faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:IT/Telcom

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:48 AM

Warning and Disclaimer#1:-
This post is only and only for newbie’s who are fresh in the field of networking (cisco) + for those ppl who are lil bit puzzle yet to start their CCNA journey , So already if you has been passed CCNA or you know much about braindumping or You are a Cisco guru / CCIE candidate then please don’t waste your time to read this useless thread.. I only and only tried to share my own experience with beginners and that’s all. If you feel that below I used some rude/hard words for braindumpers then I really apologize for this. , Infact already many ppl have been shared their CCNA experiences on this forum, below are 2 very good examples from them = =>
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80363
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125217
so I didn’t do anything new but just shared some old tips/tweaks and let me also clear that I didn’t try to become hero or no # 1 ,no way …I am a very very simple guy having no any extra qualities or high education/experience and once again I apologies if there is anything negative/wrong you feel in my post :) , please do correct me via PM….

Why I wrote this post?
The reality is that 3 years ago(in the end of 2005) when I took admission(for CCNA preparation) in a low level institute then after 2 to 3 weeks I asked bundles of time to my teacher that please I understood all the concepts from 1st and 2nd chapter in CCNA book but kindly explain me sap/snap because this is away from my head but he didn’t/couldn’t , then after wasting many months I realize that the teacher itself isn’t CCNA or CCNP certified and he even don’t know about the difference between Autonomous system concept of OSPF & BGP etc so I leaved that institute and take admission in another but got same results, none of my friend/relative and any other network engineer guided me that what should I do?? Even I met with a CCIE lab fail guy but he didn’t put me on the right way so after wasting lot of time/money/energy then i got the right way from my own struggles and frankly speaking I passed my CCNA via sadikhov :) so when I passed then I started to explain the questions which most CCNA candidates raise but then I feel that most of the CCNA candidates are passing by using only dumps, actually when any new member come here and open the pinned post =>”I passed ” if you don’t trust on me then you can check the old history (I mean before the mid of 2007) ,so I thought that it is important to put all these beginners on the right way rather then answering their dumping questions, so that’s why I wrote this thread only and only for beginners..

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = == = =
Dear All,

I saw many of times here that people request here for dumps and confuse that how to start CCNA study?What is the best video training? etc.The main mission of sadikhov dat com isnt producing more and more braindumpers which already is happening here.Braindumper born in CCNA(all associate levels i mean CCDA etc) forums and then they create prob in CCNP(All professional levels i mean CCNP&CCSP etc) forums.So i decided to post a brief note on that.

How to prepare CCNA?

There are 2 possibilities

1. U already joined or looking for an institute.
or
2. U are self studying.

1.Regular CCNA study through institute:-

If you can afford and u find any well reputed and well equipped (with all necessary cisco devices) institute in your area then you should consider ur self lucky and take the admission ASAP.It is highly recommended way of study i suppose because you can work on real routers and switches and learn live through good teachers.

Note:-I already wasted my few months and money in 2 low level institutes so please while deciding institute ask the current/X students of that institute.

My own qout = = > ”Read before the teacher teach.”
Always try to study the topic which the teacher don't teach you yet i mean next lecture.By this way you can ask more questions to teacher at real time beause u already knew the basics of that topic + this isn't new for you and when teacher will teach you, your all doubts will be clear and i found it v v helpful for long life/better understand.

2.CCNA through self study:-

i)If you have a network background then u can start with CISCO press books but i recommend for fresh net workers to use sybex press because it is easy as compared to CISCO for beginners.
Note:- CCNA Curriculum 4 modules is highly recommended for making strong CISCO basics.If you belongs from span then you are lucky bcz a Spanish version is also available on sadikhov.

You should also study through video trainings bcz

a)These are made for whole world not for any specific institute/students.
b)You can take same lecture as many times as you want and at any suitable time when u have some free time for study.
c)Almost in all video trainings u can view live labs on live routers so it would also strong ur Lab knowledge.
d)Almost all are free on sadikhov so u need not worry to buy these.

Here is the list of recommended & all major video trainings provider companies.

1.[Train'signal] ICND1 & 2 <==== Recommended
2.Cisco press (CCNA video mentor)<===== Recommended
3.Cbtnuggets (640-802)<==== Recommended
4.knowledgenet
5.Testout
5.[learnskey]
6.Careeracademy
7.Globalknowledge

You can try only one or two types but i don't recommend to use all of the above 7 mentioned.I personally like [Train'signal] and it is upon you that what you find better for you.There are 3 options to start study with these stuff.

a)books===>then videotraings.
b)Videotraining===>then books.
c)books + video trainings at same time.

