Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
bequietanddrive

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express edition problem!

Hi everyone !!..We've decided to install and learn with practice to SQL server express edition 2005 one of our department's laptop which has running Windows Vista..We've installed it with all components but still its giving us this error warning when we trying to connect laptop's local server.. :

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53)"

Well I'm starting to think that obviously we missed something ..Can anyone help me about it ?! :)..thank you..:)

( SQL SERVER CONFIGURATION MANAGER (local) is not working right now..it says "cannot create MMC component" I noticed that a minute ago actually ..is that error FULLY related with this ?.. thanks again)

Hi everyone !!..We've decided to install and learn with practice to SQL server express edition 2005 one of our department's laptop which has running Windows Vista..We've installed it with all components but still its giving us this error warning when we trying to connect laptop's local server.. :

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53)"

Well I'm starting to think that obviously we missed something ..Can anyone help me about it ?! :)..thank you..:)

( SQL SERVER CONFIGURATION MANAGER (local) is not working right now..it says "cannot create MMC component" I noticed that a minute ago actually ..is that error FULLY related with this ?.. thanks again)

Maybe your SQL machine is not prepared to accept from local IP where your prolem is in the communication, anyway check this link:

hxxp://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/10/31/error-has-occurred-while-establishing-a-connection-to-sql-server-2005-which-does-not-allow-local-and-remote-connections/

Maybe your SQL machine is not prepared to accept from local IP where your prolem is in the communication, anyway check this link:

hxxp://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/10/31/error-has-occurred-while-establishing-a-connection-to-sql-server-2005-which-does-not-allow-local-and-remote-connections/

oh thanks for replying so quickly h_im4u !..:)but its not related with IP problem I checked that ..the problem was sql management server it wasnt working properly..that was the problem so I repaired mmc console tools (with reinstall) and then configured the sql management right from the begining..it's working right now ..thanks for the help again.. :lol:

oh thanks for replying so quickly h_im4u !..:)but its not related with IP problem I checked that ..the problem was sql management server it wasnt working properly..that was the problem so I repaired mmc console tools (with reinstall) and then configured the sql management right from the begining..it's working right now ..thanks for the help again.. :lol:

nice to hear that :D , and I said the IP could your problem, why? cuz most of the SQL servers troubles you face are during installation and preparing the pre-requirements for that but I guessed you have checked that so I said your problem may be about the networking :) (from the error name).

Regards,