Site Offline

The community is currently offline and only accessible to those with permission.

Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
kironline

Extension Mobility problem

Guys,

I dont want to break my head on this anymore, so I thought of posting it here. I have configured extension mobility exactly the same way as stated in the link below but I am not able to login to the phone. On my 7961 phone, in the Logon/Logoff service under Services option I see an extra option called Realm. I can type in the username and password space but cannot type anything in Realm option. I left Realm option blank and click on Submit, nothing happens, it just keeps asking me for username & pwd without any error. Wondering if I have miss any step? I tried this on Cisco Ip Communicator, 7961 & 7970 phones but its the same.

Can you please help?

hxxp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a00801545a2.shtml

I followed the below steps:

Extension Mobility configuration steps

Task 1: Verify Extension Mobility Service is Running

Step 1 From the Navigation menu select Cisco Unified CallManager Serviceability

Step 2 Select Tools>Control Center – Feature Services

Step 3 Make sure that the Cisco Extension Mobility service shows status Activated

Task 2:Configure Extension Mobility Service

Step 1 From the Navigation menu select Cisco Unified CallManager Administration

Step 2 Select Device>Device Settings>Phone Services

Step 3 Click Add New

Step 4 In the Service Name field, type Extension Mobility

Step 5 In the Service Description field, type Login and logout service

Step 6 In the Service URL field, Enter the following URL: http://192.168.1.20/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

Step 7 Click Save

Task 3: Modify Enterprise Parameters to Reflect IP Address of CallManager

Step 1 Select System>Enterprise Parameters

Step 2 Under Phone URL parameters, change to 192.168.1.20. Change ONLY the host name, not the rest of the fields.

Step 3 Click Save

Step 4 Click Ok from the pop-up warning.

Step 5 Click Reset

Step 6 In the pop-up window select Reset

Step 7 Click Close

Task 4: Create Device Profile Default for Each Phone Model that shall Support Cisco Extension Mobility

Step 1 Select Device>Device Settings>Default Device Profile

Step 2 From the drop down list, select the phone model to be configured, for example, Cisco 7961.

Step 3 Under Description, enter a description of this profile.

Step 4 Under Phone Button Template, select Standard 7961 SCCP.

Step 5 Click Save

Step 6 Repeat for each model phone to be configured

Task 5: Create Device User Profile for a User

Step 1 Choose Device>Device Settings>Device Profile and click Add New.

Step 2 From the drop down list, select the phone model to be configured, for example, Cisco 7961

Step 3 Click Next

Step 4 Enter a Device Profile Name, for example “Your Name” .

Step 5 From the Phone Button Template field, select Standard 7961 SCCP.

Step 6 Click Save.

Step 7 On the left hand side of the screen, click the link Line [1] – Add a new DN.

Step 8 Choose a valid DN from your NIP, enter that DN in the Directory Number field.

Step 9 Under Route Partition, select your city’s Headquarters Partition.

Step 10 Under Directory Number Settings choose a CSS of appropriate access.

Step 11 Enter any Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings as necessary.

Step 12 In the Display (Internal Caller ID), enter the User’s name that was created in a previous Lab.

Step 13 Click Save.

Step 14 From the Related Links: menu, select Subscribe/Unsubscribe Services.

Step 15 In the Select a Service, select Extension Mobility, then click Next.

Step 16 Click Subscribe.

Step 17 Click Save.

Step 18 Repeat steps 7-13 for any additional lines.

Task 6: Associate User Device Profile to a User

Step 1 From the menu, select User Management>End User.

Step 2 Click Find

Step 3 Select the user from the list that matches the profile that was created.

Step 4 Under Extension Mobility>Available Profiles, select the profile that was created in the previous exercise and move it to the Controlled Profiles selection.

Step 5 Under Default Profile, select the profile.

Step 6 Click Save.

Task 7: Configure and Subscribe Cisco Unified IP Phones to Service and Enable it.

Step 1 Select Device>Phone from the menu.

Step 2 Select the phone from the list of devices.

Step 3 In the Related Links: field, select Subscribe/Unsubscribe Services and click Go

Step 4 In the pop-up window, under Service Information, in the Select a Service pull down menu, select Extension Mobility.

Step 5 Click Next

Step 6 Click Subscribe

Step 7 Click Save

Step 8 Close the pop-up window.

Step 9 Under Extension Information , check the Enable Extension Mobility box.

Step 10 Under the Logout Profile field, select – Use Current Device Settings –

Step 11 Click Save.

Step 12 Click Ok from the pop-up warning.

Step 13 Click Reset

Step 14 In the pop-up window select Reset.

Step 15 Click Close.

Edited by kironline

Hi

have you tried to reset the EM in TOMCAT .....?

Hello mate,

Did try restarting the Cisco Extension Mobility service in Tomcat but still no luck... :mellow:

Configure Extension Mobility

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a8d.html#wp1252172

Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility scenario:

• All employees represent users of Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility.

• All users have a user device profile.

• Users do not control individual phones, and they cannot modify settings for an individual phone.

• Before a user can use a phone, the user needs to log in.

• Users can access common devices, such as lobby phones, conference room phones, and cubicle phones that are meant to be shared.

• When users go to their Cisco CallManager User Options window to change services or speed dials, they can choose only their device profiles from the "Select a device to configure" drop-down menu. This method ensures that changes that users make to their services will follow them to any Cisco IP Phone after they log in

Step 1 Using the Cisco CallManager Serviceability tool, activate the Cisco Extension Mobility service.

Step 2 Using the Tomcat Manager window, stop and start the Cisco Extension Mobility service.

Step 3 Create the Cisco Extension Mobility Service.

• Choose Feature > Cisco IP Phone Services.

