• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#61 great gentle man

great gentle man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

any way I suddenly recieved a Cisco 2060 switch from H.O, just from nowhere, i can use it for ccna prep , B)

and do you think i will be able to take ccna exam with 45 days prep using testout, cbt nuggets simulators descarding the dumps. (with Ramzan next month).

will it be tough, moderate or a piece of cake.

Thanks.

Edited by great gentle man, 21 August 2008 - 05:17 PM.

#62 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:IT/Telcom

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

and do you think i will be able to take ccna exam with 45 days prep using testout, cbt nuggets simulators descarding the dumps. (with Ramzan next month).
will it be tough, moderate or a piece of cake.

45 days are not enough :) , read the other stories in above Disclaimer#1 , moreover be carefull you can see in these days cisco seems to be v series regarding exam dumping......

#63 Lord Flasheart

Lord Flasheart

All Rise For The Lord

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2848 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:37 AM

Let me start by taking my mod hat off here and being "normal" Flasheart hence what I write here is my opinion and not that of the Sadikhov team.

The problem that more long-in-the-tooth IP techies have is the way that braindumps are used. In my opinion they are excellent as a gauge for exam readiness but nothing else. They are certainly not a learning tool and should be seen thus. This so called "crusade" will never get off the ground. We can encourage our fellow members to take the recommended path but there will always be some that don't listen. There may be legitimate reasons for them doing so (e.g they are already experienced and need the cert to keep their job) or they think that they can simply take a shortcut to a decent networking job. It's just a fact of life that not everybody will follow the same path.

Personally, the only galling thing that is caused by the braindumps is the plethora of members posting questions from said dumps without any motivation, and also the requests in the no requests section, lol. It's a two-way street. You want help but in my opinion we shouldn't give it without motivation from the OP. This has had excellent success in the CCIE section but then seldom few go that far and when they decide to do so they have, in the vast majority, the upmost professionalism and desire to crack it themselves.

The bottom line (there is no pun intended) is that a CCNA is the arse-end (see, honestly there was no pun intended) of the Cisco qualifications and we all have to start there, unless of course you go straight for the CCIE. With the arse-end comes arseholes; it's a fact of life. It's how you deal with the arseholes that is the key. The higher up in the certification chain (i.e. the more you push yourself) you go the less arseholes you get as most have been weedled out.

My advice is to focus on your own goals and try to be the best you can. Forget the rest. You are in control of your own destiny. Remember the phrase "He who laughs last laughs best/loudest/longest" (delete as you wish).

Putting my mod hat back on and in accordance with Tech1 may I suggest that we respect each other's stances and try to be a little more discreet about our feelings. Certainly references to the "Gestapo" are a little over-the-top don't you think, lol?

Kind regards

Edited by Lord Flasheart, 16 September 2008 - 09:25 PM.

#64 Be Quick Or Be Dead!

Be Quick Or Be Dead!

Retired and Rusted

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1530 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

Lord I love this part :D Where did you get the philosophy from? :P Certainly you are the new Aristotle :D :D Cheers.....

The bottom line (there is no pun intended) is that a CCNA is the arse-end (see, honestly there was no pun intended) of the Cisco qualifications and we all have to start there, unless of course you go straight for the CCIE. With the arse-end comes arseholes; it's a fact of life. It's how you deal with the arseholes that is the key. The higher up in the certification chain (i.e. the more you push yourself) you go the less arseholes you get as most have been weedled out.

Edited by Be Quick Or Be Dead!, 29 August 2008 - 09:07 AM.

#65 indiboy

indiboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

Thank you for your precious advice.

#66 edu

edu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

Well, i will like to say a big thank you to Faisal for this wonderful thread. i wish i had seen this post before taking my exam last year, it would av added a lot more extra to me. Well i know i joined this forum in 2006 when i wanted to start ma cisco certification path, but along the line i was lost,because i just didn't want to be a braindumper, but to undertsand the concept and then write the exam. which was why it took me so long to get the cert in 2007. Although i did get a liitle bit of hands on trainning using a live router, the experience was worth it. People should not think that Faisal is against the use of dumps, but what i gathered is that we should not depend solely on them, but should rather come as a last mile of our preparation process, like Lord Flasheart rightly stated and a whole lot of others who have equally contributed. This is really a great site for all who want to improve their knowledge and experience in the IT world. Thank you all guys for all your effort in makin this a wonderful place to be.

#67 tejask

tejask

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

faisal it was a fantastic information you have provided. Though I have completed my CCNP 3 papers and not 100% but at least 90% I have followed same method as mentioned by you as of today. You have boosted my confidence. Thanks for Posting such a great full thread. keep posting such a informative thread :).

#68 Jitesh_kapade

Jitesh_kapade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

Hi!
My self Jitesh, I am working as a desktop engineer with six months experience and pursuing CCNA. I wanted to increase my salary.
Can you tell me if I successfully completed CCNA then how much salary will I get and which paper should I appear 640-821 or 640-801 or would u like me to do something else?
Please reply...............

#69 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

@edu and others , thanks for your kind words.
========================================================================

Hi!
My self Jitesh, I am working as a desktop engineer with six months experience and pursuing CCNA. I wanted to increase my salary.
Can you tell me if I successfully completed CCNA then how much salary will I get and which paper should I appear 640-821 or 640-801 or would u like me to do something else?
Please reply...............

Hi Jitesh both exams(640-821 and 640-801) you mentioned have been retired on November 6, 2007. You can re read my post where i mentioned this paragraph ==> What is the difference between CCNA(640-802) and ICND1 and ICND2? Which exam should I do?

or check this official link ==> www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html
you will find all the relevant info related to updated exams.

Regarding your salary query i am sorry because I do not know exactly about your employer's HR policy for rehashing employees payroll if they get extra certs, so i can not exactly tell you about the salary package increment.
But i wana give you a little advice that in these days almost all network LAN/WAN or other IT engineers mention CCNA on their resumes but the companies do not look for the CCNA's or bundle of certs because they all know that any written exam can be dump easily so please do not try to certify yourself until you do not cover all the CCNA topics. When you will be done CCNA perfectly then go for CCNP and side by side look for better job incase your current company do not increase your salary, Surely the investment on Cisco Certifications is not waste if you know well about the cisco equipment/commands, sooner or later it will pay back to you with a good multiplier.