Mr personal experience says that option b is better bcz as you go through 1 or 2 times with video training then you read book and you will feel that this book is very easy LOL.Anyway its upon you that what u like.

Real world tip :-
My way of study is that i also convert them in audio mp3 form(by using Allok AVI-MPEG-WMV-RM-to-MP3-Converter) and listen while on bed, on driving or any relax time.But only for revision so these topics are easily sit in my mind forever.You can try it i hop it will be very helpfull.

2ndly many CCIE stuff provider companies are making audio boot camp for example Ipexprt dat com ,videoed dat com etc so this little habit also will help to you in future when you will enter in CCIE game.
Check this = => www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121471

How I can perform Labs in self study?

1stly if you have an institute which can permit you for practice Labs only (in some $) or you have any relation with CEO/teacher of that institute and he will give you access for only few hours per week then try it first bcz it is very cheap/helpful for you.I also used this way.

2ndly use the dynamips router simulator.It will give you 100% results as real router give you.
Go in cisco share and search with the "dynamips" keyword. You will find everything which you want.Also you will lots of cisco IOS in there.

3rdly CCNA Video mentor will be very helpful for you in preparation of Labs.

Fourthly there are also some other router simulators like boson,routersim etc you can practise on them for switching but be sure that they dont give 100% results.

Fifthly the companion CDRooms with sybex and cisco press books are available in my collection give me someday to search and upload.

Sixthly You can practice with too many commands on already preconfigured labs by using CCNA Flash Cards(already shared in cisco share section)

Note:-CCNP,CCSP and even CCIE flash cards also has been released.

What are dumps/braindumpers and should i use these?

Dumps(pass4sure, testinside and testking etc) are cheats and the person who only relay on these to pass exam is called braindumper.

This is the most imp turning point of your IT career when you easily have access of dumps/cheats but you dont know that what should i do with these dumps?Now listen if you misguide at that time then you will become a braindumper and there is no medicine on any drugstore for it,once you become habit of braindumping then it may be possible that you cannot change it through your whole IT career (However u want to change it).At last i can only say that GOD bless You.Please dnt waste your time and our time go away.

1st of all i am clarifying that sadikhov dat com isnt a free latest dump provider site.If you come here specially for dumps then u can leave it would be better for you and us.Read these posts from top to bottom and ur mind/eye should be open why i am saying as

www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63327
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58840
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109816

Well if you are facing any problem regarding study i e study material/problems while studying etc then u r welcome here.You are not alone we are all here to help you so my bro dntwory.

2ndly CCNA is a base of CISCO certifications if your base is composed of dump then your walls(CCNP) must be need for dump and at last when you reach near top(CCIE LAB) then be remember that there is no dum for CCIE LAB.

3rdly you should think on that point that why all most all people are passing in CCNA,CCNP,CCIE (written) etc but when they reach to LAB then only few can pass it?

Note:-I am not saying that all failed people in LAB are braindumpers ,their are many other reasons beside that.I appropriates the work/spirit of all persons who atleast took it for 1 time.

see this==>hxxp://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77177&hl=took

Did Wambari CCIE # 17522 used any pass4sure or testinside to crack LAB? If he can do then why you cannot do? So do study/hard work as much as u can and ask us for any help/confusion.

When and how i should use dumps:-

Please during your study period dont think about any dump.Leave all matters which are happening on sadikhov regarding dumps.At time of studying through books+video trainings+all Labs if you feel any confusion you ask us.but please i am again n again saying that if you read a CCNA book 1 time and then you open pass4sure and ask us that hey prob in Q# ** i cannot understand that why this is hapend?what is the correct answer etc? Please don't do that, don't waste ur time and our time also.Ask pass4sure or testinside team who made it unfortunately. If you are thinking on this point that you asked us all questions here which you couldn't solve by yourself and now you understand all questions of dumps and you are ready to hit the exam then it is 100% sure that you are totally wrong.

I know that it is very hard for some people who arrange the fee (150$) and they cannot afford to fail . 2ndly i also agree that when you 100% prepare/confident for exam then you can use it, some people even pass without preparing any exam engine. Ok here is the way of use it

a)Before you hit the exam Approx 1 week earlier you can 1st try testking because it have also explanations for every question but be aware that it has many plenty of bugs.

b)You can use some useful transcenders or boson practice materiel but before seeing whole quesitons+answers open your practice exam engine and try a virtual exam and see that how much u scored?This is the real score of your study/mind level without using any dump.So you again start study and see that in which areas you are weak and how much you need more study.Then again do a virtual exam and at last you will get 1000/1000.So now its the time that you can hit the exam.

