How to get Static Public IP?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 israr_ahmad

israr_ahmad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Surfing,Playing Cricket,Listing to Hindi Music,Watching Movies.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hello everyone,

I am Israr Ahmad and just joined with a real estate company as a Network Engineer in Dubai. My first job is to install Exchange Server and for that you should have a Static Public IP. I have tried dyndns and no-ip but hotmail and yahoo was considering email as spam with that. I have confirmed with ISP here in Dubai (Etisalat) they can provide a static IP to our company but that is very expensive. My company is not ready for that much. But static IP might not be so expensive in other contries like in India or anyother. Now my question is Can we use static IP any where in the world though it is assigned by any ISP in other country. Or is there any Static Public IP provider? I hope you can understand my question. Just think that you have bought a static IP from a ISP in India and you want to use it in Dubai. Is it possible?

Waiting for your answer.....

Israr Ahmad

#2 bdrake

bdrake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:57 AM

You get IP address assignments from your ISP only. It's their router on the other end of the physical link (the local loop), so they get to make the rules.
Another option you should check is to use Mailhop Outbound and Mailhop Relay from DynDNS.

--Barry

#3 TESLA.COIL

TESLA.COIL

CCNA and Unix expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:16 AM

yes u get it through ur ISP i have a dynamic public IP i cna have a static public IP by paying a bundle more to my ISP :P

#4 The man in the house

The man in the house

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:37 AM

Hello everyone,

I am Israr Ahmad and just joined with a real estate company as a Network Engineer in Dubai. My first job is to install Exchange Server and for that you should have a Static Public IP. I have tried dyndns and no-ip but hotmail and yahoo was considering email as spam with that. I have confirmed with ISP here in Dubai (Etisalat) they can provide a static IP to our company but that is very expensive. My company is not ready for that much. But static IP might not be so expensive in other contries like in India or anyother. Now my question is Can we use static IP any where in the world though it is assigned by any ISP in other country. Or is there any Static Public IP provider? I hope you can understand my question. Just think that you have bought a static IP from a ISP in India and you want to use it in Dubai. Is it possible?

Waiting for your answer.....

Israr Ahmad

This is one thing you do not want to cheap out on. If you use a redirection service - you'll have trouble later on down the road - trust me.

If you are having troubles convincing them - Ask them how much money they could lose in an outage from 1 hour to the time it may take to get a static IP and update all DNS records (12 hours for propagation).

#5 LeMarc

LeMarc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:07 AM

get Virtual Private/Dedicated Server (VPS/VDS) and install your exchange server there, then make VPN between your office and VPS/VDS using RRAS or any 3rd party software(like openvpn.net - free, open-source, well-documented, responsive mail-list community).

Edited by LeMarc, 20 November 2008 - 08:08 AM.

#6 israr_ahmad

israr_ahmad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Surfing,Playing Cricket,Listing to Hindi Music,Watching Movies.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

get Virtual Private/Dedicated Server (VPS/VDS) and install your exchange server there, then make VPN between your office and VPS/VDS using RRAS or any 3rd party software(like openvpn.net - free, open-source, well-documented, responsive mail-list community).

Yes this might be an option...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users