HTH.

#70 joe_philip

joe_philip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

Hi faisal,
i took my ccna cert. recently. i believe i have a good understanding of its topics. I am B-tech grad in CS. From u r writings in the post i believe u r a person with ample exp. in the networking field. I am confused abt the kind of job openings for ccna freshers and most of my friends say i should do some cert. in the lan side like a mcse, or rhce. But i want to stick on to the wan side networking. I know about many system admin kind of jobs but haven't heard any thing regarding the wan side jobs. if u could advice me regarding the same it would be a great help.

thanks in advance

#71 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

I am confused abt the kind of job openings for ccna freshers and most of my friends say i should do some cert. in the lan side like a mcse, or rhce. But i want to stick on to the wan side networking. I know about many system admin kind of jobs but haven't heard any thing regarding the wan side jobs. if u could advice me regarding the same it would be a great help.

Hi joe, i admit that doing a certification is much easier then getting an appropriate job. OK i
explain what you asked..

Mostly there are two kinds of jobs in networks,

1.System Engineers, where Microsoft/Red hat/Sun/HP etc certified persons would be consider preferable.
These purely deals with the servers based on specifically these^^ vendors OS and hardware’s ….

2.Network Engineers, where Cisco/juniper/3com etc certified persons would be consider preferable, Now if you have been done CCNA and you want to stick with WAN side then you can go further on your track with out touching any system stuff and it would be a plus point if you know basic concepts of system stuff but the deep knowledge and big system side certs like RHCE etc are not mandatory for a Network Engineer.

Reality is that if you prove yourself a guru in any single field let say in Voip@cisco then who will care that you should also be a RHCE? or if an employer wants a sun certified guy who can handle his SUN based equipments/OS then who will care that you should also be CCNA or CCNP?

I must say that still you will find many persons having both types of certs/experiences so they can be easily fit in any environment even you will find vacancies where employer demand a person having both skills(system+network)
but that kind of job openings are low. Mostly employer wants a separate perfect employee for their specific infrastructure.

Now come to your 2nd point ie job openings for CCNA freshers, well most of the CCNA candidates when complete their cert then they want to do job in live networks where they can implement everything which they have been learned in their CCNA curriculum, this is a good sign but not 100% applicable in real world because few of them get jobs in pure WAN sides but hey if you are 1 of them who still did not get a job then don’t be much worried, just keep searching on different places. Also note that if you find some people on a well reputed WAN seat then its not mean that they got directly that position, there are rare cases in which a person directly get a good WAN job and surely rest of all start from zero and step by step try to change the companies by looking better and better so finally they get a good job. The hot places of WAN side jobs are ISP's, vendor's partners and solution provider companies

I think I should explain the Internet hierarchy in a very simple words so that you can better understand the WAN jobs on ISP sides.

Big National ISPs:-
These are the ISPs who purchase the bandwidth from international backbone providers so these ISPs are the main gateways for a country, these connects your country to other countries.. So if you are sitting on these gateways then there can be enough learning/experience regarding famous technologies like MPLS, QOS, routhing protocols specially BGP, OSPF etc…Here I use the term gateway because it is the last hop of any country and the main restrictions for a whole region always put on this hop. You can take the trace of any international URL and check the last 2 or 3 hops of your country that is what I am talking about.

Mid level ISPs:-
These can be DSL, cablenet, Wimax, or VSAT providers etc who purchase the bandwidth from any “Big National ISP” describe above. Their customers can be home users, other small ISPs or other companies (which can have different offices in other cities) like NGO’s, Advertising Agencies and News papers or other type of big companies. Even their customers can be other cellular companies to fulfill the internet requirements of the GPRS users. And also their customers can be banks which have different branches in whole country who wants L2/L3 VPNs etc…
But you should always give priority a job in the head office rather then in branch offices, let say you get a job as a network engineer in a bank and you are working in their head branch then what will be your responsibilities? You have to look after all their hundreds of branches through out the whole country including remote access troubleshooting with routers/switches or any other security hardware’s like VPN/pix etc. Or if you get a job in the IP Network department of a cellular company and you are handling a WAP gateway etc then it is not a bad job I guess.

So it depends on your basic qualifications, your interest, your skill, your way of searching the jobs, your way of representing yourself in the interviews that how much you can better convince.

Personally I have been discovered a key of success regarding jobs ie do enough hard work and make your self so much strong and secure from study, qualifications and experience point of view so that 1 day you will reach on a stage where you will not found yourself running behind the jobs but companies will/should be running behind you to offering you for the jobs….
May be it sounds something mad to some people but I have been seen some network experts who always have many good options in advance @ their tables.

Best of luck.

Faisal.

#72 RaghavMe

RaghavMe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:08 AM

I took a 2 week holiday during my CCNA prep.. :( now i feel very unsure of my current status. I have to write on 30th :(

Never ever ever take a leisurely break when you have a job to do.

#73 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:15 AM

I took a 2 week holiday during my CCNA prep.. :( now i feel very unsure of my current status. I have to write on 30th :(
Never ever ever take a leisurely break when you have a job to do.

You can reschedule you exam easily :)...

In my opinion these are 2 options for scheduling exam.

1.When you done 100% preparation then you should schedule the exam. So then you only need of few days revision which can easily make your exam..

2.On the other side some people can not prepare well until they select their exam date. Actually it is the fear of exam which push up the candidate for studying and this is also a good option for lazy persons i mean if you are trying to be certifying but you are not giving proper time on your studies then just schedule the exam and see what happen to you .I hope you'll automatically start your proper study :) .Btw i used both and found option#1 better/safest ,but i think its depend on the nature of every single what he feel feasible for him...

Faisal.

#74 RaghavMe

RaghavMe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:56 PM

@faisal

Thanks!

How many times can we reschedule our exam date?

Its been 30 days since I got the default date. I have rescheduled it 3 times already (due to a lot of other commitments). I got enrolled for exam through a voucher which my institute gave me. I heard someone saying you have to give the exam within 40days of the default date that has been given to you.

CCNA Diary, It's great. I appreciate it. I am Vimod nd 'am new to Sadikhov, I mean, just registered. I am doing my BCA (Distant Mode), just finished my first semister, and working for a Transcription Company as a Medical Transcriptionist. Now, let me ask u, opting a CCNA certification is a good idea, since 'am doing my BCA. Hope u would help me out.

