully you guys can help me as I work my way up the Cisco ladder.

Cheers

Jamie

#34 Darby Weaver

Darby Weaver

World's Largest Home Data Center

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8291 posts
  • Interests:Taking on new CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/CCDA/CCDP/CCDE study group members. Interested?

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

No matter how you ultimately master the material, you'll still have to master it to obtain meaningful long-term career-length employment.

That's the bottom line to the subject.

Everyone has different needs, no doubts, but a false sense of knowledge, proves itself in the workplace.

#35 catherinecnw

catherinecnw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Also consider what Mark said and multiply it by what Chrcel has said...

The goal of the program is to make a more knowledgeable engineer, that's it. Not much else.

If a person does take a shortcut... who got cheated? Cisco out of a few extra lab attempts over a few years... or...

Perhaps that CCIE who cries at night in wonder about how he or she can never seem to get a job, a good job, or a job actually doing CCIE level work, or whatever...

There are some CCIE's out there... that might as well refer to themselves as MCSE+CCIE since they do more Microsoft Server work than networking work... some are PMP+CCIE... some are SANS+CCIE or even CISSP+CCIE... but they are hardly CCIE... except in digits and on paper.

Who got cheated?

If a CCIE cannot speak to a CCNP technically in a pre-sales meeting... who got cheated?

I know a guy in I.T. who graduated high school and a technical school... but can't do basic math in his head on the fly... who got cheated?

A person can do whatever they like, call it whatever they want to, but if they come up short in the end... who got cheated?

Couldn't agree with you more, Darby.

#36 cciehunter

cciehunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Good discussion about Dumps. But some people can't afford to fail the costly lab exam so they might use lab dumps even after lot of preparation. Do you think anything is wrong with that as well?

The new version changes particularly are disturbing at times when there is no sufficient guidance or books available to study about new topics for the lab. Now some topics in CCIE Security V4.0 blueprint such as ISE can agitate people who have never come across it or used it so they need some guidance

#37 Darby Weaver

Darby Weaver

World's Largest Home Data Center

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8291 posts
  • Interests:Taking on new CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/CCDA/CCDP/CCDE study group members. Interested?

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

The truth of the matter is that the CCIE certification is designed for truly expert-level professionals not necessarily for those folks who have never seen it.

I know that sounds brutal... but it is the case.

Now, I know that sounds very chevalier... so I'll rephrase it in a more palatable format:  If a person can obtain the knowledge and expereince with said equipment and IOS, then that person can rather easily obtain the credentials of those very highly paid 40-60 year old people who profess to expert enough to become CCIE's. 

There are younger CCIE's and there are some folks who are simply challenged to obtain employment at all, with or without the CCIE.

Take me... a simple CCNP who entertains a daily influx of job opportunities from $100k to $200k US each and every day... only a CCNP with some "progressive experience" detailing my time in the trenches, my successes, and even my very own failures along the way.

So... I understand the desire to shortcut the process and obtain such stature prematurely... No doubt about it.  Everyone wants to be able to afford a Lamborghini versus a Yugo...  No one is gonna blame a person for trying.

I know many CCIE's and some with as many as 5 or 6 CCIE's today who started just like this.... and are still somewhat challenged to do a little better in the wallet department...

They are better off than they would have been otherwise - no doubt. 

Everyone must do what is correct for themself - or "To each, his own..."  Who is correct to judge the moral, character, ethics, or values of another person anyway?

Do what you got to do...

First thing is first, get the credential... Just don't forget your learning while you are busy getting certified...

The truth is the certification can be done without more times than not... The knowledge is required most of the time.  It is obtained through experience - however obtained.

Darby Weaver

#38 Exams_4sure

Exams_4sure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

I am glad to join this forum all of study material is  here for my assistance.

Want to get Cima P2 Certified? Exams4sure has Management Accounting Exam course past papers study matrial Get help with Exams4sure study guide for Cima P2 exam. Get CIMA P2 Study material practice paper and pass exam. Get complete file from
CIMA P2 Question Answer

#39 Exams_4sure

Exams_4sure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

Want to get certified of AWS. So u no need to worry about any exam. Get help with exams4sure study material.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users