3 replies to this topic

#1 hasan_zehn

hasan_zehn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Passed the exam yesterday, just some tips for study:
I used ‘Mastering Microsoft Virtualization’ by Tim Cerling et al, and a VMWare Workstation based lab to do the hands-on.

Aside from the usual multiple choice there were a number of other formats. The one that was new to me was a bunch of questions where you were presented with the same (or very similar) long list of possible answers ranging from A – M, except the answers were re-arranged & some questions had a few less possible answers to choose from. There were about 6 of these questions and they all came one after the other.

There was also the ‘pick the click’ right answer when presented with a graphic to select from. Also another format where you had to pick say 3 correct blocks of answers out of 5/6 and then you HAD to arrange them in the correct sequence order. I found these questions consumed a lot of my time, subtle difference between similar answers had me scratching my head at times!

Lots of questions on RDS, about 10. A couple of questions involved DPM 2010 (don’t worry, nothing deep) and a bunch of questions around using/understanding SCVMM 2008R2. Know the difference between 2008 and 2008R2 failover clusters (i.e. no CSV/Live Migration on 2008). Make sure you have some hands on with SCVMM, know your P2V best practice, and understand disks as related to hyper-v.

#2 mip104

mip104

V.I.P. Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4046 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Congratulation, thanks for providing and sharing your experience and information about this exam

Good luck

#3 simpleuser1

simpleuser1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

thanks

#4 simpleuser1

simpleuser1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

thanks for the info

Edited by simpleuser1, 14 June 2012 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users