Depends on what your interests are? Go ahead,If you dream of watching flickering LEDs in the server closet (thats what I like :P)...

It all depends on your future goals and career interests...

Since you are in 1st SEM, I am afraid.. many companies would not hire School passed person who doesn't have Graduation Degree, unless, you are one of those geniuses with multiple certs and freelancing for reputable clientele.

I would suggest you to get a IT centric job while you complete BCA... as you approach your final SEM... prepare for a cert in domain/area of your interest. By the time you clear your BCA, you will be having a cert and a grad degree along with some experience. by the way, I don't think exp. gained at your current job (medical transcription) will hold any value to the IT world.

#75 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:48 AM

@RaghavMe, back in prometric days i think it was not restricted like only 3 or 4 times but now only cisco exams are only VUE dependent so dont know about their policies regarding rescheduling limitations or default date deadline etc.
Ist of all in my opinion you should fulfill your rest of commitments once for all, after that when your mind will be 100% free and will be able to properly concentrate on your CCNA studies then think about to go for exam...

===============

@Vimod , i agree what Raghav suggested to you. You should change your job on 1st priority.. I am not sure about the curriculum of all semesters in computer application field but 1 thing i wana share with you which may help to better understand to you that what should you do right now? Few months ago one of my relative asked me that what should he do in these vocations(at the end of his 2nd semester in telecom)? infact she was accidentally migrated from medical to communications so you can say she was noob and i am already afraid of those persons who pass in bacholor(communications/computer sciences/electronics/electrical etc) with good marks but do not how to install printer? or device driver or how to configure IP address? etc... So i quickly gave her a frame work(mentioned below) for whole next 3 years and There is 1.5 month of free time at the end of each semester so i said her to spend this free time by reading these stuff......
Vimod,, i know this case is not apply on you but just for giving you an idea that what should/can you do side by side with your computer applications studies which may help in your upcoming semesters as well as in your future professional career..I hope you will understand the reasons why i suggested her CWNA in the 7th semester.....

Faisal.

-------------------------

3rd Semester:-

a].Basics of hardware and software’s.
Computers parts and troubleshooting, Computer types (PC, Server, Laptop), OS & Application Softwares installation and troubleshooting.

b].Basics of Internet
Searching techniques, IP addressing, Internet Architecture, Types of Internet, ISPs .

c].Fundamentals of Telecom 1 = = => (DVD)
The PSTN, Telephony, Telecom Equipment, The Telecom Industry

Note:- You can not learn and understand advance telecom/network devices and technologies until your basic computer concepts will not clear and moreover these will be helpful in your whole profession/personal life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
4th Semester:-

a].Fundamentals of Telcom 2 = = => (DVD)
Voice Digitization, DS0-DS3, Digital Transmission and TDM, T1, T3, E1, E3, ISDN, SONET, Fiber and DWDM

b] .Fundamentals of Datacom and Networking = = => (DVD)
WANs and LANs, MAC Frames vs IP Packets, The Network “Cloud”

c].Understanding Networking 1 = = = > (DVD)
OSI Layers, Protocol Stacks, The FedEx Analogy, IP Addressing, DHCP, NAT, Bandwidth on Demand Services, Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
5th Semester:-

a].Understanding Networking 2 = = => (DVD)
The Internet, ISPs, The Web, IP Security, Viruses, Firewalls, Encryption, IPsec, VPNs

b] .Understanding Wireless 1 = = => (DVD)
Wireless Fundamentals, Cellular, CDMA, TDMA, GSM, GPRS,
3G: UMTS, CDMA2000, 1X, 1XEV-DO, Wireless Web

c].Advance Wireless Topics like Wifi, Satellites, etc

Note:-These 5 DVDs which I mentioned in 4th and 5th semester are very fruitful and offer by a well-known telecom institute “teracomtraining” in the US , the deail is =>http://www.teracomtr...deo_courses.htm
The reason why I mentioned because most of the topics which you will study from these DVDs will b again repeat during your regular university classes (in the last 3 semesters I mean 6th, 7th and 8th).So if you prepare these early then most likely you will be on the better position in upcoming semesters…
------------------------------------------------------------------------
6th Semester:-

a]. Preparation of Network + Certification

b] . Preparation of MCP Certification

The Network+ Exam is an online basic level exam offered by comptia and most of the contents of this course you have been already studied in the above 4th and 5th semester so It will be very easy for you. The MCP Certification is an online basic level exam offered by Micro Soft and its deals with Windows XP and this certification is also very easy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
7th Semester:-

a].CWNA

Note:- It is an online basic level exam offered by Cisco Systems and there certifications consider very important in the world of wireless/telecom regarding job point of view. At that time if you will not interested in wireless then you can go for other track ie CCNA etc. So it is totally up to you that what is your fav track. Also do not worry if you will not cover each and everything , just you should know the basic concepts of CWNA and thats enough...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

8th Semester:-

a].Preparation of Interview’s questions.
b] .How to search jobs via internet and how to apply?

Fresh graduates do not have these CWNA and MCP type certifications and do not have so much idea about interviews so mostly waste their few months on job hunting and on cets but i am sure if you will do as i said to you then there is no chance you will be jobless at the end of your degree.. This whole process is very very hard to manage and complete with regular studies but not impossible.
best of luck
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#76 terrence

terrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

Faisal and sadikhov family, I need some serious advice I feel like I am having a mid life crises. After reading this AWESOME thread it hit me " I need to specialize in one particular area and become the best I can at it". I'm 26 years old and have 10+ years in the IT industry and for the most part I've been a generalist, not a guru in one specialize area but just working with various technology. In my 10+ years I've been a Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Field Systems Support, Desktop Support, Systems administrator and plenty of other titles. After reading this post I have a better understanding between the job functions and technology used between a Systems Engineer and a Network Engineer "Light Bulb". At times I feel like I wasted a lot of time

At the present moment I have a MCSE, Citrix 4.5, CWNA and working on CCNA. It's like I have this Thirst for IT that I can't seem to quinch. I read in an earlier post how a Systems Engineer work with MS, Red Hat, HP ect and how a Network Engineer works with Cisco, juniper, 3com ect.. at times everything feels so redundant, doing backup, retrieving back ups, fixing network printing issues, creating NT accounts, disabling NT accounts, granting share permissions, removing share permissions .........modifing GP, NTFS permissions.....on and on and on and on...