Note:-While performing your final step i mean during study of dumps/questions if you find any clarification you can ask us but we all will be more happy when you ask us for any topic which you cannot understand yet from books or video trainings etc instead of your dump(pass4sure , testinside etc)questions.

*please correct me if i am wrong from any point of view and if you have better suggestions then share your mind and forgive me for my bad English,Thanks in advance to like my post.

===============================================================
Updated on 20 may 2008

Lots of new queries arrived so i thought to add some more things.......

I am undergraduate or i m(already gradute) now thinking to do masters so should I do CCNA ?]
If you are undergraduate and currently doing your regular degree then give the proper time to your regular studies instead of CCNA because most companies don’t hire non graduates. You can do certification at any time, any month, any year These are just a value added service on your CV.So you better know what is feasible for you because everybody has its own scenario.
Chec these = = >
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117155
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120960
Post in this section I e ”Career Builders ” for such type of quires related to job/education.

I am doing job in LAN environment what should i do to prepare CCNA and how I can make my future secure

Well no worries most of network engineers start their career from LAN and it’s a good thing though because if your basics are strong, you know the basic LAN trouble shooting then you will be more confident, in LAN you will be familiar with Subnets/IPs , Proxy server, mail servers , a gateway router etc. But don’t need to be waste your time in LAN more then 6 to 8 months its enough in my opinion. After that pass CCNA ASAP and look for a job in your local ISP, Cisco Gold/Silver partners and side by side start to study CCXP.
Almost every country has some popular jobs sites so be sure you know these and you check on daily basis.
You can find your regional Cisco partners here = => www.cisco.com then click on ”partner central” then click on ”partner locator” then select your country and hit on ”Go”

What is the difference between CCNA(640-802) and ICND1 and ICND2? Which exam should I do?

Current cisco code for CCNA is 640-802 (but it will change in future), the CCNA 640-802 is the complete CCNA paper(combination of ICND1 & 2) which have currently total cost of 300 US$ but always check ”vue.com” for latest updated fee and if you feel that it is hard to pass for you or whatever the reason, then you can give in a separate fashion I e ICND1 and then ICND2 and when you will pass both exams then you will be awarded as CCNA certificate.

How often the Cisco updates their exam outlines?

Day by day new technologies are coming so whenever cisco feel that exam should be updated then they just subtract few chapters and add some new stuff and change the code so don’t b worry that you are preparing current curriculum and might be cisco suddenly change the exam. Regarding this matter Cisco have a policy that 6 month earlier (before the date of expiry date of an exam) they mentioned the new course outline so always check their official site for up-to-date info regarding this issue.

What are simlets, SIM etc and what is the exam scoring for each question and what are passing marks?

A Simlet is a single question containing few multiple choice questions. In which you have given access of 1 device or and by using specific command you have to answer the task.Sim means simulation, it is the single main lab in the exam, in which you have to perform a specific task assigned to you. Please note that in simlet and simulations only specific commands are allowed directly related to your task, so don’t think that these are real Cisco routers and switches and you can try all the possible commands on it which may help in your given task.
You can check at www.testinside.[websitebanned]/ for latest simulation solutions.

Some questions in the exam have 0 marks and some have double marks. Be careful while doing simulation and simlets because these are the most important part of the CCNA exam, so if you failed in both and do all other questions correct then there is no surety that you can pass the exam btw the passing score is approx 850 out of 1000.

When and how I will receive my certificate?

When you will be passed your exam then you will be awarded a score sheet on which your cisco ID is also mentioned .Be keep in mind that this is your only identity on the world of cisco, in future when if you want to give a ccnp exam then you have to mentioned this while registration otherwise you will be in trouble. Anyhow when you passed CCNA after a day or 2days you will receive a mail for verification of your home address or where you want to receive your certificate via currier services. Cisco will send you a hard copy on that address and if you do not want hard copy then they can send you a printable soft copy. All is depend on you.
check this = => www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82508

Note that Cisco take approx 6 to 8 weeks to send your certificate so dont be worried and be patience.

What is GNS3?

GNS3 is a nice gui interface of dynamips.You only need an IOS of a router and by using GNS3 you can make routers in your pc.These will give you 100% result as real router give and you can perform almost all labs on it. Here are some few helpful links regarding , I will add some more later when I will find.

