Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noodles

Softphone

33 posts in this topic

Hey Zalas,

I've read it in a few places online where people have implemented the design on that website. I guess it works and you'll be able to get hands-on on the CORE stuff.

However, as the guy put on the site, you'll need an EXTREMELY powerful computer with loads of RAM, probably multi-CPU (duo, quad) and you'll need to have LOTS of PATIENCE ;);)

I'm slowly trying to build a lab with the same model, however, I'm trying to implement it with multiple PCs, and also with some real routers.

Each time I sit-down to think about it, my mind just BLOWS :lol::D:lol::D:lol::D

I'll definitely share the layout/design with everyone on Sadikhov once I'm able to achieve this........hopefully sooner rather than later!!!

Cheers,

Skybaba

Hi BB

i went to that website, looked at the whole thing, for a beginner like me, that thing is complicated, Have you worked on it???

thanks for the info, i'l try and slowly get my head around that thing. its hard though

Hi Noodles,

YES!!!! You can use Softphone, but NOT just any Softphone.

I've been able to successfully connect IP Blue SoftPhone to my CME running on a Cisco 3725 Router.

I've also been able to connect the IP Blue phone to my CallManager 4.x, so I guess it will work with your 3800 as long as your router can run Telephony Services or Call Manager Express.

The IP Blue VTGO emulates a Cisco 79xx phone.

You can get it from this link: hxxp://www.ipblue.com/download.asp?software=vtgo_adv

The only downside it that it's requires a license to run FULLY.

Without the License, you can only have a 2 minute conversation with it and it will only run for about 20 minutes; after which it shuts down.....so I guess you'll have to restart it quite often :D:)

Since I'm only using it in a Lab environment, that's not a problem for me.

Below are the features supported by the IP Blue VTGO copied from their website.

I've highlighted the key features I think you'll need for your home-lab while preparing for CCVP.

* Emulates Cisco 79xx line of IP phones with dual 14 button expansion modules

* Tested and certified with CallManagers 3.2-4.1, CallManager Express

* Supports Cisco Survival Remote Site Telephony, redundant CallManagers, DHCP option 150

* High quality-low latency using multiple codecs (G.711, GSM 6.10, G.729), QoS support

* Accessibility features for visually impaired users include text to speech and keyboard shortcuts

* Supports Extension Mobility

* XML telephony services

* Configuration Wizard with user-definable profiles

* Supports a wide range of external USB audio devices

* STUN/UPnP NAT traversal, SKINNY fix-up protocol friendly

* Call log with Callback

* Call recording, storage and playback with email attachment

* Integration with LDAP directories, MS Outlook, Windows Address Book, Instant Messengers (Microsoft, Yahoo, AOL)

* Language Localization (English, Dutch, Danish)

* Dialing from MS Outlook, Web pages and much more

Hope that helps.

Rgrds,

Skybaba

hello people!

here is question: can i use softphone instead of real ip phones or analog phones to prepare for exam? i mean, can i connect computer running softphone to the 3800 series router and get some effect?

Hi Friend

I m Looking for Bcmsn and i m practising on GNS3 ,but for L3 switching i need cisco 3725 IOS (this is the only L3 switch GNS3 support )

i tried for every where but all waste could u provide me any link or somthing else for this IOS

Thanks in advance

Hemant