7 replies to this topic

#1 Petnell

Petnell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Hi All,

Will CCNA security certification be rewarded when CCNA R&S exam is passed?

I have an expired CCNA R&S and I have returned to school to finally complete my bachelor degree. One of the subjects is Network security which is based on the CNAP CCNA Security v1.1 Curriculum. I was hopeful that i would sit and pass the CCNA security certification exam and then within a short period of time I would recertify my CCNA R&S ! when CCNA R&S is passed would both certifications be rewarded ?

http://www.cisco.com...rity/index.html

#2 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

No,  you need valid ccna to get ccna security; once exam has expired, it must be re-taken;

btw. current exam version is 2.0 not 1.1 for ccna security; just to make sure you study for correct version

640-554 IINS Written Exam Topics v2.0.

#3 Petnell

Petnell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

So I need a valid CCNA R&S before I'm allow to sit the CCNA security ?

The exam centre will enforce this ?

Edited by Petnell, 09 March 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#4 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

no,  you can pass CCNA Security exam but will not be awarded cert paper until u pass ccna;

same thing for other certs.

no enforcment by exam center

#5 Petnell

Petnell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Excellent! Thats the information I wanted :)

#6 Tazio

Tazio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hi Martinlo,

So from I understood is that you can take the CCNA Security exams even though you don't have a valid CCNA R&S but the only thing is that after you pass you will not get a paper certificate from Cisco about your CCNA Security until you pass your CCNA R&S. Is that correct ?

If this is true then my next question will be although you will not have a paper certificate but if an employee wants to check your CCNA security certification will you show active on Cisco internal website ?

Then last question if am not asking too much. If someone has CCIE R&S valid ( I mean the lab also) then I guess he should be able to take any CCNA and CCNP exams as he meets all the pre-requisites even for Design and Data . Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Tazio

#7 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

true about CCIE cert; it is valid as prerequisite for all other certs; 

I think employee will not see your cert as you are not officially awarded cert yet.  you can show that you pass exam. 

#8 cciehunter

cciehunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hi All,

Will CCNA security certification be rewarded when CCNA R&S exam is passed?

I have an expired CCNA R&S and I have returned to school to finally complete my bachelor degree. One of the subjects is Network security which is based on the CNAP CCNA Security v1.1 Curriculum. I was hopeful that i would sit and pass the CCNA security certification exam and then within a short period of time I would recertify my CCNA R&S ! when CCNA R&S is passed would both certifications be rewarded ?

http://www.cisco.com...rity/index.html

If you pass the new CCENT 100-101 also called Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) v2.0 then you can appear for CCNA Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users