GNS3:-
www.gns3.net/download
http://www.gns3.cn/h...n-and-gns3-gui/
www.blindhog.net/category/gns3

Dynamips:-
www.dynagen.org/
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73869
www.blindhog.net/cisco-dynagen-dynamips-basic-t1-configuration/
www.classroom.internetworkexpert.com/p27794135/
For vlans = = > www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88008
www.dynagen.org/tutorial.htm

Note:- If you have still problem with dynaimps/GNS3 then the best thing isto firstly consult this separate section for emulators/simulators = => www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showforum=81
And also you can visit their official forum = = > hacki.at/7200emu/index.php
Here you can find lots of preconfigured topologies and helpful stuff like that.

How to search/download CCNA/Cisco stuff from sadikhov/internet?
Disclaimer#2:-
If you can afford the money for buying cbts and other stuff like that then please do it because we should respect the Authors/Vendors , if all the world will try to download stuff free from the net then who will buy it??? And how Authors/Vendors will earn money from their products and will be happy to produce more and more quality stuff?? It is a valid point, I already has been enough spoken (on this issue) in these threads…

www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123843
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125598

Well my friends please don’t need to be confuse and don’t try to start a new debate(on share section)here on this point = => in the above I am saying that buy the stuff but in the below why I will show you that how u can download stuff from net??? I admit the share section sometimes really represent this whole site as a dump site(means a site only for download stuff) but in parallel you can find here many many good technical sections and quality discussions/debates, which I didn’t see yet on the other forums/sites. So every individual has its own way of thought and own choices, I only put many ways of thinking in front of your eyes, and you have to chose which you feel best for you , either buy or download from share section.. everything is upto you….

Be aware that these sections (of sadikhov) are only for technical discussions, no post here allowed regarding sharing/requesting of study stuff, like which is the correct version of dump? Where are the download links of this dump/material? Hey everybody I upload this stuff and here is the download link etc.
Please before posting your first post on sadikhov (or even at any other site) be sure you read all the FAQs and rulz otherwise you will be warn/banned

1.Go in ”Cisco share” section at ”Study Guides Requests and Shares”
= =>www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83
Now check the pinned topic and if you cannot find your desired book/video then use the search button if still not find then post in this specific share section.

2.Easiest way is to search via my signatures i mean put any string like ”Cbtnuggets CC NA 640-802” in the site = = > www.shareminer.com

3. Download via torrent sites (like isohunt,mininova,learnbits,bitme,bitspyder,demonoid etc) by using a torrent client(like utorrent )or download by using peer 2 peer software’s (like emule, ares etc).
For more info check this = >www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64444
Already Dr kernel done a great job on this issue.

4.If you still cannot find then check these posts

http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122843
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108499
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119288

How often the exam questions change?

There is no specific time but every month or 2 month cisco add some new questions in exam and so when the lots of new questions arrive then the dump provider companies released their new version of dump which is 100% accurate with respect to real exam.
But what you will do when tomorrow is your exam and today they change almost all the questions……! This has been happened many times in the past, you can check some old posts here if you do not trust on me.Also by using dump still people failed check these threads

failed in CCNP by using dumps
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102123
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98740
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71126
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69572

failed in CCNA by using dumps
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=134258
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59876
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59908
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59989
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59578
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80317
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83054
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87731
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86045

Its very easy to read just a book and download dump from share section and then give an exam with in few weeks but its much difficult to answer and understand these real questions without doing real study…
You can easily judge how much % of braindumping you hold? Just try to solve these without checking correct answers...........
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82388
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82397
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82635
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83168
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83854
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82202
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82115
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80381
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80226
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75925

Also check these nice knowledge base threads by 1 of my good friend here I e Nightshade.
Router summriaztion = => www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71646
Eigrp Tables = = > www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80700
CIDR and other terms = = > www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80502

[/b] Feedback [/b]

Folks …if I left anything which you feel should be there then feel free to share :) . And please if you wana say just Thank then do PM me because it will helpful to keep this thread clean and yes if you are facing any trouble/confusion in your CCNA studies then feel free to write reply in this thread, indeed this is open and will remain open for specially fresh CCNA candidates, we will try our best to guide you :) .

Faisal.

Edited by faisal.saleem, 01 March 2009 - 05:46 AM.

#2 wheel.reinventer

wheel.reinventer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:03 AM

Well done Faisal.This post will act as a Shining Star for new players in Cisco Certs.

#3 Raaa

Raaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

Hi faisal you have really been a gr8 chap sharing all your views i cmpletely agree with you ...
Your english is perfect . pls don be worried of it so often..
Keep up the good work... :)

Edited by Raaa, 03 April 2007 - 02:04 PM.

