6 replies to this topic

#1 coolboi007

coolboi007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

i receive this error when i try to connect a serial cable to the two routers. btw, i have the Cisco 3725 (c3725-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T5.bin), and WICs installed.

Posted Image

help please. thanks.

#2 coolboi007

coolboi007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:36 AM

i tried adding the serial BEFORE starting the routers and it worked! Maybe, its a bug?

#3 rackster

rackster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

i tried adding the serial BEFORE starting the routers and it worked! Maybe, its a bug?

Pretty sure you have to make the connections before starting your routers. I just started using GNS3 myself. More importantly, you need to make sure the slot is configure correctly on both of the routers. I would check out the GNS3 help videos that are around on their site.

Hope that helps,

R

#4 coolboi007

coolboi007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

yeah, you're right. should've installed modules and connect cables before starting routers... hehe...

#5 Br0lly

Br0lly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:10 AM

I had that same problem. What i did was to save the network your building and if you turn the routers off and it dosent work, simply restart the entire application, connect the cables and then turn on the routers. it worked for me.

CCNA Certified

Edited by Br0lly, 26 September 2009 - 08:11 AM.

#6 Drift

Drift

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:55 AM

This is not the solution, stop and link then start the machines.The error message is still on my screen.Please help, what is the solution.Every time is one problem, so I dont want to take any cisco certificates.It is so boring issues to concentrate the certification.I really hate.

#7 Drift

Drift

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:59 AM

This is really bug.When the devices are stoped,then first add wic 1 t card both of them.After ı try to connect,it still working.I hate gns3 in my first example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users