Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walid Elsahar

Guide to get your PMP Certificate

35 posts in this topic

Hi Walid

Do you recommend taking PMP V3 test before 30th June 2009? or would it be better to take the PMP V4 test.

Best Regards,

nakafi

Thanks for your info. You advised that we go directly for PMP since it is more recognised. The thing is, I do not have the requirements to go for the PMP. I solidly have the requirements for the CAPM. Do you think I should wait till I get the required experience or go for the CAPM.

Hi,

Unfortunately Project management certificate need a real project management experience and you can’t simply study some questions and take the exam. And in fact this is not bad because it gives the certificate its value.

However, I think you can start studying the PMBOK and within one or two years of projects experience you will have the required credit hours.

Thanks and Regards,

Walid Elsahar

Hi Walid ,

I really like your posts and your thoughts about the PMP certification.i would like to know any recommended training center in UAE ( which is not so costy ! )

Also could you demarcate the Compensations paid after these certifications.

Awaiting for your advise.

Thanks Walid for your honest feedback. It was certainly very useful. Was wondering why you hadn't emphasized much on taking up some coaching from training institutes? I was advised by most of the succesful PMPs to attend some quality training from training providers like Cheetah, PMstudy, PMTI etc. before I sit for the exam considering that PMP is pretty tough. Could you please suggest based on your experience on how important it would be attending a training camp?

Thanks!

Shane