#4 Immu

Immu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:31 PM

AsSalam Faisal

I totaly agree with u, i was also confused, now i think i should go for video training, an inshallah now i think i m going to study properly.

#5 vijay70

vijay70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

GOOD!SHOULD BE AN EYE-OPENER TO ALL NEW CCNA CANDIDATES!..THANX AGAIN FAILSAL...

#6 NightShade

NightShade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

heh nice post man

#7 maskman

maskman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:48 PM

Hi Faisal & Nightshade

First I will apologize if this Q was asked b4 though I have tried to search for it but could'nt find the answer & im also preparing for the CCNA exam while putting this Q I don't want to waste more time in searching.

Q. What would be the destination MAC address of a frame containing a packet with a source IP address of 192.168.33.16 and a destination IP address of 192.0.2.24?

As per my understanding the answer for this would be:

1. If the destination IP is in the same network then the destination MAC address can be known through SHOW ARP command

2. If the destination IP belongs to unknown network the Switch will forward the frame to the Router.

My doubt is how can I find the MAC address of the Router interface. When I use SHOW MAC-ADDRESS-TABLE command it will list mac addresses for all the directly connected cisco devices. How will I know which MAC ADDRESS belongs to the Router.

I have tried to check this on a real switch and still could'nt figure out the solution. Plz help me understand this Q.

Do they allow telnet to other connected devices in the exam?

Others are also welcomed to share their views

Thanks in advance.

#8 amol0009in_7

amol0009in_7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Chess,<br />Technical Forums

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

NICE ONE MAN!
:)

#9 S A Qamar

S A Qamar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:54 PM

Hi Faisal ..
I hope you dont write Articles in Newspapers or Magazines , Great post dude. Lets hope people who just rely on dumps will start thinking other wise.
but i cant figure out why CISCO is not doing anything to stop this. may be have a pool of 2000 Questions to select 60 odd , and if someone can braindum 2000 Q than surely he deserve a certification.

At the end of the day it comes to the individual as how to go about it ...
Nice Post Anyway ...

#10 Informatica

Informatica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:09 AM

Ty for this post. It's a great help. I'm finishing to read the books i have and i already know where to go next. :) This post should be pinned.

#11 S A Qamar

S A Qamar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:12 AM

Hi Faisal & Nightshade

First I will apologize if this Q was asked b4 though I have tried to search for it but could'nt find the answer & im also preparing for the CCNA exam while putting this Q I don't want to waste more time in searching.

Q. What would be the destination MAC address of a frame containing a packet with a source IP address of 192.168.33.16 and a destination IP address of 192.0.2.24?

As per my understanding the answer for this would be:

1. If the destination IP is in the same network then the destination MAC address can be known through SHOW ARP command

2. If the destination IP belongs to unknown network the Switch will forward the frame to the Router.

My doubt is how can I find the MAC address of the Router interface. When I use SHOW MAC-ADDRESS-TABLE command it will list mac addresses for all the directly connected cisco devices. How will I know which MAC ADDRESS belongs to the Router.

I have tried to check this on a real switch and still could'nt figure out the solution. Plz help me understand this Q.

Do they allow telnet to other connected devices in the exam?

Others are also welcomed to share their views

Thanks in advance.

One way could be use the show cdp neighbour command to get the port associated with Router . and get the MAC corresponding to that port :)

#12 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:18 AM

Dear Maskman,
Listen it is very easy i know what the mistake you are doing with simlet Lab.Try to build the topology as

Switch--fastether 0/1<------------------Ethernet cable--------------------->fastehter 0/0 of Router

Disconnect all other devices connected with above mentioned switch and router and then restart both.Give the ip == 10.1.1.1/24 on f0/0 interface of router and then do a show int f0/0 command and note down the Mac address of f0/0.

Now move on switch and give the ip = 10.1.1.2/24 to switch.

Now do ping 10.1.1.1 on switch

do show mac-address-table

Your mac address mentioned with f0/1 is matching with mac address of f0/0?

Now do a show cdp neighbor detail and your all confusion should be cleared now.

Note:- In exam while you are performing simlet lab only few commands will be supported.I am giving an example that try to practice with CCNA Flash Cards(already shared in cisco share section) and you will notice that every lab support only specific relevant commands.

*In exam you cannot telnet to any device so you have to play with only 1 switch.

You was confused because you are doing lab on a network connected with many hosts and devices so you are seeing lots of mac addresses on same switch port connected to router now if you do show arp you will not see so many mac addresses.

