• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ahmedamine

ahmedamine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

This video will show you how to configure your management tool which is vcenter server for the 5.1 version

#2 MeggaMoe

MeggaMoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Awesome video and simply well done!
my question to all is, does the NAS adapter work? or does it have to be an actual NAS unit? I found some NAS adapters that are cheap and basically they would connect any External USB hard drives to your LAN and configure it as a NAS to be shared over network. I haven't tried it yet but I am assuming it should work, right? anyone out there ever tried this method?
An Example of NAS adapters check this link: http://www.amazon.co...usb nas adapter

and as you can see it's price is around $42.00 comparing to cheapest NAS or iSCSI for over $200. Some enclosures also are NAS you just have to add the drives.
Like mentioned i never tried it yet because I am still thinking about what is the right method to go. i don't care about speed or performance at this point because I am going to be doing this at home just to practice more and get more hands on.
Will have a vcenter, 2 hosts and maybe few vmware stations.

Please advise.
Thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vmware, vcenter, vsphere, management

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users