Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:21 PM
Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:22 PM
Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:37 PM
troubleshooting didnt work and i restarted my computer. nothing.
now it says "USB device not recognized, one the the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."
Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:39 PM
Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:34 AM
One of my USB ports wont recognize anything. It has happened to me before, and he miraculously fixed itself. I did something with the Device manager, but i forget what. Apparently my USB port has chronic Amnesia.
If the problem appeared and before it worked well you can restore the system to the good restore point that the usb drive worked well .
Update the drivers
Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:43 PM
Unplug the USB device, and then plug the device back into the computer or hub. If your computer still does not recognize the device then,
- Click Start, click Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. The Device Manager window opens.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click a USB Root Hub in the list, and then click Properties. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is displayed.
- Click the Power Management tab.
- Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each USB Root Hub in the list.
- On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.
Windows XP recognizes the new device.
- Close the Device Manager window.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hardware, windows
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users