I suggested you to do more study on ARP, RARP and specially Proxy Arp. If still you have any confusion let me know i will try my best.Thanks.

Faisal.

Edited by faisal.saleem, 04 April 2007 - 02:34 AM.

#13 maskman

maskman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:22 AM

Hi Faisal
Thanx for the reply, I have found the [productbanned] CCNA Labs in Cisco Shares but can you tell me how many CD's are there and totally how many Labs are there coz there are so many posts for [productbanned] and all have different no of Labs. plz give me the link where I can find the all the Labs. Thanx

#14 Reboot

Reboot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:41 PM

Hi Faisal.

Thank you so much for your all help and your advice on this post. I was looking for a guide on how to study and your post clarified all my questions.

Thanks very much again,

Reboot

#15 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:50 AM

Hi maskman,
Sorry for late reply bcz i was too much bzy in my JOB .Ok listen in the early days of [productbanned] they launch there every training with name as Lab1 , Lab2 and i think aprox Lab 24 etc.And each Lab is composed of complete training on specific topic i mean Lab 1 is for Windows active directry and Lab 2 for file servers in win2000 etc there LAB 19 is called complete CCNA training so you dont need all LABs ,you only need LAB 19.I think it is now cleared for every1 bcz on there official site they remove the LAB tags so when you see in cisco share section you find there training stuff with the LAB numberings but on there official site the matter is different.LOL :) . Maskman u keep in touch with me i also sent a PMs to brief it more check your inbox.

Ok i take my above words, every body can PMs me on any confusion regarding any study stuff but not in CCNA section.Thanks.

Faisal.

#16 Pawan_Bhattarai

Pawan_Bhattarai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:Only Networks !!!!!!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:43 AM

Excellet Man Good Eye-Opener...
I Was very confused...but now i'll follow as you said ....actually I was also planning to do somthing like that but never appreciated my views about it anywhere else but you did it.....

Thanks.

#17 K@RIM

K@RIM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:06 PM

thanks my friend ... u are very helpful man

#18 Kreki

Kreki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:28 AM

Thanks
many helpful informations

#19 kherona

kherona

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hello faisal thanks for the information, i wanna note about this, i'm prepairing for my BCMSN exam atm and i graduated with bachelor degree from Jordan (u know it :D)

well the point is: 1st i couldnt find a job so far (1 year after graduation) and 2nd i cant afford money for decent institution and didnt have my chance working on real switches/routers so far, so i've decided to get more papers (certs) at least to get a job, then i can take the CCIE and prove am IT pro.
even though i didn't rely mainly on dumps but as you know, i most lickly to face some complicated simlulation question and my experience wont help much, i thought of using dynamips for this exam but it lacks alot when we talk about switching topics.

i hope you understand my point anyway i got your view and i agree 100% with it good luck :)

#20 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

Hello faisal thanks for the information, i wanna note about this, i'm prepairing for my BCMSN exam atm and i graduated with bachelor degree from Jordan (u know it :D)

well the point is: 1st i couldnt find a job so far (1 year after graduation) and 2nd i cant afford money for decent institution and didnt have my chance working on real switches/routers so far, so i've decided to get more papers (certs) at least to get a job, then i can take the CCIE and prove am IT pro.
even though i didn't rely mainly on dumps but as you know, i most lickly to face some complicated simlulation question and my experience wont help much, i thought of using dynamips for this exam but it lacks alot when we talk about switching topics.

i hope you understand my point anyway i got your view and i agree 100% with it good luck :)

kherona well i can understand your current senerio.Sorry to hear that you still didn’t get any good job, don’t be much worry u are not alone because you can check in the section " Career Builders" that after "education completion" mostly people face this situation. I hop you already did that but just a little check list again.....
1. Use your all resources i mean any friend, any relative etc for getting a job in IP network/ telecom
2. Make a habit to check daily news papers.Everycountry has few well-known websites for only job so also check all these on daily basis.
3. Start your career at least from very basic level i mean if you get any opportunity to work without pay then you should avail it. At least apply for internship in any ISP, if you fully understood CCNA concepts then there is more chances for internship. I had started my career in a very low level ISP where my work was to deploy cable internets in the streets and my pay was 50$ per month at that time. Also check this pinned topic ==> www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109623 he did web designing in parallel with CCIE study to solve his money problem and prove that ===> "when there is a will there is a way". So i am forcing you for a job because theory is ok but practical experience is must for making a solid professional mind.
4. I agreed to you at least do CCNP first and noworries we know that at the end day all we use braindump LOL :) including my self , i am sure you will get a good job after CCNP inshaAllah.

