13 replies to this topic

#1 charlox 01

charlox 01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:59 PM

on the 10th of october cwnp sent me this :

Recently, you were contacted by the CWNP Program and notified that your exam record showed evidence that you had violated our Exam Conduct Policy. More clearly, computer forensic evidence showed that you used unauthorized and possibly stolen materials. Subsequently, your CWNP certifications were revoked and you were prohibited from taking any CWNP exams for a period of one year.

We are now revising our policy regarding how we address violations of our Exam Conduct Policy. With this letter, we are offering you the opportunity to become reinstated within the CWNP program.

The CWNA exam will be updated on November 3, 2008. The new CWNA exam (PW0-104) will be available only at VUE testing centers. To reinstate your CWNP certification status, you need to do the following:

1. Purchase a CWNA exam voucher for exam PW0-104 (not PW0-100) at cwnp.com from this link
2. Pass the CWNA exam (PW0-104) between November 3, 2008 and November 30, 2008.
3. Fax or scan & email your score report to CWNP at 1-866-422-8354 or customercare@cwnp.com

Once we receive your passing (70%) score report, and validate your exam record with VUE, we will issue you your CWNA certification. If you pass, and are reinstated, you will receive a refund of your exam voucher order for $175.00 (US).

As we work to create and uphold a high standard within the certification community, we hope you fully understand the stance that CWNP takes regarding the use - accidental or intentional - of 'brain dumps' and other unauthorized or illegal "study materials". The very presence of such materials devalues all certifications. The fact that illegitimate organizations profit from the sale of stolen goods causes CWNP and other certification bodies to take a stand when such materials are used.

We hope that you respect our stand, and welcome the opportunity to rejoin the CWNP community.

sadikhov members what do i do?

#2 Reckless

Reckless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:38 AM

Obviously --- take the PW0-104 and pass it ... If you cannot, then you'd have clearly implicated your self here.

If you really studied for the PW0-100, you should be able to pass the PW0-104 because most objectives still remain the same.. Just go through the PW0-104 exam objectives and read the new objectives. 15 days of study is going to be good enough for the new objectives.

You've about a month and a half to study.

And thanks for sharing this new information. A lot of people have had their certificates revoked & now they know what they are supposed to do.

Get started now.

Edited by Reckless, 15 October 2008 - 12:48 AM.

#3 diesel423

diesel423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:20 AM

A very generous offer, especially as you will be refunded the exam fee.
Regardless of whether you passed legitimately or not, you're not going to change their minds, might as well swallow your pride and hit those books again.

#4 ericlaiys

ericlaiys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:25 AM

A very generous offer, especially as you will be refunded the exam fee.
Regardless of whether you passed legitimately or not, you're not going to change their minds, might as well swallow your pride and hit those books again.

i'm agree. Look like it is one of the marketing strategy and a second shot chance. It is like a beta test exam
But you need to study again together with the new objective. Since they will refund once they have verify your new exam score, then just go ahead and give it another shot.

If pass- CWNA certified
If fail - wait another a year to recertify. & lost US175.

Nothing to lose...Good luck and hope you can pass this exam and prove that they're wrong..

Edited by ericlaiys, 15 October 2008 - 11:27 AM.

#5 Jackson Chong

Jackson Chong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

Well, how much experiences you have?
If you have enough experiences, I think it is not difficult~~~
They will change exam questions format and asking ways
But I am thinking abt the questions time, last time, I used abt 70 minutes to complete the Exam of CWNA...
It is quite difficult for newers to complete them in time

#6 charlox 01

charlox 01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:35 PM

thanks 4 all ur advices. now pls can one give me in depth knowledge on what is new in th pw 104 that is not in the pw -100 exams. if possible how to get the latest readers guide on the subject matter. is mcgrawhill cwna book 4th edition still ok for revision?

thanks

#7 ericlaiys

ericlaiys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:42 AM

thanks 4 all ur advices. now pls can one give me in depth knowledge on what is new in th pw 104 that is not in the pw -100 exams. if possible how to get the latest readers guide on the subject matter. is mcgrawhill cwna book 4th edition still ok for revision?

thanks

go to this url for the new objective: http://www.cwnp.com/..._objectives.pdf

for the changes, pls refer to http://www.cwnp.com/...differences.pdf

hope this help you.

#8 Willgtechcertseeker

Willgtechcertseeker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:40 AM

Wow unless you go into the test room with a paper having the answers I dont know how any case could ever hold in court.
What you bring into the exam is your knowledge no matter how you get it unless you bring it into the room thats what your understanding of the topics are , last time I checked peoples do study from previous test's as a matter of fact during my baseball years in college I asked each teacher for a previous test and exams at the begin of the course just so I could see what main topics he wanted me to focus on my reading and labs. Any teacher which denied me I droped there class in a heartbeat.

Once you get past basic troubleshooting desktop support any job interview if you don't know what the hell the guy is talking about is going to be a NEXTT........

I just finished the CWSP with a high 90 % had no issue with CWNP but then again maybe they look at my job for the Pentagon Network in my profile and dare not mess with the GOV LOL

Also if they are requesting you to update on the new objectives they damm sure better be able to provide you with the resources and locations to go and find those answers.

But good luck man

#9 Jackson Chong

Jackson Chong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

Hahah, very funny for decertified
I like it
But CWNA is a good start when u know very little in Wireless and would like to learn more
then it is good for u
But it is quite irrelevant to others vendors,
But good to know concepts on Flat or Thin AP
And AAA Etc
:D

#10 dyingbreath786

dyingbreath786

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:25 AM

hi dears this had also happend with me CWNP revoke my Wireless# and CWNA certifications and the reason they mentioned was this that at the time of exam i provided fake identifications and my prometric local testing centre compalined for this than i went in the local testing centre they said that i had not condcated any voilaton i prepared wireless# at least 4 months and CWNA at least 6 months and passed both exam without dumps but i am not able to understand the policy of CWNP that why they are playing us why they revoke our certifications i called Mr.kavin two time but no response from his side i will just suggest that never go behind unknow certifications like cwnp cisco is best
Muhammad Nasir
MCSE 2003,CCNA,CCNP,CCVP

#11 123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:19 AM

Goodluck

#12 ericlaiys

ericlaiys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

dear charlox01,

Pls refer to this link http://www.cwnp.com/...p?p=16258#16258 for new updated on the Sybex book.
The author just updated

Chapter 17: Power Over Ethernet (PoE)

Chapter 18: HT (High Throughput) and 802.11n

It should help you for Exam Pw0-104. Good luck

Edited by ericlaiys, 13 December 2008 - 02:37 PM.

#13 namee

namee

VMWare Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

on the 10th of october cwnp sent me this :

Recently, you were contacted by the CWNP Program and notified that your exam record showed evidence that you had violated our Exam Conduct Policy. More clearly, computer forensic evidence showed that you used unauthorized and possibly stolen materials. Subsequently, your CWNP certifications were revoked and you were prohibited from taking any CWNP exams for a period of one year.

by the way, you didn't tell us what you did and what is the result if you sat for exam.....

thanks

#14 myaboe

myaboe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:my interests is more on telecommunication and networking

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:41 PM

what happen man with your issues can u give as update.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users