13 replies to this topic

#1 a800300

a800300

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

Hi Guys

Quick question, I had my Cisco CCNP certification now more almost 3 years, I havent been studying since then, My certification will expire on the 30 October this year. My questions is beside CVoice what other exams can I write to extend my certification for another 3 years?

Thanks

#2 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

Just pass 1 Pro level exam (not certification) that counts toward Pro-level certification to extend all Pro and Associate level certs for another 3 years;

Voice, Design, Wireless, or CCIE written

good luck

Edited by martinlo, 26 February 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#3 a800300

a800300

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Thanks for the information buddy, so just to confirm if I should write 642-427 TVOICE i should be ok of another 3 years.?

#4 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

any exam from CCNP Voice will do; TVOICE is last one you should take; CVOICE is the first one;

#5 a800300

a800300

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hi 

I have done my CVOICE already so the next one would be 642-447 CIPT1? then the one after that should be 642-457 CIPT2, can I only write the one exam 642-447 CIPT1 will this then extend my certification for three years or must i write both part1 and part2?, Thank for the speedy response man really appreciate it.

#6 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Yes, just 1 exam; part 1 or part 2 within track, it doesn't matter

so when you took CVOICE, you got CCNP renewd for 3 years; now is about to expire?

problem might be Voice certification must be done within 3 years of passing 1st exam; so if u passed CVOICE 3 years ago, it does not  count;

if CVOICE expires by the time you pass all voice exams, you will have to re-take CVOICE;

there is no re-newing passed exam; all exams expire 3 years after; yo ucan only renew complete certifications;

Edited by martinlo, 01 March 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#7 a800300

a800300

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

This is the email I got from cisco last week it reads, as I explained earlier im completely lost here as I have not been studying for a while now please see below and advice me what is the quickest way to extend my certification as I really don't want to lose it :-( worked extremely hard.

Your CCNA Routing and Switching Cisco Certification will expire on 10/20/2013.
The demand for trained and qualified professionals continues to grow making your Cisco Certification more important than ever. Now is the time to recertify or move ahead to the next level of certification. If your certification expires, you will be required to repeat the entire certification exam process in order to regain your certification. Renewal requires certification holders to register and pass the appropriate certification exam(s) before the expiration date to meet the recertification requirements.
There are several recertification options. For information regarding recertification requirements visit the Cisco recertification website at www.cisco.com/go/recertification. For information on Cisco Certification exams such as how to register for an exam, visit www.cisco.com/go/certifications/exam. Please plan your recertification exam attempts in a timely manner to avoid decertification. Visit our Exam Policies website at www.cisco.com/go/exampolicy for more information about our exam retake policy and other pertinent exam information for recertification.  For commonly asked questions about the Cisco Certification program, visit Certification Online Support at http://www.cisco.com/go/certsupport.
Best regards,
The Learning@Cisco Team

Then got another one that states

Your CCNP Cisco Certification will expire on 10/20/2013.
The demand for trained and qualified professionals continues to grow making your Cisco Certification more important than ever. Now is the time to recertify or move ahead to the next level of certification. If your certification expires, you will be required to repeat the entire certification exam process in order to regain your certification. Renewal requires certification holders to register and pass the appropriate certification exam(s) before the expiration date to meet the recertification requirements.
There are several recertification options. For information regarding recertification requirements visit the Cisco recertification website at www.cisco.com/go/recertification. For information on Cisco Certification exams such as how to register for an exam, visit www.cisco.com/go/certifications/exam. Please plan your recertification exam attempts in a timely manner to avoid decertification. Visit our Exam Policies website at www.cisco.com/go/exampolicy for more information about our exam retake policy and other pertinent exam information for recertification.  For commonly asked questions about the Cisco Certification program, visit Certification Online Support at http://www.cisco.com/go/certsupport.
Best regards,

and then the last one that states

Your CCNA Voice Cisco Certification will expire on 10/20/2013.
Best regards,
The Learning@Cisco Team

Im extremely confused please shed some light on this will really appreciate it. Am I screwd :-(

Would it be possible for me to write the CCNA wireless exam and it will extend my certification?

#8 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

to renew Pro -level cert take and pass just one Pro-level exam;

CCNA wireless exam will not re-new CCNP just CCNA-level  and lower like CCENT;

#9 a800300

a800300

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

So if I understand correctly I can choose which one to do on the list below, I don't need to do all I can just do one and it will extend my certification for another 3 years.

Thanks man really appreciate your feeback

Required Exam(s) Recommended Training 642-437 CVOICE Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS (CVOICE ) 642-447 CIPT1 Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1 ) 642-457 CIPT2 Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2 ) 642-427 TVOICE Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications (TVOICE ) 642-467 CAPPS Integrating Cisco Unified Communications Applications (CAPPS )

#10 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

yes, just one; if u take 642-437 CVOICE v8 - the latest, u will renew all other certs and start Voice at Pro level program; u will have 3 years to finish CCNP Voice - take 4 remaining exams.

you already have CCNA Voice; what exam did u pass to get it? old v 6 ?

#11 a800300

a800300

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

hey man thanks for the reponse, but i have a problem as per the website cisco give one 3 years to complete the certification, 3 years has already gone and i havent taken any exams yet, would it be better if i start another pro level certification like CCNP Wireless to extend my CCNP Routing and switching but will loose my CCNP Voice certification?

#12 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

take 642-437 CVOICE Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS to renew all

#13 a800300

a800300

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Thanks man, I have passed  642-437 CVOICE  3 years ago and passed 642-427 TVOICE a few weeks ago, but there are still 3 more exams for pro level and my 3 years expires in October, i unfortunately dont have the cash to write another 3 exams 642-447 CIPT1 , 642-457 CIPT2 642-467 CAPPS , would it be possible if I can write one CCNP wireless exam to extend my previous CCNP certification?, I'm really stressed out about this :-(, Please assist, Thank you

#14 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

just one Pro -level exam is needed for extension; so if u passed TVOICE , it should extend other CCNP and lower exams like CCNA automatically. check cisco cert progress site.

u passed CVOICE 3 years ago, it will expire and u will have to re-take CVOICE  withing 3 years of passing TVOCIE to get CCNP VOice (including other 3 exams)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users