-------------------------------------

Now for your switching topics problem if possible search a study partner in your area who might have some cisco hardware. Also i saw some sites offer for a limited time free labs on real routers/switches. I will let u know about these. Moreover i sent you a PM regarding this matter. Best of luck :P .
Faisal.

#21 kherona

kherona

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:41 AM

thanks faisal for the information it help to motivate me as well :)

atm am trying to focus 100% on my CCNP after getting it then i'll look for a job even if i work on workgroup network LOL.
but people love to see much papers before they give a chance for interview and i'll do it the way people love :D

thanks faisal hope you advance more in your career because you deserve it.

good luck to you and all others who's working hard

#22 pals4nitin

pals4nitin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:39 AM

Hi,

A very good post. I totally agree with what you have said. The so called "Dumps" help only in passing the exam but the real challenge starts once you are on job and have various scenarios to work on. Thats where your true knowledge is tested. Getting a good grasp of concepts and building a rock solid foundation does really help in the long run. But then how many people do think in the long term?

I really appreciate your effort in posting this.

Keep up the good work. :)

#23 TubigSuwah

TubigSuwah

No One

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

Good Advice faisal.saleem.

#24 Chenchu

Chenchu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:29 PM

how did you get the Cisco Networking Academy Program work ? i can't navigate thru the main menu.. the flash just doesnt work.

#25 mh_omair

mh_omair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

Should be seleted as best post of the month...really cool

#26 Andy_Capp

Andy_Capp

V.I.P. Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts
  • Interests:Moderator, Tech Support forum

Photography

Travel

Music from Classical to Classics & Rock depending upon my mood

Computing, Several PC's & Laptops.
    OS's: Win7 64bit, XP SP3, Win2K SP4, Win Me, Media Centre,
    Linux: Slax, Ubuntu, DSL amongst others

Electronics Equipment Repair (Career & Hobby)

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:56 AM

Chenchu should now have a functioning Academy program anyone else want info about how to do it go here hxxp://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118549&view=findpost&p=640372

Edited by Andy_Capp, 26 April 2008 - 08:05 AM.

#27 Talal Javaid

Talal Javaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:52 AM

Hi, I am talal javaid From Pakistan. This is the first time i am in this site.. first thing i read in this site is ur post.. i really really impressed.. it was soo help full. actually i was just searching for the help of CCNA cause just few days before i decided that CCNA is the certification i need to do for get better knowledge in networking. right now. i don't know much about networking. just can handle Lan networking..like simple dns server and sharing data and internet. and just that is my boundries for networking. your post really helped me. and it looks like if i stick to this site it will help me for my ccna study.
CBT Nuggets 640-801. is those videos are ok to start with.
one more thing. its difficult for me to afford some good institute for the prepairation for the CCNA. can i do prepair for it without joining any institute. well if i do arrange some thing that i could afford the fees of good institute. i will never take there admition until i will be prepair by my self above 50% of the couse. so that atleast i must able to ask them question.
i hope u or any one reply me. just to know that i am not the only one on this site.
Bye bye
Take care

Edited by Darby Weaver, 07 April 2009 - 01:04 AM.

#28 adnanz

adnanz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:cricket,football,IT Security,Forensics

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:04 AM

Welcome to the forum.
yeh cbt nugget is good to start with and then decide if u need any help from institute.
use the search button and type CCNA, you will find plenty of stuff, download icnd books and go along with cbt nuggets and thats enuf to start.

if u got any problem with any topic post it in the forum and we ll try to help.

hope it will helps :)

G00d Luk.

#29 Andy_Capp

Andy_Capp

V.I.P. Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts
  • Interests:Moderator, Tech Support forum

Photography

Travel

Music from Classical to Classics & Rock depending upon my mood

Computing, Several PC's & Laptops.
    OS's: Win7 64bit, XP SP3, Win2K SP4, Win Me, Media Centre,
    Linux: Slax, Ubuntu, DSL amongst others

Electronics Equipment Repair (Career & Hobby)

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:57 AM

Hi, I am talal javaid From Pakistan. This is the first time i am in this site.. first thing i read in this site is ur post.. i really really impressed.. it was soo help full. actually i was just searching for the help of CCNA cause just few days before i decided that CCNA is the certification i need to do for get better knowledge in networking. right now. i don't know much about networking. just can handle Lan networking..like simple dns server and sharing data and internet. and just that is my boundries for networking. your post really helped me. and it looks like if i stick to this site it will help me for my ccna study.
one more thing. its difficult for me to afford some good institute for the prepairation for the CCNA. can i do prepair for it without joining any institute. well if i do arrange some thing that i could afford the fees of good institute. i will never take there admition until i will be prepair by my self above 50% of the couse. so that atleast i must able to ask them question.
i hope u or any one reply me. just to know that i am not the only one on this site.
Bye bye
Take care

