• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#31 Talal Javaid

Talal Javaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

IT is an imazing topic.. cleared so much... i was lost from last months that how to start ccna studies.. cause i m not v. much experienced network person and also can't afford CCNA institute. so from last 2 week surching on net and reading OSI model but feels like i am doing it wrong...but now its look like i am on the right path....
just read few topic right now.. didn't explore all site...
in you topic, You wrote
"Here is the list of recommended & all major video trainings provider companies.

1.[Train'signal] <==== Recommended
2.Cisco press (CCNA video mentor)<===== Recommended
3.Cbtnuggets <==== Recommended
4.knowledgenet
5.Testout
5.[learnskey]
6.Careeracademy
7.Globalknowledge
"

can i know where can i find these lessons... and are they from the begginning..
i am a biggenner on network..
doing a job of netowrk admin in a small company... total clinent 30. simple lan networking... don't know more then that...
Is its ok for me to starts for the topic you wrote.. like 1st, [productbanned], then Cisco press, then cbtnuggets.. or there well be some other path for me..

thanks you soo much....

Edited by gordonccie, 05 September 2008 - 12:06 AM.

#32 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:IT/Telcom

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

doing a job of netowrk admin in a small company... total clinent 30. simple lan networking... don't know more then that...
Is its ok for me to starts for the topic you wrote.. like 1st, [productbanned], then Cisco press, then cbtnuggets.. or there well be some other path for me..

thanks you soo much....

Now check again my post from half because i just updated it and your most of quries should be solved.
Yes the video trainings are for fresh guys.You have to start from train'signal and when you will finished it properly then you will know much more stuff then your current level.Make your own notes and then read the books specially cisco press.Afterthat start practicing on simulator(GNS3) and feel free to ask anything which you still cannot understand.Best of luck.

Faisal.

#33 Talal Javaid

Talal Javaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

thanks you soo much....

Now check again my post from half because i just updated it and your most of quries should be solved.
Yes the video trainings are for fresh guys.You have to start from train'signal and when you will finished it properly then you will know much more stuff then your current level.Make your own notes and then read the books specially cisco press.Afterthat start practicing on simulator(GNS3) and feel free to ask anything which you still cannot understand.Best of luck.

Faisal.

thank so much Mr.Fasal ... i really thankfull for you.. may good bless you. i will check if need help i will ask.

#34 yasserelwany

yasserelwany

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hi
I prepare to join Cisco world i ask about the difference between Cisco Academy and industrial and which path i select ???

#35 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

Hi
I prepare to join Cisco world i ask about the difference between Cisco Academy and industrial and which path i select ???

You mean the difference between Cisco Regional Academy and normal institute?sorry couldnt pickup you.May be some1 can explain this.

#36 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

I can not afford the CCNA course so please give me CBT Nuggets?????????????

Are you sure you read+understood this above section completely? ==>How to search/download CCNA/Cisco stuff from sadikhov/internet?
However its better to PM me for such kind of probs.I am already receiving and didnt mind it.
Anyway i just edit this section again and clearly point out the relevant posts.Thanks.

http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122843
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108499
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119288

#37 kucing pasar

kucing pasar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:40 AM

i'd like to say thank you , i found this site recommended by my friend, i also start learning to sadhikov members,

for first time i'll preparing my CCNA test. thanks sadhikov. i've download CiBiTi & S4P, i'll be back in july, soon

K.P

Indonesia

#38 Turab

Turab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

TOMORROW I HAVE MY CCNA EXAM. I HAVE PREPARED LAB/SIMILATIONS:
1) TOPOLOGY AND 2) NAT

do i need to prepare ACL and VTP lab as well for this 640-802 exam? please help me out

#39 vel

vel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

TOMORROW I HAVE MY CCNA EXAM. I HAVE PREPARED LAB/SIMILATIONS:
1) TOPOLOGY AND 2) NAT

do i need to prepare ACL and VTP lab as well for this 640-802 exam? please help me out

Yes, ACL & VTP very important part of CCNA syllabus

#40 jadoorocks

jadoorocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

Thank you so much!!! This is Really Helpful !! :rolleyes:

#41 Ford Mustang

Ford Mustang

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Interests:Cisco, Networking, Computers, Cars, Musics, Football....