• Enter the service name (such as, Extension Mobility Service).

• Enter the following URL:

http://10.0.0.125/emapp/EMAppServlet?device= #DEVICENAME#

• Click Insert.

Step 4 Set the Service Parameters to define Cisco Extension Mobility parameters

• Enable and define a maximum login time. • Define the multi-login behavior; that is, whether you allow the user to log in to more than one device at a time. • Enable "remember last user logged in."

From Cisco CallManager Administration, choose Service > Service Parameters.

From the Service drop-down menu, choose Cisco Extension Mobility. Modify Values as per requirement

Step 5 Create a device profile default for each phone model that should support Extension Mobility.

Step 6 Create the device profile for a user.

Summary steps include:

• Choose Device > Device Setting > Device Profile and click Add a New User Device Profile.

• Enter the Device Type 7960/40 and the Device Profile Name; choose the User Locale and Phone template (if needed) and click Insert.

• Enter the directory numbers (DNs) and required information and click Insert.

• Repeat for all DNs.

• On User Device Profile Configuration, choose Update service. Choose the service that you added in Step 3.

• Click Continue and Subscribe.

Step 7 Associate a user device profile to a user.

Summary steps include:

• Choose User > Add a New User and enter the user name, password, PIN and locale. Click Insert.

• Choose Extension Mobility from the left column and add the User Device Profile created in Step 5.

Tip To check that you have associated the user device profile to the user, open the user file and make sure that the Controlled Device Profile displays the User Device Profile name.

Step 8 Configure and subscribe Cisco IP Phones to the feature.

Summary steps include:

• Choose Device > Phone, click Add a New Phone and click Insert.

• On Phone Configuration window, check Enable Extension Mobility Feature.

• Under the Logout Device Profile, choose User Current Device Settings and click Update

Note

a) Make sure that you restart the Cisco Tomcat Web Service after you make any changes using service activation/deactivation; restarting the Cisco Tomcat Web Service is necessary for changes to take effect

B) Ensure that Users are created with Extension Mobility options selected { Refer User creation document }

can you see extension mobility option in the list when you press services button on the phones ?

Yes I can see the extension mobility option when I press Services (I named this Service as 'Logon/Logoff') and I see an extra option called Realm, I dont know how to disable it and it doesnt allow me to type anything in there.

Login:

Password:

Realm:

can you see extension mobility option in the list when you press services button on the phones ?

Yes I can see the extension mobility option when I press Services (I named this Service as 'Logon/Logoff') and I see an extra option called Realm, I dont know how to disable it and it doesnt allow me to type anything in there.

Login:

Password:

Realm:

if you are still having the issue, Please check the following

1) Start IIS Manager (start / programs / administative tools / internet

services manager)

2) Go into the default web site

3) Right click on web, then properties

4) Select the directory security tab

5) Press Edit Anonymous access and authentication control.

6) Click anonymous access, uncheck Integrated Windows Authentication

7) Reset the IIS/WWW service

HTH, let me know how it goes

Login:

Password:

Realm:

if you are still having the issue, Please check the following

1) Start IIS Manager (start / programs / administative tools / internet

services manager)

2) Go into the default web site

3) Right click on web, then properties

4) Select the directory security tab

5) Press Edit Anonymous access and authentication control.

6) Click anonymous access, uncheck Integrated Windows Authentication

7) Reset the IIS/WWW service

HTH, let me know how it goes

Thanks secur_nwing, I will test that this weekend and will let you know...

Guys,

After months of trial and errors methods, internet searches and discussions with couple of CCIE candidates, I couldn't fix the Extension Mobility issue I had on my CCM....but only until yesterday. I accidentally came across the below link and I follow the exact same procedure and that fixed the problem. :D

hxxp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00809942b1.shtml

Here is the procedure:

In order to overcome this error message, issue these commands on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) publisher:

1. Open up a DOS command prompt and run C:\Program Files\Cisco\TomCat\bin\nt.cmd to re-register the Tomcat service.

2. Open up the services control panel (services.msc) and change the Cisco Tomcat service logon user to CCMServiceRW:

2a.Go to Start > programs > administrative tools > services and right-click on service.

2b.Go to Cisco Tomcat and select Properties.

2c.Go to the Log On tab and select the This account check box. Then, specify .\CCMServiceRW.

2d.Click OK.

3. Run the AdminUtility tool (found in C:\Program Files\Cisco\Bin) to re-synchronize the CCMServiceRW password used for the Cisco Tomcat service:

3a.Go to C:\Program Files\Cisco\Bin on the Publisher server.

3b.Find the utility called AdminUtility.exe, double-click to launch it.

3c.It asks you for the administrator password. Enter this password. (You see a window with different accounts for all the servers in the cluster)

3d.Click on the top globe with the CallManager name. (This selects all the accounts)

3e.Select Options > Set New Password.

3f.Then, you are prompted for the new password phrase

Cheers,

K

Definitely good info for CallManager 4.x - I am assuming by the "open up a DOS box" statement. I never had this problem with 4.x

Enabling and configuring Extension Mobility in CUCM 6.x is more straight forward.

That's some good info!

Thanks Kironline.

Edited by jasoncoon

Definitely good info for CallManager 4.x - I am assuming by the "open up a DOS box" statement. I never had this problem with 4.x

Enabling and configuring Extension Mobility in CUCM 6.x is more straight forward.

That's some good info!

Thanks Kironline.

i had an annoying problem in configuring EM in CM 4.2...

I followed all the steps mentioned in a cisco document and in CBT Nuggets...but

i wasn't sucessful until i did an unmentioned step which is:

&& subscribing user profile to EM service && not just ip phone..

hope that will benefit you