• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jdajose

jdajose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:16 AM

can somebody tell me pls why --- hell does gns3 read both of my router connected serial interfaces DCE? does anyone -------- people noticed it??
and y da --- it always loses connection halfway with my router every time i connect it to my loopback interface or vmware?

if ur----- telling me to set my idlepc I ALREADY DID!! million times already!!.. ---------.. i never encounter this ---------- with older versions of Gns3..

im pissed with this thing.. this is the only software that is closest to reality but f@$%^ useless to me...

I think after reading your own post again, you just realized that you were this close by being kicked off this forum because of your foul language, didn't you?
GNS3 and/or Dynamips are often difficult to grasp, but still beats the price tag on the physical hardware any day. So in that regards, just keep troubleshooting and try to work with
the rest of the members here in a normal decent way.

Good Luck,

G.

Edited by gordonccie, 13 September 2008 - 02:55 AM.

#2 raaki_88

raaki_88

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:22 AM

request not to use slang language as it degrades the forum ...

iam reporting it to mods ... there is a similar thread already posted request search before posting ..

and there is absolutely no relation between idlepc value and dce/dtc devices

regards
raaki

#3 budcrow

budcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:26 AM

can somebody tell me pls why da hell does gns3 read both of my router connected serial interfaces DCE? does anyone fu*#@% people noticed it??
and y da f#&@ it always loses connection halfway with my router every time i connect it to my loopback interface or vmware?

if ur f#^@ telling me to set my idlepc I ALREADY DID!! million times already!!.. so go F#&@ yourself... i never encounter this sh#T with older versions of Gns3..

im pissed with this thing.. this is the only software that is closest to reality but f@$%^ useless to me...

LOL-turn your PC of dude-I know how you feel with this GNS3 stuff, but your not gonna acomplish anything in your frame of mind. If it don't work now you'l get it to work later. I with you though....

Have you tryed setting up the idelPC vlaue-ROLF!!! COuldn't resit sorry. jdajose try to see the funny side and do somthing non PC related for the rest of the day.

#4 jdajose

jdajose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:29 AM

well sori for that.. can do something for me? can you look at your configurations on serial interface, is it both dce or just dce and dte? y is it that both of my interface were being read as DCE? i there any expanation for that? yup i already set up the idle pc a couple of times already. i didnt experience this kind of problems in older versions of gns3, the first version actually.. ive benn using it for a certain time.. just this time with the newer version im getting a problem..

good thing i did not encounter this problem before i got my ccna..

i know... that's a different issue.
i have two problems..
1. is i loose connection to my router everytime i connect it to my loopback interface or vmware which never happened on older versions,,

2. is y is my router connected to other router via serial interface.. both ends are being read as DCE...

y dont really know y this things happening.. ive been trying to figure out this problem so that i can refresh my memories on ccna.. its been a week now. im loosing time.. pls just help me solve this problem.. TNKS alot... godbless..

#5 raaki_88

raaki_88

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:29 AM

well sori for that.. can do something for me? can you look at your configurations on serial interface, is it both dce or just dce and dte? y is it that both of my interface were being read as DCE? i there any expanation for that? yup i already set up the idle pc a couple of times already. i didnt experience this kind of problems in older versions of gns3, the first version actually.. ive benn using it for a certain time.. just this time with the newer version im getting a problem..

good thing i did not encounter this problem before i got my ccna..

i know... that's a different issue.
i have two problems..
1. is i loose connection to my router everytime i connect it to my loopback interface or vmware which never happened on older versions,,

2. is y is my router connected to other router via serial interface.. both ends are being read as DCE...

y dont really know y this things happening.. ive been trying to figure out this problem so that i can refresh my memories on ccna.. its been a week now. im loosing time.. pls just help me solve this problem.. TNKS alot... godbless..

@1. go to add / remove programs and remove gns3 .. download it and reinstall it ...(make sure you download it ... this may seem silly / obvious on the other day i was on ym and was trouble shooting i tried this as a last resort and worked like a charm . not the same issue though).. use console program like putty if you are using default one

@2 as far as possible use loopback interfaces in router itself .. or use it with microsoft loop back adapters rather than vpcs and vmware i had problems ...with these

and for last question is there a vital need for dce / dte types ?

i know that this has not been solved nor answer by me but it may have some relief i guess ..

good luck and be sportive ...

if everything is going wrong which obviously wont , and you havent got any patience to solve it due to time or any other constraints go for real routers / or /a good simulator .

as mr.gordon said it is the deal and it is worthy to spend your time as money for gns3 ...

and last but not least go through the manual

regards
raaki

#6 AnthonyJ2007

AnthonyJ2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:45 AM

^^^ I agree with Budcrow just browse the forums maybe your issue might be similar to mine. I understand your frustrations. I was ready to throw in the towel because i been trying to get this working for a while but once i finally asked for help the good people here did just that. Just calm down and look around the forums for info. You'll get it up and running soon and you'll be CCNA.

Edited by AnthonyJ2007, 13 September 2008 - 03:46 AM.

#7 TheJman

TheJman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

This post really trips me out, You do remember that DN3 and Dynamips are FREE. You shouldn't get all worked up over something that is FREE.

There are things that the simulator will not do, for those things you either rent lab time , or set up real routers and switches to play with.

Edited by TheJman, 15 September 2008 - 12:44 AM.

#8 budcrow

budcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

Well the reason I'm continuing the strugle is cause they use real IOS-and you can use them to build real topologys. However, if I havn't succeded by the end of the week it's time for packet tracer I'm afraid.

#9 Zalas

Zalas

V.I.P. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

you guys still strtuggling with GNS3 and dynamips? if it doesnt come right get the real stuff, very cheap CCNA labs on Ebay

#10 budcrow

budcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:15 PM

you guys still strtuggling with GNS3 and dynamips? if it doesnt come right get the real stuff, very cheap CCNA labs on Ebay

I really don't have the room a sim is the only way for me. However just to pass the CCNA I think packet tracer is looking like a strong possibity as I'm spending more time on setting up GNS3 then learning how routers and switched work O_o

#11 Zalas

Zalas

V.I.P. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

but wasnt your issue just the ildepc? of one router,

#12 tunerX

tunerX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:54 AM

It would have been better if they were both DTE since this is what you usually find in the real world. I wouldn't think it a problem though since you just need to believe that you are connected to a DTE interface. I guess they don't have an emulated device that can actually provide timing to the emulated router interfaces.

in the real world you wouldn't connect two serial interfaces together with a back to back cable. You would probably use 100 or 1000 base. Setting clock on a router is kind of a no-no anyway since you want a clock source that is better than the crappy 5Mhz crystal oscillator that is onboard the serial controller. You would definitely want to use a GPS clock source that uses conditioned rubidium or cesium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users