No replies to this topic

#1 tradu81

tradu81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Hi,

I was hoping someone could assist with providing some options to achieve incoming and outgoing external email from our testing environment.

I need to be able to have our testing Exchange 2010 environment (test.domain.internal) which is not a standard domain extension to be able to send and receive external email via our production Exchange 2010 Organization (example: domain.com).

The problem I see is that our testing Exchange Organization is usign smtp address name space test.domain.internal and I want to avoid creatign a whole new external domain namespace, MX Record etc for external dns. So, I'd lke to use the same namespace as my production for the Internet sender to see. So example say external sender test.contoso.com sends to testuser@domain.com, My production Exchange Organization would then need to re-direct\route this email to our test.domain.internal Exchange Organization.  That is what we woudl like to achieve, I know there are different ways we can do it and apart from Network firewall components, what woudl we need to configure, what's the easiest way?

I'm thinking I'd need to create an accepted domain for test.domain.internal  and be athorative for that domain in our production environment. I'd then need to create a Mail Contact in our production environment with smtp testuser@test.domain.internal. Then create a new receive connector to allow relay to the test.domain.internal Exchange 2010 server and perhaps create a new Send Connector for that domain.

Then on the test Exchange 2010 server I would need to add an accepted domain for domain.com.

Is that teh best way, has anyone done this before and achieved this?

I know it may not be best practice as you would isolate these environments but this is for testign purposes only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users