Did I wast my time and energy getting my MCSE if I do decide going all in with Networking?
Can some one give me some advice or words of wisdom?

Edited by terrence, 02 December 2008 - 03:51 PM.

#77 terrence

terrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

Yea, it kind of just landed in my lap. I remember my mom and dad garage sale shopping and going from one USED store (goodwill & Salvation army) to the next and we always got a computer, this was our so called family outting which my sister and I hated. After a while I started taking them apart and putting them back together.

From that moment on I've been obsessed with Technology ever since. I remember the GUI if I can even call it that was just a green screen and characters with the large floppy disks (Those were the days, being a kid of course..lol). We even got a Floppy disk set that that totalled well over 20 disks just to what we call know a days simple stuff. I feel kinda old just remembering IT.... LOL....

I'm moving more towards Networking, I'm really enjoying what networking involves. I worked for a Telecom company supporting DSL, IPTV. VOIP, FTTP and FTTN and that involved supporting VPWS's, VPLS's, I really liked the network trouble shooting tools we used. Tracking packets, analyzing and processing packets, using global tools to test equipment in the cloud..I even got my hands on some layer 2 & 3 7750 and 7450 switches and routers (from a logical stand point, not physical)... Every one that I know that does Systems Administration says networking is boring but I see different.

Edited by terrence, 03 December 2008 - 09:50 AM.

#78 terrence

terrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:01 AM

I've been studying night and day for my CCNA exam and using GNS3 which leaves much to desire. Maybe it's just me but I learn better on the real thing while self studying, a question to all the professionals. I searched around and I see 1721 being an acceptable learning tool but Which Cisco router do you suggest I purchase and what components should come along with it? also, keeping in mind for furture use going after CCNP or CCSP.

thanks!

Edited by terrence, 10 December 2008 - 06:10 AM.

#79 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:15 AM

i am looking to start to study for the CCNA. This is a good topic but should be updated

@IT Security, thanks for reminds this, I’ll update the original thread later.

##########################################################################

Did I wast my time and energy getting my MCSE if I do decide going all in with Networking?
Can some one give me some advice or words of wisdom?

@Terrence , sorry for much late popup because i was in my village(far away from net)…well its inspiring that you have 10years experience with in just 26years age while I don’t have more than 3years professional experience with holding same age title. Anyway I don’t consider myself a right person to advice you but I would like to share some of my own thoughts which may help in your query..
With the starting of my 1st job I had taken admission in three courses (MCSE, CCNA and Linux) simultaneously and I must say this didn’t help me to master in any of these 3 subjects. I had thought that for ISP sides these are the hottest courses and every IT person should be familiar with these ground areas of Networks.
In those days I was initially working as a field network engineer for hundreds of dsl clients. Most of them were corporate and every single client had its own different LAN scenario. So our Regional Manager only sent me on those clients where different types of devices or vendors were involved, Once upon a time The RPM sent me on a valuable client where a single LAN server (was working as a Domain Controller plus ISA as a proxy) was completely crashed, though it is not the responsibility of ISP but sometimes you have to give the clients extra favor as per your departmental head instructions. So i went there and rebuild the whole server from clean installation and made all the users with same name and set their home directories and then ISA on the same system with all necessary patches/updates/sp etc and it worked fine though I did not configure these things before..
So having a little knowledge on Linux plus MCSE saved my life many times during working in field as well as later on the “Core Layer” e.g i remember that how once upon a time our 2nd proxy was accidentally crashed. There was no backup/RAID and no any system engineer was available so as a final option i quickly reinstalled the same Redhat OS again and then installed squid and edited the files rc.local and squid.conf etc but no luck and finally I enabled ssh and gave access to a system engineer sitting in our head office and he made it, while according to him there were only few mistakes I left so more then 90% work I already done before on the squid, well i didn’t feel shame on this ^^ because my tag was a network engineer and only due to little study of Linux+ course in the institute i just tried at my own level..

I'm moving more towards Networking, I'm really enjoying what networking involves. I worked for a Telecom company supporting DSL, IPTV. VOIP, FTTP and FTTN and that involved supporting VPWS's, VPLS's, I really liked the network trouble shooting tools we used. Tracking packets, analyzing and processing packets, using global tools to test equipment in the cloud..I even got my hands on some layer 2 & 3 7750 and 7450 switches and routers (from a logical stand point, not physical)... Every one that I know that does Systems Administration says networking is boring but I see different.

I liked your above ^^ mentioned detailed experience, you know why because you are more suitable for a network job rather than any common CCXP surrounding us. As I spoke in some previous posts that it is very easy to kill CCXP papers like most of the guys(but not all) here are doing, I mean after the completion of their CCNA they complete BSCI with in 1 or 2 months, because apparently they get a good surety from CCNA paper that all the questions always come from dump so they passed CCXP papers quickly and then post the massage here that hey everyone I passed this CCXP paper and used this book plus this video training and blah blah….personally I don’t know why people are running fast behind the certs medals instead of looking for solid experience, I admit there are many reasons for certs and you must hold atleast 1 or 2 famous medals.Hmms 2 months ago I have been missed a good job posted by a gold partner and they simply rejected me because they want a so called CCNP guy. As we all know that vendors cancel their partnership if they don’t hire required certified persons as per vendor’s restrictions.

So right now I am on the stage where I feel myself 25% hungry for certs but for rest of all 75% I am enough crazy for gaining solid experience as much as and as soon as possible…I think this is the good balance ratio regarding certs vs experience dilemma…

After that you may know why I am crazier behind experience rather than certs?? Frankly speaking you can find many good readings already posted here on sadikhov @career builders section [where a person want to switch from 1 job to another or ask to help for choosing the next certs or next path which is suitable for him/her or why he is not getting any good job etc.]

Please ask me anything which you want, now you’ll find me regular for sure, and I hope you’ll rehash your upcoming future planning in a better way and will try to become a guru in a specific field with in next 1 or 2 years..

Best of luck..

########################################################################

[font="Book Antiqua"]Faisal (or anyone as a matter of fact),

I'm in a dilemma. What should I purchase and why:

Testout CCNA 640-802
OR
CBT Nuggets CCNA 640-802

I personally have experience with Testout. I like the fact that I can see the guy talking, writing and whatnot. In addition, I also like their simulations, quizzes and cliff notes for each subject.

