Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
allybobo

Help...oracle Core File

Hello,

Im running oracle 10g on solaris 10...i have created a slice for the oracle database,oracle software and also for the /home/export...but recently wen i a did a df commad i found out that the /home/export was almost out of space bcoz in the /home/export/oracle..there is a core file which is almost the size of the whole slice/partition.

I know core files are used for debugging but i just wanted to find out how safe it is for me to delete the same file....and how do i configure the oracle software to store the core files in a particular partition that has more space instead of the /home/export/oracle

Thank you

Edited by allybobo

Hello,

Im running oracle 10g on solaris 10...i have created a slice for the oracle database,oracle software and also for the /home/export...but recently wen i a did a df commad i found out that the /home/export was almost out of space bcoz in the /home/export/oracle..there is a core file which is almost the size of the whole slice/partition.

I know core files are used for debugging but i just wanted to find out how safe it is for me to delete the same file....and how do i configure the oracle software to store the core files in a particular partition that has more space instead of the /home/export/oracle

Thank you

You should delete core files, they are dumps that waste space.