11 replies to this topic

#1 stormshade69

stormshade69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

hello Masters,

just want to ask your expert opinions on which to take/buy CBT/exam after i studied.
id like to shift my career into security my specialization now is performance/load testing(LoadRunner)

CEH(ecouncil) or CPTE(mile2)
i can only see the COST as a PRO/CONS

CEH online course(CBT/live video) CPTE online course(CBT/live video)
750USD 500/550

exam voucher exam voucher
500USD 250USD

how about career/professional life wise?
those who are CEH or CPTE holders i really appreciate if you can comment on this

thanks in advance

#2 quake566

quake566

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hi stormshade69,

I've been a pentester for about two years. I can honestly say that I have never heard of the CPTE course before seeing your link. That doesn't mean it's no good, just that I have no idea about it. C|EH is a different matter. This is quite common. Your sig says you're wondering about OSCP. This is great and I'll be doing the course as soon as possible. C|EH = basics really, think Network+. OSCP = Intermediate (IMHO), Think CCNP.

Hope this is in time for you! Anyone else care to comment?

#3 Be Quick Or Be Dead!

Be Quick Or Be Dead!

Retired and Rusted

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1530 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

HI

C|EH 7 has a good curricullum. Post C|EH the only certification I loved is CHFI.

Regred the delayed response.

Cheers!

#4 Be Quick Or Be Dead!

Be Quick Or Be Dead!

Retired and Rusted

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1530 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

OSCP is not recognised too well outside the Pen Testing network. You get that certification you stick to pen testing for atleast 3-5 years. CEH of CHFIs are regarded as Securlty consultatnts.

My perspective I could be wrong.

#5 kamtec1

kamtec1

Microsoft Servers Expert

• Technical Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:MCSE/MCSA/A+/MCTS
    Microsoft Servers
    Microsoft Products
    IPTell
    CEH
    CISCO
    Microsoft® Certified IT Professional ﴾MCITP﴿

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hi .

CEH for me :)

Good luck..

#6 Pholarbi

Pholarbi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

I am in industry since many years and MIle2 certifications are well known in industry and individuals and professionals are rapidly moving towards these certifications. CPTE and other Mile2 certifications have less marketing thats why people here are not aware of them. i have both CEH and CPTE certification and from learning point of view CPTE is much better than CEH, and to be very honest i dont know about the OSCP.

#7 stormshade69

stormshade69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

thanks guys...im planning to pursue a Pen Test career thats why im building foundations...although im not anymore new to IT going 10yrs already...i reach to a point in my career that i got bored simply because i was moved to another team that has less pressure than im doing before...since ive got lots of time to study for my security track im going to take my Security+ (SY0-301)next month(sept) then take CEH or CPTE on November/December(assuming i got the study materials ahead of time)

Pholarbi can i borrow your CPTE materials if its ok with you? Posted Image
kindly email me if its ok dark_knight_baby@hotmail.com

thank you thank you

Edited by stormshade69, 10 August 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#8 ISecure

ISecure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

CEH is best or SANS best other

#9 Pholarbi

Pholarbi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

I would suggest you to study from Mile2 CBTz, which i concerned is the best source of exam preparation and also you can buy newly launched CPTE guide book from the following link :
http://mile2.com/mil...1&category_id=9
This covers all CPTE topics and very helpful for exam.
All the best

#10 Mchetan

Mchetan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi,
I never heard CPTE but i know CEH.

CEHv7 provides a comprehensive ethical hacking and network security-training program to meet the standards of highly skilled security professionals. Hundreds of SMEs and authors have contributed towards the content presented in the CEHv7 courseware. Latest tools and exploits uncovered from the underground community are featured in the new package.

This is information from ACIT site. For more information visit acit.in

Thanks

#11 abva

abva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hi, i am a CPTE. I prepared for the exam using Mile2 course material. The exam is not easy to pass too. there are 100 questions covering all the topics and all those are well covered in the videos. I also recommend to go for the training if any one can afford and practice the various tools and techniques used in pentesting. this way you can bypass wastage of time looking for the resources.

#12 stormshade69

stormshade69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

i just survived the exam last July...i got 90/100 hehehe most of the questions are situational the LAB worked helped half of the exam.

my next target is either GCIH or GCFE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users