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:38 PM

Great info for the beginners....
Thanks..
Ciao

#42 Arun Tyagi84

Arun Tyagi84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

Well done Faisal.This post will act as a Shining Star for new players in Cisco Certs.

Hey can you assit me how can i use the gns3 in a better way

Tahanks &regards!
Arun Tyagi

#43 lafunter

lafunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:networks

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

I am amazed with ur step by step guidance. This duide is not for ccna prepration but for all certification. I got very helpful information trough ur topic. Thankyou for ur excellent anticipation.

#44 1412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

hmmm...
i'm new on this ccna stuff...then i little bit confusing about CCNa material (it just kind a lot of it)

well, i wanna ask what is exactly ccna discovery and exploration ? is it official curriculum from cisco (i just know it like that) ??
what kind of this discovery thing? is it some flash-based course ? is it exam ? or what ??
because i have that material ccna semester 1 & 2 v2 (is it similar like discovery ??) and also stuff called e-lab student guide (all ini iso format and flash-based)
maybe its related to cnap, right ??

anyone can help me to understand this (especially for TS)... :unsure:

thx before...

#45 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:24 AM

Hey can you assit me how can i use the gns3 in a better way

Tahanks &regards!
Arun Tyagi

Well if you are facing some trouble to start GNS3 then put your problem in the section ==> "Virtualization, Simulation, Emulation " i hope your problem will be soloved shortley :) .

If you are able to run it properly and wana be master then try to make different topologies which you see in books/videos and emulate different IOS with different slots/modules, Only more and more practice is needed to explore this.
============================================================================

well, i wanna ask what is exactly ccna discovery and exploration ? is it official curriculum from cisco (i just know it like that) ??

Yup these are flash based latest official release of CNAP ,though I downloaded few months ago but didn’t check yet.I am sure it is good official CCNA stuff.For more details give a look to pdfs(FAQs & Datasheet) + free demos . Hope everything will be clear to you after railroading them.If still any doubt then let me know ;) .Thanks.
http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/course_catalog/CCNAdiscovery.html
http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/course_catalog/CCNAexploration.html

#46 Khun Lazer

Khun Lazer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

Clearly understand which way should I choose and go on. Thank you so much ... :)
Will try the best with Books and Vedio Training as no funds for class in hand.

Very useful topic and acknowledgement. Thanks again ... :)

#47 facepeer

facepeer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

This is a good post in this forum.

#48 kr34

kr34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:12 AM

Jazzak Allah khair

#49 Muddassar

Muddassar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

Hello Brother Faisal ..

I have read your extreamly helpful thread ... now i want to prepare for CCNA exam on self-study bases following the guidelines provided in your thread ... you did mention that all the video and study material which you mentioned in your post is available on this forum , but i have checked downloads section n have found nothing ...... could u plz guide me how and where can i get the study material which u think is best for prepartion ..... I will be grateful to you

Regards ,

#50 forthat

forthat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:26 AM

thanks man that was good here about the stuff here

i am preparing for the ccna here there are lot of people who take care of others.....

Edited by forthat, 21 July 2008 - 05:30 AM.

#51 netbs

netbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:34 AM

Dear Faisal,

Thank you very much for the information and the experience of your own which you have shared for new cisco begineer like us.

It will help us to decide and take appropriate step for studies of CCNA.

Thanks once again...Have a nice Time :D

Rgds,
NetBS

#52 shoaib CCNA

shoaib CCNA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Dear i want to ask one thing.

