• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ironix

ironix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

One of my USB ports wont recognize anything. It has happened to me before, and he miraculously fixed itself. I did something with the Device manager, but i forget what. Apparently my USB port has chronic Amnesia.

#2 clairienz

clairienz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

if it is front usb check if it is properly connected . Try to enable /disable usb in bios save settings and exit. Try to uninstall usb from device manager and wait them install again. Try just update driver form device manager( i saw a guy making a usb mouse recognized and working just update driver from device manager) Try reinstall your chipset driver or get the newest one.
http://www.techyv.com

#3 ironix

ironix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

it used to work fine.now whatever i plug into my USB it will not recognize it.
troubleshooting didnt work and i restarted my computer. nothing.
now it says "USB device not recognized, one the the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

#4 clairienz

clairienz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

I recommend that you reinstall your usb drive.Simply put in the cd or floppy disk it came with and run it.Its probably just a malfunction.Or do a system restore on your computer.It will restore your computer to an earlier time.Start/All Programs/System Tools.

#5 clairienz

clairienz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

http://www.techyv.co...nize-usb-device

I use it to slove those problems, and my USB port now working well, hope it would help you.

#6 kamtec1

kamtec1

Microsoft Servers Expert

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:MCSE/MCSA/A+/MCTS
    Microsoft Servers
    Microsoft Products
    IPTell
    CEH
    CISCO
    Microsoft® Certified IT Professional ﴾MCITP﴿

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

One of my USB ports wont recognize anything. It has happened to me before, and he miraculously fixed itself. I did something with the Device manager, but i forget what. Apparently my USB port has chronic Amnesia.

Hi .

If the problem appeared and before it worked well you can restore the system to the good restore point that the usb drive worked well .

Update the drivers :)

Good luck.

#7 Andrewpaul

Andrewpaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Hi,
Unplug the USB device, and then plug the device back into the computer or hub. If your computer still does not recognize the device then,
  • Click Start, click Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. The Device Manager window opens.
  • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
  • Right-click a USB Root Hub in the list, and then click Properties. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is displayed.
  • Click the Power Management tab.
  • Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.
  • Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each USB Root Hub in the list.
  • On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

Windows XP recognizes the new device.
  • Close the Device Manager window.
http://www.techyv.co...nize-usb-device

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hardware, windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users