3 replies to this topic

#1 sandy2810

sandy2810

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

Couple of years back we were connected through Redline AN 80i to one of our branch office. This connection was disconnected as we got fiber connection, however the outdoor antennas were not disconnected and were left intact. Now we would like to use this wireless connection as backup but the company who installed this no longer supports Redline devices

This left us with no option but to try resetting the device to factory defaults and try configuring it ourselves. Both the PTP devices were reset to factory defaults as per instructions laid out in user manual but the RF link between the two devices would not come up. We set one of the Redline antenna to PTP master and the other to slave with no luck.
Current software version loaded is 2.00.004 (We would like to upgrade this to the latest version but unable to find the software) and Radio type t58i with 22 DBi gain. Frequency is manually set to 5800 MHz on both the end.

There is this Product options on the web configuration page where I guess we need to enter some option key to enable certain features, if an AN-80i is placed in-service without entering a purchased permanent Options Key -- the wireless link will experience a service outage. After resetting the device there is already an activation key listed but I guess its expired or limited. I guess the RF link is not coming up because of this Option key.

We will appreciate if someone having Redline experience can lead us in the right direction for setting up this wireless connection. For your information we have a clear line of sight between the two offices.

#2 talent pk

talent pk

Cisco Newbie

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4028 posts
  • Interests:Oracle

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

I guess that both are Client side connections coming through the service provider's Satellite Dish. And both end connections need to be authenticated before getting connected using the Key you mentioned. So as far as my thought goes, You need an active service provider in order for the active Site to Site connections.

If service provider is not providing you a media then you can't access those links. In order to utilize the Devices you already have at your end i suggest looking for some other Service Provider to provide you the similar facility which previous company was giving.

Edited by talent pk, 13 June 2011 - 06:40 AM.

#3 sandy2810

sandy2810

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

I guess that both are Client side connections coming through the service provider's Satellite Dish. And both end connections need to be authenticated before getting connected using the Key you mentioned. So as far as my thought goes, You need an active service provider in order for the active Site to Site connections.

If service provider is not providing you a media then you can't access those links. In order to utilize the Devices you already have at your end i suggest looking for some other Service Provider to provide you the similar facility which previous company was giving.

The Temporary options key we had reduces the capabilities of the wireless devices but will not prevent you from establishing RF link. I had to eventually contact Redline support to get permanent options key and with their help, we were able to establish wireless connectivity between the devices. FYI we are operating on unlicensed frequency.

Regards

#4 talent pk

talent pk

Cisco Newbie

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4028 posts
  • Interests:Oracle

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

Good to have it up and working

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users