• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 syedabbas

syedabbas

Hardware & Microsoft

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Interests:Interested in Microsoft Products and in the field of networking and security. Have completed my A+,MCP,MCTS and now hoping to get my RHCE soon.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

Hi Dears,

I have a problem with my wi-fi connection at home. I have an Ordinary Modem which is given by the ISP and
from that I have connected a Netgear WGR614v9 wireless Router and since my laptop is pretty older I bought a Netgear WG111v3 USB adapter to connect to wireless. At the beginning everything went fine. Now my problem is when I browse after some time wireless stops working. I have another Desktop PC which is connected directly from the Wi-Fi router that works fine but only my wireless stops working, I tried to plug out and plug in the USB adapter still I am unable to get the connection. It only connects to the Router but does not establish Connection to Internet. In the router all lights are fine. My only solution to make internet work is to switch of both the Modem and the Wi-Fi router and switching on it again. Only then it connects to Internet. I would like to know whats the problem. Could anyone help me please.

My OS is Windows XP. The Desktop PC which is connected to Wireless router has Windows 7.

Regards,
Syed Abbas

Edited by syedabbas, 10 July 2011 - 12:45 AM.

#2 syedabbas

syedabbas

Hardware & Microsoft

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Interests:Interested in Microsoft Products and in the field of networking and security. Have completed my A+,MCP,MCTS and now hoping to get my RHCE soon.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

I am just trying to update my USB Adapter driver.....Let me install it and tell you whether my problem is fixed or not.

Regards,
Syed Abbas

#3 bluefin

bluefin

V.I.P. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

Netgear wireless router's sucks for some reason.
i had faced similar issues with many netgear routers.

disable qos service in your wlan card.
change to difeernt channels apart from default. say, 11 or 13.
check for setting in router for wireless is set to auto or 802.1g.
xp support only 802.1/a/b.

#4 syedabbas

syedabbas

Hardware & Microsoft

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

Hi Blufin,

Found the problem was with the wire that goes to modem which came inside the wall and it was Twisted and got jammed somehow
The tech people frorm my ISP came and rectified it now the problem got resolved.

When I asked what was the problem he said due to the wire Jam the bits was not continuous and tht was the problem.

Regards,
Syed Abbas

#5 kamtec1

kamtec1

Microsoft Servers Expert

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:MCSE/MCSA/A+/MCTS
    Microsoft Servers
    Microsoft Products
    IPTell
    CEH
    CISCO
    Microsoft® Certified IT Professional ﴾MCITP﴿

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

Hi Blufin,

Found the problem was with the wire that goes to modem which came inside the wall and it was Twisted and got jammed somehow
The tech people frorm my ISP came and rectified it now the problem got resolved.

When I asked what was the problem he said due to the wire Jam the bits was not continuous and tht was the problem.

Regards,
Syed Abbas

Hi ,

I can say the tech from ISP didn't tell you lie :)

I checked couple of months ago in my area couple of thous situations and the results were bad .....

I mean problem that caused RJ-45 or optic cable is more like a jam after very long time use ... ,and the RJ need to be "putted" and inset to the port good .

Its could be that some wires in the RJ are jammed and that i checked ....

P.S. Made in China :))) you will understand meeeee :)))

Good luck ,

#6 syedabbas

syedabbas

Hardware & Microsoft

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:01 AM

Ha ha ha yes you are right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users