1 reply to this topic

#1 MeggaMoe

MeggaMoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

I have a question about vcenter server  5.5
when I try to go to permissions to add users, I should have the option to select my domain server from the drop down menu and then once selected it should populate my active directory users and groups for my domain ( dc1.company.pri ) in this case.
Problem I am facing is it doesn't populate those, it will display my server name which is DC1 and I select it but no domain users or groups populate.
nslookup shows my vcenter server results: 
Server:  dc1.company.pri
Address:  10.1.0.100

Name:    vcenter.company.pri
Address:  10.1.0.25

my hosts and vcenter server all have static ip addresses and manually added in forward and reverse lookup zones on my dn server.

#2 MeggaMoe

MeggaMoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Never mind I got it :)

1. Log into the vSphere Web Client using the administrator@vsphere.local credentials (for version 5.5) and supplied SSO password (Single Sign on)
  2. Click Administration.
  3. Under Sign-On and Discovery, click Configuration.
  4. Click the Active Directory identity source.
  5. Under Actions, click Edit Identity Source.
  6. Make note of listed domains, and if you don't see yours simply click the + button and add it.
  7. Under Administration go to Users and Groups.
  8. Under Users and Groups, click the domain's drop down menu select your domain.
  9. Add domain users or groups to grant access via vSphere Web Client or just the vSphere Client.
  10. Now you should be able to login with your windows session credintials if user logged into to windows is part of users or groups that were added to under Users and Groups tab in step 8 above

It was such a challenge fighting with this back and forth for 3 days just trying to figure out how to do it.

I mean I think there's got to be a way to automatically populate your domain under permissions since this is the domain that vm workstation where the vcenter is actually installed on, I maybe wrong but I think that should have been an option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users