Toughsam, I admit you look right regarding testout dilemma. Actually I wrote the recommended material list in the last year and at that time the Testout CCNA product was not good enough, as for as I remember it was a lady teacher but now I checked on their official site
http://www.testout.com/products/outlines/ol640-802.htm
and not sure but it seems they released an updated CCNA version in the beginning of 2008..well according to their mentioned product outline this is looking too good, Also I’d recommend the newbie’s to check this latest testout product...

As far as your original question that what is better for you? The answer is first of all you check these 3 famous (TS,CBTnuggets and testout) and then use/stick with one which you feel feasible for you because all these are good enough...

Hope this help.

Faisal.

Edited by Darby Weaver, 07 April 2009 - 01:10 AM.

#80 im_possible

im_possible

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:i like studying new stuffs and also the new technology ignites me towards it.I want to learn as many things as i can in my little life for which i thank you GOD.<br /><br />

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

hello sir i have certain questions:
1.Is there any -ve marking in CCNA??
2.Is this necessary that we should do anything like MCSE ?
If yes,
which is better

MCSE

Core exams (Networking System - 4 exams required): 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294

Core exams (Client operating system - one exam required): 70-6205 or 70-270 or 70-2101, 2

Core exams (Design - one exam required): 70-2973 or 70-2983

MCSE: Messaging

Core exams (Networking System - 4 exams required): 70-2901, 70-2911, 70-2931, 70-2941

Core exams (Client operating system - one exam required): 70-620 or 70-270 or 70-2102, 3

Core exams (Design - one exam required): 70-2975 or 70-2985

Messaging specialization: 70-2844, 70-2854

MCSE: Security

Core exams (Networking System - 4 exams required): 70-2901, 70-2911, 70-2931, 70-2941

Core exams (Client operating system - one exam required): 70-620 or 70-270 or 70-2102, 3

Security specialization (Core Design): 70-298

#81 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

1.Is there any -ve marking in CCNA??
Yes for sure there is no any -ve marking in CCNA, a wrong answer means no point from that specific question.

2.Is this necessary that we should do anything like MCSE?
Yes in some areas cisco also give flexibility of core and elective type papers, for example in CCSP track..

You just need to go on main certification page for latest info ==> http://cisco.com/web...paths_home.html

#82 jonty

jonty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

as salam alikum faisal bhai

This is Khaleel mohameed who have just started his career in networking (CCNA) and want to stick to it.I have completed my Btech in the year 06 but could not get a suitable job in my field. I joined a good institute and also refering Todd lamle.But I have one doubt in my mind which always kills me........... will I get a good job after completing CCNA/CCNP...and please let me know the companies in Hyderabad which are recuritting.....

Thanks
Khaleel mohammed

This post is only and only for newbie’s who are fresh in the field of networking (cisco) + for those ppl who are lil bit puzzle yet to start their CCNA journey , So already if you has been passed CCNA or you know much about braindumping or You are a Cisco guru / CCIE candidate then please don’t waste your time to read this useless thread.. I only and only tried to share my own experience with beginners and that’s all. If you feel that below I used some rude/hard words for braindumpers then I really apologize for this. , Infact already many ppl have been shared their CCNA experiences on this forum, below are 2 very good examples from them = =>
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80363
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125217
so I didn’t do anything new but just shared some old tips/tweaks and let me also clear that I didn’t try to become hero or no # 1 ,no way …I am a very very simple guy having no any extra qualities or high education/experience and once again I apologies if there is anything negative/wrong you feel in my post :) , please do correct me via PM…. [/b]

Why I wrote this post?
The reality is that 3 years ago(in the end of 2005) when I took admission(for CCNA preparation) in a low level institute then after 2 to 3 weeks I asked bundles of time to my teacher that please I understood all the concepts from 1st and 2nd chapter in CCNA book but kindly explain me sap/snap because this is away from my head but he didn’t/couldn’t , then after wasting many months I realize that the teacher itself isn’t CCNA or CCNP certified and he even don’t know about the difference between Autonomous system concept of OSPF & BGP etc so I leaved that institute and take admission in another but got same results, none of my friend/relative and any other network engineer guided me that what should I do?? Even I met with a CCIE lab fail guy but he didn’t put me on the right way so after wasting lot of time/money/energy then i got the right way from my own struggles and frankly speaking I passed my CCNA via sadikhov :) so when I passed then I started to explain the questions which most CCNA candidates raise but then I feel that most of the CCNA candidates are passing by using only dumps, actually when any new member come here and open the pinned post =>”I passed ” if you don’t trust on me then you can check the old history (I mean before the mid of 2007) ,so I thought that it is important to put all these beginners on the right way rather then answering their dumping questions, so that’s why I wrote this thread only and only for beginners..

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = == = =
Dear All,

I saw many of times here that people request here for dumps and confuse that how to start CCNA study?What is the best video training? etc.The main mission of sadikhov dat com isnt producing more and more braindumpers which already is happening here.Braindumper born in CCNA(all associate levels i mean CCDA etc) forums and then they create prob in CCNP(All professional levels i mean CCNP&CCSP etc) forums.So i decided to post a brief note on that.

How to prepare CCNA?

There are 2 possibilities

1. U already joined or looking for an institute.
or
2. U are self studying.

1.Regular CCNA study through institute:-

If you can afford and u find any well reputed and well equipped (with all necessary cisco devices) institute in your area then you should consider ur self lucky and take the admission ASAP.It is highly recommended way of study i suppose because you can work on real routers and switches and learn live through good teachers.

Note:-I already wasted my few months and money in 2 low level institutes so please while deciding institute ask the current/X students of that institute.

My own qout = = > ”Read before the teacher teach.”
Always try to study the topic which the teacher don't teach you yet i mean next lecture.By this way you can ask more questions to teacher at real time beause u already knew the basics of that topic + this isn't new for you and when teacher will teach you, your all doubts will be clear and i found it v v helpful for long life/better understand.

2.CCNA through self study:-

i)If you have a network background then u can start with CISCO press books but i recommend for fresh net workers to use sybex press because it is easy as compared to CISCO for beginners.
Note:- CCNA Curriculum 4 modules is highly recommended for making strong CISCO basics.If you belongs from span then you are lucky bcz a Spanish version is also available on sadikhov.