I was sent to do ICND1 & ICND2 by my employer .. but before I attended ICND1 I read most of the first two semesters of Cisco Career Academy course, taking about two months to read, understand & do the tests that are at the end of each chapter. This was really good because although I was familiar with a lot of networking stuff . I had NEVER been in contact with Cisco equipment .. preparing myself before attending meant that I had the chance to pinpoint weaknesses and misunderstandings. My only complaint after doing the week long seminar was that I was totally in the dark about the labs having shared a PC with another who just whizzed through. The Academy course has lots of labs but it wasn't the same as when on the course .. and I left confused

Likewise I spent another couple of months reading the final two Semesters, and finishing with a couple of weeks before ICND2 I then sat down to practice doing Labs with BOSON. I hear though that BOSON is not well thought of by this community. Sometimes it requires a "kick" to make it function properly.
However by the time I had started the BOSON labs , read up and prepared for the ICND2 course I sailed through ICND2 with few problems even to the point of feeling comfortable with the labs that had confused me earlier.

Attending a course is a good thing .. I wouldn't advise the 1 week courses that I attended unless you are really good at Cisco stuff .. it's like a crash course, doing 6 months work in a week without any homework or time to study in between lessons .. In the UK they have courses that run over a couple of hours a day or week and prepare you over a year .. probably far better for the casual student .. Unfortunately I wasn't given that choice ..

Having studied the academy course, attended ICND1 & ICND2, I am now in the process of trying understand all the course material .. using all resources at hand to give me a good knowledge base so that I can handle the 640-802 exam.

practice with sub-netting I have done at an online website .. spent a couple of weeks practicing several hours a night until I felt that I could handle the majority of situations that might arise

Don't rely upon the brain-dumps .. any time now the exams could change and if you don't know what you are talking about, you'll surely fail ..
Apart from failing the other thing that could happen is that you pass but find yourself hired to work where they want you to work on your own .. which means that if you don't know what you're talking about .. you'll soon end up in disgrace .. maybe without a job too!

#30 Talal Javaid

Talal Javaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:54 AM

Bye bye
Take care

I was sent to do ICND1 & ICND2 by my employer .. but before I attended ICND1 I read most of the first two semesters of Cisco Career Academy course, taking about two months to read, understand & do the tests that are at the end of each chapter. This was really good because although I was familiar with a lot of networking stuff . I had NEVER been in contact with Cisco equipment .. preparing myself before attending meant that I had the chance to pinpoint weaknesses and misunderstandings. My only complaint after doing the week long seminar was that I was totally in the dark about the labs having shared a PC with another who just whizzed through. The Academy course has lots of labs but it wasn't the same as when on the course .. and I left confused

Likewise I spent another couple of months reading the final two Semesters, and finishing with a couple of weeks before ICND2 I then sat down to practice doing Labs with BOSON. I hear though that BOSON is not well thought of by this community. Sometimes it requires a "kick" to make it function properly.
However by the time I had started the BOSON labs , read up and prepared for the ICND2 course I sailed through ICND2 with few problems even to the point of feeling comfortable with the labs that had confused me earlier.

Attending a course is a good thing .. I wouldn't advise the 1 week courses that I attended unless you are really good at Cisco stuff .. it's like a crash course, doing 6 months work in a week without any homework or time to study in between lessons .. In the UK they have courses that run over a couple of hours a day or week and prepare you over a year .. probably far better for the casual student .. Unfortunately I wasn't given that choice ..

Having studied the academy course, attended ICND1 & ICND2, I am now in the process of trying understand all the course material .. using all resources at hand to give me a good knowledge base so that I can handle the 640-802 exam.

practice with sub-netting I have done at an online website .. spent a couple of weeks practicing several hours a night until I felt that I could handle the majority of situations that might arise

Don't rely upon the brain-dumps .. any time now the exams could change and if you don't know what you are talking about, you'll surely fail ..
Apart from failing the other thing that could happen is that you pass but find yourself hired to work where they want you to work on your own .. which means that if you don't know what you're talking about .. you'll soon end up in disgrace .. maybe without a job too!

Thankx for ur early reply.. n thanx for the advise.. now i have a slight idea that it is not as easy as i thaught... i will have to give it time to prepair..
thanx you. see yaa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users