Site Offline

The community is currently offline and only accessible to those with permission.

Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andy_Capp

Vlan

Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is adding two new hosts to SwitchA. Which three values could be used for the configuration of these hosts ? (Choose three.)

anetworkadministratorisif0.png

A. *host 1 IP address: 192.168.1.79

B. host 1 ip address: 192.168.1.64

C. *host 1 default gateway 192.168.1.78

D. host 2 ip address: 192.168.1.129

E. host 2 default gateway : 192.168.1.129

F. *host 2 IP address: 192.168.1.190

Notes

Switch Configuration

Port1: dot1qtrunk

VLAN 1 : ports 2,3,4

VLAN 10 : ports 5,6,7

VLAN 20 : ports 8,9,10,11,12

Router Configuration

Interface fa0/0.1

encapsulation dot1q 1

ip address 192.168.1.14 255.255.255.248 (/28)

host range (4 bits / 16) 0-16

Interface fa0/0.10

encapsulation dot1q 10

ip address 192.168.1.78 255.255.255.224 (/27)

host range (5 bits / 32) 64 - 91

Interface fa0/0.20

encapsulation dot1q 20

ip address 192.168.1.130 255.255.255.192 (/26)

host range (6 bits / 64) 128 - 191

ports in use

port 1 Trunk to Fa0/0

port 6 - host A (VLAN 10)

port 9 - host B (VLAN 20)

A. host 1 IP address: 192.168.1.79

- this is a valid address as given in address range 192.168.1.78 255.255.255.224

B. host 1 ip address: 192.168.1.64

- this is an invalid address "all zero's"

C. host 1 default gateway 192.168.1.78

- this is a valid address as given in address range 192.168.1.78 255.255.255.224

D. host 2 ip address: 192.168.1.128

- this is an invalid address "all zero's"

- this is a valid address as given in address range 192.168.1.130 255.255.255.192

F. host 2 IP address: 192.168.1.190

- this is a valid address as given in address range 192.168.1.130 255.255.255.192

Removing the invalid addresses leaves us with these 4 choices

A. host 1 IP address: 192.168.1.79

C. host 1 default gateway 192.168.1.78

F. host 2 IP address: 192.168.1.190

answer C though is already in use and the question states

"A network administrator is adding two new hosts to SwitchA. Which three values could be used for the configuration of these hosts "

so is Answer C being taken in preference over the other answers because it is a default gateway that has already been declared?

Was answer E rejected because the ip address declared as 192.168.1.130 255.255.255.192 is the default gateway for VLAN 20 and as such is an invalid address?

Looks like I need extra time with VLANs .. shame I haven't got any :lol:

Hii dude...

The answer A C and F is correct

For A>>Host A IP address is in the useable hosts range configured for VLAN 10...

For C>>Remember that the default gateway for the host in a VLAN should be the IP address of the subinterface configured on a router for that particular VLAN....

And here as the host is in VLAN 10...The IP address of the subinterface for VLAN 10 configured on the router will be the default gateway for all the hosts in that VLAN...

For F>>The IP address of Host B .190 is in a valid address as it is in the useable hosts range configured for VLAN 20...

Note for the option E...

It can't be the default gateway as the default gateway should be 192.168.1.130...that is the ip address of the router's sub interface in that VLAN

Liek I said .. just trying to get my head around the way they are thinking .. the question gives the impression (if you aren't really careful) that you are looking for addresses that could be used for the 2 new hosts .. however they very carefully and unambiguously word it

Which three values could be used for the configuration of these hosts ?

so the use of a default gateway is a valid configuration use and just to confuse us more they used non-training convention middle of the network ip's for gateways .. just to dupe the student more .. I keep telling myself to take extreme care of the wording in these questions but I get caught time after time .. God help anyone who isn't a "Native English" English speaker ..

i would go with ford ... a little exam tip though you might have known this

just imagine a switch to be a big exit of a large green world

every vlan is seperate world in it and every vlan has to be configured in a seperate way.. just try to relate the points like this your tension would be greatly releived ..it works for me

just an exam tip for fast revision and it makes feel you confident if you happen to see any vlan question ..just a tip of mine which may work for you

Edited by raaki_88

Yea the questions are sometimes confusing..you need to understand it very well...well that's the Cisco way.....lolz

And also in this question it ask the values used for host configurations....Well it would be Ip address and default gateways...

Just you need to figure out which one will be a valid address....

Thats it

All the best for your Xams..

Ciao

actually it says " what addresses can be used in the configuration of the new hosts?"

I personally would not have considered a gateway a host but as in other questions that Cisco have put up, they say 14 new hosts but use one of the addresses that have been given as a default gateway on a router leaving only 13 usable Host ip's ...

It just depends whether you're asking or you're telling as to whether you're right or not ! :lol:

actually it says " what addresses can be used in the configuration of the new hosts?"

I personally would not have considered a gateway a host but as in other questions that Cisco have put up, they say 14 new hosts but use one of the addresses that have been given as a default gateway on a router leaving only 13 usable Host ip's ...

It just depends whether you're asking or you're telling as to whether you're right or not ! :lol:

hey dude if you dont consider a gateway address on host, your host might not reach other vlan hosts or server. i agree with my team mate MUSTANG and i further add no details to his excellent explanation.

the meaning of question is clear to me, "that what necessary configurations could be done on the 2 new hosts" so remember Andy, the host configuration is always

1. One ip address

2. A subnet mask

3. A dns server

4. A default Gateway or Router address

Edited by talent pk

I have no complaints whatsoever about the advice I have been given .. I am just a little bit overwhelmed at the amount of revision I am having to do in order to understand the "meaning" of the questions I have seen today & yesterday. So far the best of 48 hours to go through all the tests of P4S and I haven't gone through it fully yet even once! Timed out on me last night and still haven't finished my second round .. I'm on q170/254 .. yesterday I only got as far as about 120 ..

Andy dont burn your brains, just relax and clear the test. comeback later to your CCNA studies, just as i do, even i did CCNP i still keep studying the stuff. so when you clear your CCNA i advice ,dont think that your CCNA is over. after finishing your test, take a day or two off and then go back to CCNA. finish it again before starting CCNP.

Andy dont burn your brains, just relax and clear the test. comeback later to your CCNA studies, just as i do, even i did CCNP i still keep studying the stuff. so when you clear your CCNA i advice ,dont think that your CCNA is over. after finishing your test, take a day or two off and then go back to CCNA. finish it again before starting CCNP.

hehe :P well said talent pk.That is what i am doing after my CCNA. LOL

hehe :P well said talent pk.That is what i am doing after my CCNA. LOL

Thanks guys .. I hope to be able to continue but with a bit of hands on experience as well .. however a break of more than a few days is required in order to get chores done that are now outstanding since last December ... for my wife son & daughters .. but at least I will have the knowledge to continue in a more relaxed manner .. when I am ready

Moderated

i have seen the same post over and over you may be banned as this seems to be an advertisement ... if you want to view people that much make the same quotes in signature

Edited by 13th Worrier