Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
7ossam

Query / Security on Word Excel 2007

I need 2 make security on Share folder to allow ppl 2 edit word or excel 2007 files but can't delete those files

I have XP OS and Office 2007

1st i create a share folder and the permossion of share folder was like that

Security1.png

then on Security tab i removed administrator Group and system and let only the user Oxygen , and Oxygen is a member in Administrator Group and it will b like that

Security2.png

then in advanced i will edit the permissions 2 clear the allow checkbox from Delete Subfolders and files and Delete and will b like that

Security3.png

then i enter the Share folder and create new txt file with notepad and edit this file and i can't delete it ( that's my object ) and everything goes fine and the same when i try 2 do that with doc file ( Office 2003 )

but when i create docx file ( Office 2007 ) and try 2 edit it i can't and there is this message

Security4.png

and it create 2 temp files like that

Security5.png

soo i know that the problem from the Office 2007 and not from the security or my OS coz i try it on Server 2003 and the same thing happened

soo can anyone tell me what shall i do plz ??

thnx for ur replay , i try what u told me but same problem

u can try it by urself , and i wanna tell u that this problem just show when i use word or excel 2007 and others works fine

plz tell me what do u mean with DRM ??

Hi,

Open the DOCX file in Word 2007. click on that Icon on top left "Office Button". Go to prepare and then go to Restrict Permissions. You will get options. But I guess it is not very helpful to you. Check if you like.

Unfortunately I cannot check I am at home on my personal computer and not associated to a domain.

Cheers! I am sorry I cannot help more. I have limited resources.

thnx for ur replay , i try what u told me but same problem

u can try it by urself , and i wanna tell u that this problem just show when i use word or excel 2007 and others works fine

plz tell me what do u mean with DRM ??

i try what u told me but same problem , and i know it is office issue coz i try this on office 2003 and notepad with same permissions and works fine with me

anyway thank u for ur try and i'll b waiting fot another opinion

thank u soo much

Hi,

One quick question do you check these setting via the client or the server itself?

I mean to say You set these permissions on the server. Where do you test it from? Do you just open\\share$ name on the server itself Or do you check it on client PC?

Please respond

Dude,

All your problems can be resolved. If you use shairpoint. Microsoft Groove Space. What version of Office 2007 are you using ? Home or Enterprise or Small Business ??

Enterprise

Try Microsoft Groove it is a part of enterprise edition.

there is no option 2 make the clients can edit but can't delete

is there that kind of option ???

YOu can use shared workbook. Again did you try groove. Its your answer to question.

yea i tried it

and this is the permission tab

Groove.png

there is no advanced options

i think it is all about the extension of word 2007 docx or the Excel or office 2007

it is not about anything else , coz i don't have 2 setup any applications 2 allow user 2 edit files and prevent them from deleting the file

it is 2 easy with other office versions and every thing is OK

it is all about the office , not the security

Hi Friend.

After working for some 18 hours on sadikhov I fell of to sleep. My friend I tried my best. Seems none of the solutions of mine can help you. I just woke up. You might need to play around a little but and you will be able to do it. I am sure.

Warm Regards,

All I can say is the so called MODERATORS, TECHNICAL EXPERTS, SUPER MEMBERS...... and all those Titles seems to have gone for a toss. Those titles are only used for flaming. Showing who is bigger etc etc!! I am sorry friend, I am out of ideas on this one.