You should also study through video trainings bcz

a)These are made for whole world not for any specific institute/students.
b)You can take same lecture as many times as you want and at any suitable time when u have some free time for study.
c)Almost in all video trainings u can view live labs on live routers so it would also strong ur Lab knowledge.
d)Almost all are free on sadikhov so u need not worry to buy these.

Here is the list of recommended & all major video trainings provider companies.

1.[Train'signal] ICND1 & 2 <==== Recommended
2.Cisco press (CCNA video mentor)<===== Recommended
3.Cbtnuggets (640-802)<==== Recommended
4.knowledgenet
5.Testout
5.[learnskey]
6.Careeracademy
7.Globalknowledge

You can try only one or two types but i don't recommend to use all of the above 7 mentioned.I personally like [Train'signal] and it is upon you that what you find better for you.There are 3 options to start study with these stuff.

a)books===>then videotraings.
b)Videotraining===>then books.
c)books + video trainings at same time.

Mr personal experience says that option b is better bcz as you go through 1 or 2 times with video training then you read book and you will feel that this book is very easy LOL.Anyway its upon you that what u like.

Real world tip :-
My way of study is that i also convert them in audio mp3 form(by using Allok AVI-MPEG-WMV-RM-to-MP3-Converter) and listen while on bed, on driving or any relax time.But only for revision so these topics are easily sit in my mind forever.You can try it i hop it will be very helpfull.

2ndly many CCIE stuff provider companies are making audio boot camp for example Ipexprt dat com ,videoed dat com etc so this little habit also will help to you in future when you will enter in CCIE game.
Check this = => www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121471

How I can perform Labs in self study?

1stly if you have an institute which can permit you for practice Labs only (in some $) or you have any relation with CEO/teacher of that institute and he will give you access for only few hours per week then try it first bcz it is very cheap/helpful for you.I also used this way.

2ndly use the dynamips router simulator.It will give you 100% results as real router give you.
Go in cisco share and search with the "dynamips" keyword. You will find everything which you want.Also you will lots of cisco IOS in there.

3rdly CCNA Video mentor will be very helpful for you in preparation of Labs.

Fourthly there are also some other router simulators like boson,routersim etc you can practise on them for switching but be sure that they dont give 100% results.

Fifthly the companion CDRooms with sybex and cisco press books are available in my collection give me someday to search and upload.

Sixthly You can practice with too many commands on already preconfigured labs by using CCNA Flash Cards(already shared in cisco share section)

Note:-CCNP,CCSP and even CCIE flash cards also has been released.

What are dumps/braindumpers and should i use these?

Dumps(pass4sure, testinside and testking etc) are cheats and the person who only relay on these to pass exam is called braindumper.

This is the most imp turning point of your IT career when you easily have access of dumps/cheats but you dont know that what should i do with these dumps?Now listen if you misguide at that time then you will become a braindumper and there is no medicine on any drugstore for it,once you become habit of braindumping then it may be possible that you cannot change it through your whole IT career (However u want to change it).At last i can only say that GOD bless You.Please dnt waste your time and our time go away.

1st of all i am clarifying that sadikhov dat com isnt a free latest dump provider site.If you come here specially for dumps then u can leave it would be better for you and us.Read these posts from top to bottom and ur mind/eye should be open why i am saying as

www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63327
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58840
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109816

Well if you are facing any problem regarding study i e study material/problems while studying etc then u r welcome here.You are not alone we are all here to help you so my bro dntwory.

2ndly CCNA is a base of CISCO certifications if your base is composed of dump then your walls(CCNP) must be need for dump and at last when you reach near top(CCIE LAB) then be remember that there is no dum for CCIE LAB.

3rdly you should think on that point that why all most all people are passing in CCNA,CCNP,CCIE (written) etc but when they reach to LAB then only few can pass it?

Note:-I am not saying that all failed people in LAB are braindumpers ,their are many other reasons beside that.I appropriates the work/spirit of all persons who atleast took it for 1 time.

see this==>hxxp://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77177&hl=took

Did Wambari CCIE # 17522 used any pass4sure or testinside to crack LAB? If he can do then why you cannot do? So do study/hard work as much as u can and ask us for any help/confusion.

When and how i should use dumps:-

Please during your study period dont think about any dump.Leave all matters which are happening on sadikhov regarding dumps.At time of studying through books+video trainings+all Labs if you feel any confusion you ask us.but please i am again n again saying that if you read a CCNA book 1 time and then you open pass4sure and ask us that hey prob in Q# ** i cannot understand that why this is hapend?what is the correct answer etc? Please don't do that, don't waste ur time and our time also.Ask pass4sure or testinside team who made it unfortunately. If you are thinking on this point that you asked us all questions here which you couldn't solve by yourself and now you understand all questions of dumps and you are ready to hit the exam then it is 100% sure that you are totally wrong.

I know that it is very hard for some people who arrange the fee (150$) and they cannot afford to fail . 2ndly i also agree that when you 100% prepare/confident for exam then you can use it, some people even pass without preparing any exam engine. Ok here is the way of use it

a)Before you hit the exam Approx 1 week earlier you can 1st try testking because it have also explanations for every question but be aware that it has many plenty of bugs.

b)You can use some useful transcenders or boson practice materiel but before seeing whole quesitons+answers open your practice exam engine and try a virtual exam and see that how much u scored?This is the real score of your study/mind level without using any dump.So you again start study and see that in which areas you are weak and how much you need more study.Then again do a virtual exam and at last you will get 1000/1000.So now its the time that you can hit the exam.

Note:-While performing your final step i mean during study of dumps/questions if you find any clarification you can ask us but we all will be more happy when you ask us for any topic which you cannot understand yet from books or video trainings etc instead of your dump(pass4sure , testinside etc)questions.

*please correct me if i am wrong from any point of view and if you have better suggestions then share your mind and forgive me for my bad English,Thanks in advance to like my post.

===============================================================
Updated on 20 may 2008

Lots of new queries arrived so i thought to add some more things.......