I have recently jioned this site.
i want to prepratoin of CCNP , i have already done CCNA.
which way i can get ccnp books in pdf format.
please tell me site for free download.

regards,

shoaib ahmad
sargodha
pakistan

#53 Malik Zakir

Malik Zakir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

Thanks Faisal such nice info.... to make good carrier in networking...

#54 Sajjad Naveed

Sajjad Naveed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

Dear Faisal,

You have done a superb job by writing this article. It has been wonderful throughout.

I know Faisal personally and he is such a nice guy, always ready to help and provide links and references for further details of topics. He is the one who invited me here in this forum too..

Always praying for you my brother. Goodluck.

#55 great gentle man

great gentle man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

Thanks Faisal for such detail.

iwould like to know is there a really some big difference in newer version of CCNA and then the one 2 years ago i took training for CCNA from a CCIE written passed professional.

Now I want to persue the cisco certification track, and i know by using cbts for mcse track that most of teachers here skip the details in their lectures and mostly it is a waste of time and money. :angry:

any how i had downloaded the cbt nuggets couple of year ago willthey be still valid?

i really liked Test 0ut cbts, they had simulations just like in M$ exams, arethey like that in CCNA too.

getting traning passing the exam is one thing, how o get about gaining experience for cisco devices? as even in my company there is only one cisco 500 series switch, and its just a basic model.

Please Confirm that fees of ccna is 250$ in karachi? and increase of 60 percent, it is outrageous
:wacko:

#56 enhu

enhu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

i'm self studying CCNA with sadikhov.com and with training videos from some sites. I also experiment topologies with packet tracer 4.11.
I'm confident that i knew those theories with the help of packt tracer.
do i need to have a formal study before taking exam or Is there anything else I should paas before taking the exam like pre-requisites before the exam?

do i have to pass comTIA + or anything else?

#57 Tech1

Tech1

V.I.P. Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Good morning gentlemen…

Mark.. thanks for your mature & professional comment.
Lets end the differenace of opinion and learn how to respect each other.

Tech1

#58 great gentle man

great gentle man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

iwould like to know is there a really some big difference in newer version of CCNA
..most of teachers here skip the details in their lectures and mostly it is a waste of time and money. :angry:

Hi, you mentioned you are from Karachi and I m sure you didn’t study from CTTC which i have been recommended some time ago here = => www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120285
If you have old videos and stuff then it can helpful for the topic which are still same but surely you can not cover the new topic like Wireless, IPv6 etc in the old stuff.

getting traning passing the exam is one thing, how o get about gaining experience for cisco devices? as even in my company there is only one cisco 500 series switch, and its just a basic model.
Please Confirm that fees of ccna is 250$ in karachi? and increase of 60 percent, it is outrageous

For gaining experience on cisco devices you have to join institute ,or buy if you can afford the hardware or change your currenet company, otherwise It is very difficult.
The CCNA fee is standard(in US $) in the whole world, you can check the current fee on official VUE site.If you are paying to the testing center directly then may be they will 2% or 3% extra charge you because they have to send (by using westren union or some other money transfer methods) your fee to the VUE headoffice located in the other country

Hope this help

Dear faisal cttc was the leader in networks tranings 3 to 5 years ago, but sorry to say they have no good teachers nor give enough time in labs.
i have been there and wasted time and money, all the good teachers and tech assistants have gone abroad. :(

#59 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

Dear faisal cttc was the leader in networks tranings 3 to 5 years ago, but sorry to say they have no good teachers nor give enough time in labs.
i have been there and wasted time and money, all the good teachers and tech assistants have gone abroad. :(

Hi, sorry to hear that CTTC original team has been disappear and Thanks for your correction :) , i was heard alot about them but yes it was 2 or 3 years ago. When i was getting same problem i mean choosing a best institute, anyway do another little tweak, post your query in the "International" thread where i started a post tag= Anybody from pakistan
hope some khi guy will help u on this issue.

Rgds..

#60 bluesmap

bluesmap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

thanks for this thread. much appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users