I am undergraduate or i m(already gradute) now thinking to do masters so should I do CCNA ?]
If you are undergraduate and currently doing your regular degree then give the proper time to your regular studies instead of CCNA because most companies don’t hire non graduates. You can do certification at any time, any month, any year These are just a value added service on your CV.So you better know what is feasible for you because everybody has its own scenario.
Chec these = = >
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117155
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120960
Post in this section I e ”Career Builders ” for such type of quires related to job/education.

I am doing job in LAN environment what should i do to prepare CCNA and how I can make my future secure

Well no worries most of network engineers start their career from LAN and it’s a good thing though because if your basics are strong, you know the basic LAN trouble shooting then you will be more confident, in LAN you will be familiar with Subnets/IPs , Proxy server, mail servers , a gateway router etc. But don’t need to be waste your time in LAN more then 6 to 8 months its enough in my opinion. After that pass CCNA ASAP and look for a job in your local ISP, Cisco Gold/Silver partners and side by side start to study CCXP.
Almost every country has some popular jobs sites so be sure you know these and you check on daily basis.
You can find your regional Cisco partners here = => www.cisco.com then click on ”partner central” then click on ”partner locator” then select your country and hit on ”Go”

What is the difference between CCNA(640-802) and ICND1 and ICND2? Which exam should I do?

Current cisco code for CCNA is 640-802 (but it will change in future), the CCNA 640-802 is the complete CCNA paper(combination of ICND1 & 2) which have currently total cost of 300 US$ but always check ”vue.com” for latest updated fee and if you feel that it is hard to pass for you or whatever the reason, then you can give in a separate fashion I e ICND1 and then ICND2 and when you will pass both exams then you will be awarded as CCNA certificate.

How often the Cisco updates their exam outlines?

Day by day new technologies are coming so whenever cisco feel that exam should be updated then they just subtract few chapters and add some new stuff and change the code so don’t b worry that you are preparing current curriculum and might be cisco suddenly change the exam. Regarding this matter Cisco have a policy that 6 month earlier (before the date of expiry date of an exam) they mentioned the new course outline so always check their official site for up-to-date info regarding this issue.

What are simlets, SIM etc and what is the exam scoring for each question and what are passing marks?

A Simlet is a single question containing few multiple choice questions. In which you have given access of 1 device or and by using specific command you have to answer the task.Sim means simulation, it is the single main lab in the exam, in which you have to perform a specific task assigned to you. Please note that in simlet and simulations only specific commands are allowed directly related to your task, so don’t think that these are real Cisco routers and switches and you can try all the possible commands on it which may help in your given task.
You can check at www.testinside.[websitebanned]/ for latest simulation solutions.

Some questions in the exam have 0 marks and some have double marks. Be careful while doing simulation and simlets because these are the most important part of the CCNA exam, so if you failed in both and do all other questions correct then there is no surety that you can pass the exam btw the passing score is approx 850 out of 1000.

When and how I will receive my certificate?

When you will be passed your exam then you will be awarded a score sheet on which your cisco ID is also mentioned .Be keep in mind that this is your only identity on the world of cisco, in future when if you want to give a ccnp exam then you have to mentioned this while registration otherwise you will be in trouble. Anyhow when you passed CCNA after a day or 2days you will receive a mail for verification of your home address or where you want to receive your certificate via currier services. Cisco will send you a hard copy on that address and if you do not want hard copy then they can send you a printable soft copy. All is depend on you.
check this = => www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82508

Note that Cisco take approx 6 to 8 weeks to send your certificate so dont be worried and be patience.

What is GNS3?

GNS3 is a nice gui interface of dynamips.You only need an IOS of a router and by using GNS3 you can make routers in your pc.These will give you 100% result as real router give and you can perform almost all labs on it. Here are some few helpful links regarding , I will add some more later when I will find.

GNS3:-
www.gns3.net/download
http://www.gns3.cn/h...n-and-gns3-gui/
www.blindhog.net/category/gns3

Dynamips:-
www.dynagen.org/
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73869
www.blindhog.net/cisco-dynagen-dynamips-basic-t1-configuration/
www.classroom.internetworkexpert.com/p27794135/
For vlans = = > www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88008
www.dynagen.org/tutorial.htm

Note:- If you have still problem with dynaimps/GNS3 then the best thing isto firstly consult this separate section for emulators/simulators = => www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showforum=81
And also you can visit their official forum = = > hacki.at/7200emu/index.php
Here you can find lots of preconfigured topologies and helpful stuff like that.

How to search/download CCNA/Cisco stuff from sadikhov/internet?
Disclaimer#2:-
If you can afford the money for buying cbts and other stuff like that then please do it because we should respect the Authors/Vendors , if all the world will try to download stuff free from the net then who will buy it??? And how Authors/Vendors will earn money from their products and will be happy to produce more and more quality stuff?? It is a valid point, I already has been enough spoken (on this issue) in these threads…

www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123843
www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125598

Well my friends please don’t need to be confuse and don’t try to start a new debate(on share section)here on this point = => in the above I am saying that buy the stuff but in the below why I will show you that how u can download stuff from net??? I admit the share section sometimes really represent this whole site as a dump site(means a site only for download stuff) but in parallel you can find here many many good technical sections and quality discussions/debates, which I didn’t see yet on the other forums/sites. So every individual has its own way of thought and own choices, I only put many ways of thinking in front of your eyes, and you have to chose which you feel best for you , either buy or download from share section.. everything is upto you….

Be aware that these sections (of sadikhov) are only for technical discussions, no post here allowed regarding sharing/requesting of study stuff, like which is the correct version of dump? Where are the download links of this dump/material? Hey everybody I upload this stuff and here is the download link etc.
Please before posting your first post on sadikhov (or even at any other site) be sure you read all the FAQs and rulz otherwise you will be warn/banned

1.Go in ”Cisco share” section at ”Study Guides Requests and Shares”
= =>www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83
Now check the pinned topic and if you cannot find your desired book/video then use the search button if still not find then post in this specific share section.

2.Easiest way is to search via my signatures i mean put any string like ”Cbtnuggets CC NA 640-802” in the site = = > www.shareminer.com

3. Download via torrent sites (like isohunt,mininova,learnbits,bitme,bitspyder,demonoid etc) by using a torrent client(like utorrent )or download by using peer 2 peer software’s (like emule, ares etc).
For more info check this = >www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64444
Already Dr kernel done a great job on this issue.

4.If you still cannot find then check these posts

http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122843
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108499
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119288

How often the exam questions change?

There is no specific time but every month or 2 month cisco add some new questions in exam and so when the lots of new questions arrive then the dump provider companies released their new version of dump which is 100% accurate with respect to real exam.
But what you will do when tomorrow is your exam and today they change almost all the questions……! This has been happened many times in the past, you can check some old posts here if you do not trust on me.Also by using dump still people failed check these threads

failed in CCNP by using dumps
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102123
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98740
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71126
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69572

failed in CCNA by using dumps
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=134258
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59876
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59908
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59989
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59578
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80317
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83054
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87731
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86045

Its very easy to read just a book and download dump from share section and then give an exam with in few weeks but its much difficult to answer and understand these real questions without doing real study…
You can easily judge how much % of braindumping you hold? Just try to solve these without checking correct answers...........
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82388
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82397
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82635
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83168
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83854
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82202
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82115
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80381
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80226
http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75925

Also check these nice knowledge base threads by 1 of my good friend here I e Nightshade.
Router summriaztion = => www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71646
Eigrp Tables = = > www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80700
CIDR and other terms = = > www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80502

[/b] Feedback [/b]

Folks …if I left anything which you feel should be there then feel free to share :) . And please if you wana say just Thank then do PM me because it will helpful to keep this thread clean and yes if you are facing any trouble/confusion in your CCNA studies then feel free to write reply in this thread, indeed this is open and will remain open for specially fresh CCNA candidates, we will try our best to guide you :) .

Faisal.
[/quote]

#83 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

as salam alikum faisal bhai

This is Khaleel mohameed who have just started his career in networking (CCNA) and want to stick to it.I have completed my Btech in the year 06 but could not get a suitable job in my field. I joined a good institute and also refering Todd lamle.But I have one doubt in my mind which always kills me........... will I get a good job after completing CCNA/CCNP...and please let me know the companies in Hyderabad which are recuritting.....

Thanks
Khaleel mohammed

W.S
Seems like you did Btech in Electronics/Electrical or may be in civil but now you wana go for Networking (@Cisco side) so i do not feel anything wrong, as personally i have been seen many people having BSC, BA or like your case Btech are doing good in IP Networks, at least i could not find yet(here in pk) any university which is offering a suitable degree specially for networks. Hmms Bcs have only 1 or 2 network subjects and btw BS telecom must be on the top choice but again not fully deals with Cisco. Doing a regular degree as per your choice is easy but finding a job as per your degree is something different dilemma so no worries, mostly depends how much you are lucky. Some people get perfect relevant job after their final university semester but sometimes it takes more than 1 or 2 years..

Regarding CCNA/CCNP certs from job point of view i can simply answer that check out the job announcement local sites/newspapers where companies mention that CCNA or CCNPs are preferable/mandatory.
Sorry i do not know about Hyderabad but if you do not have any residential/family problems then move towards the other big cities like karachi/Lahore or Islamabad where more job opportunities are available.

HTH.

#84 NetGuru59

NetGuru59

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

If it was not a SIM but real world, you could do an ipconfig in windows and find the IP of your default gateway. next ping the default gateway IP. Last in Windows from Command Prompt, do arp -a and it will show you the arp cache on the PC which will include the IP and MAC of the gateway. ;)

#85 alicextreme

alicextreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

I really wanna give you a pat on your back .Keep up the good work. You have been guiding everyone on the right track & the right vision of a great career .Though I must say you have been through a great struggle. God Bless you

#86 daposky

daposky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

@faisal,i must say this is a great work,you have really done well for those about to start a career in this field.Anyway goodluck to you guys

#87 gonhvvjvo (CCNA Study)

gonhvvjvo (CCNA Study)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:03 AM

Thank you, It's great article.

#88 willtech10577

willtech10577

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:15 AM

Great article!!! It kind of sucks when sometimes you are very tempted to use dumps not to cheat and memorize but to also simply understand a question. Unfortunately sometimes there is no one you can ask or no one willing to help you with your CCNA studies and you may have to refer to dumps -- and of course the lack of money to go to classes (these classes are expensive!!! 2000$ minimum for a 5 day class!!). I hope by using online forums (like this one) to ask questions will help this not only for myself but for other candidates as well to UNDERSTAND questions and avoid using dumps.

#89 Strat

Strat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 04:45 AM

I begin to study seriously the network with the Network + as introduction (even if I studied network at university), I did a long pause (about 4 month) and now I studie the CCNA with the cisco press and.. it's hard !
I'm just at the third chapter, the subnetting, and it's not very interessting for me.. specially because it's in english (I'm french) so it took me a lot of time to read all..

Does the Sybex books are really more "friendly" ?

#90 faisal.saleem

faisal.saleem

$ïιεη† ⊕pεrα†⊕r

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Strat @ Jun 20 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I begin to study seriously the network with the Network + as introduction (even if I studied network at university), I did a long pause (about 4 month) and now I studie the CCNA with the cisco press and.. it's hard !
I'm just at the third chapter, the subnetting, and it's not very interessting for me.. specially because it's in english (I'm french) so it took me a lot of time to read all..

Does the Sybex books are really more "friendly" ?

Yes if you are beginner then Sybex can help you up to some level so just use sybex stuff only for CCNA because back in old days i already bought sybex CCNP routing book and i must say it was not good/detailed enough,,
Actually sybex CCNA book is easy to understand, user friendly and damn interesting but cisco press books sometimes feel boring and more lengthy...

ok for easy understanding between sybex vs cisco

Sybex CCNA book just like MS Windows environment
Cisco press CCNA book just like LINUX environment

I can understand the problem you might are facing right now ie due to your native language, years ago i have same problem ie in every chapter i had few words not understandable, so i had simply used dictionary.
I still consider cisco technology and commands are easiest rather than other technologies on the earth because every cisco command is nothing more but self explanatory.
Anyway if i was you then i might first finish Train'signal CCNA video training 3 or 4 times because the instructor speaks very slow and a non English listener can easily pick all the points, after that i might go for Cisco press..

Again let me remind that if you are going to read from sybex then after finishing it do not forget to use official cisco press books/stuff, here is the link of complete detail info ==> http://www.ciscopress.com/markets/detail.asp?st=44711

feel free to ask any further query.thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users