20 replies to this topic

#1 TechExpert

TechExpert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

Hi Guys

I just want to know , I have cleared ITIL foundation Exam. I have to go for ITIL Expert.
what is the exams number for ITIL Expert . & How can i appear for thsi exam. can i go with Prometric for this ITIL Expert Exam.

Rgds
DB

#2 sky24

sky24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

When did you clear the foundation exam ???

I am sitting for the exam next week... *** MODERATED *** We do not tolerate any discussions regarding braindump materials!
I have already done the books.

Many Thanks

Edited by Sunfish, 30 September 2009 - 12:59 AM.

#3 TechExpert

TechExpert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

*** MODERATED *** We do not tolerate any discussions regarding braindump materials!

Edited by Sunfish, 30 September 2009 - 12:59 AM.

#4 Shuayb

Shuayb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

Please refer to the Official ITIL Website. Yes the y do have one !!!
http://www.itil-offi...ping/v2/map.asp

Like i mentioned before, other than the Foundation Exam, all other ITIL exams are NOT being offered by either Prometric or VUE.

ISEB Computer Based Exams
http://www.bcs.org/s...ConWebDoc.20981

EXIN Computer Based Exams
http://www.exin-exam...ng centres.aspx

For further info, check out:
http://www.itil-offi...m/home/home.asp

Enjoy

Edited by Sunfish, 30 September 2009 - 01:00 AM.

#5 puddyj

puddyj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

Congtars man

#6 TechExpert

TechExpert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

Congtars man

How can i go for ITIL Expert. Is it required classroom training.

#7 Yuvan

Yuvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:15 PM

Hi Desiboy,

Congrats for clearing your ITIL foundation (2 credit) level exam, so you want to change your career track on ITIL?

Thats good, the next level is Practitioner level for which OGC rolled out two stream of examination to be cleared, with credit based system to obtain the Expert certification, so you must acquire 22 credits to be an ITIL Expert.

1, Lifecycle stream (5 Exams of each 3 credit)
2, Capability stream (4 Exams of each 4 credit)

You must clear any one stream of exams fully to qualify yourself for Expert examinations. For each practitioner level of exam you must undergo Instructor led training at an ATO (Accredited Training Org) then submit on-course assignment as well appear for online exam.

After clearing practitioner level exams, you will need to undergo Instructor-led training for Managers (Expert) Certification (5 credit) and submit on course assignment as well Online exams.

Once you clear your ITIL Managers certification you are automatically becomes eligible for Diploma in ITIL (Expert).

Hope your are very clear now... All the best. :)

#8 MegSu

MegSu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

Hi Desiboy,

Congrats for clearing your ITIL foundation (2 credit) level exam, so you want to change your career track on ITIL?

Thats good, the next level is Practitioner level for which OGC rolled out two stream of examination to be cleared, with credit based system to obtain the Expert certification, so you must acquire 22 credits to be an ITIL Expert.

You must clear any one stream of exams fully to qualify yourself for Expert examinations. For each practitioner level of exam you must undergo Instructor led training at an ATO (Accredited Training Org) then submit on-course assignment as well appear for online exam.

After clearing practitioner level exams, you will need to undergo Instructor-led training for Managers (Expert) Certification (5 credit) and submit on course assignment as well Online exams.

Once you clear your ITIL Managers certification you are automatically becomes eligible for Diploma in ITIL (Expert).

Thank you so much for info, but do you have an idea as how much it would cost for instructor led training at ATO and the duration for it?

#9 kabtop

kabtop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:53 AM

Thanks bro for the info

#10 TechExpert

TechExpert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

Hi Desiboy,

Hi Yuvan

Thanks for his Info . this is really very useful to me.

Rgds
DB

Edited by desiboy2008, 01 February 2009 - 07:56 PM.

#11 nicks_007

nicks_007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

Hi Friends

The information which is given by Yuvan which is correct

but one correction is there

there are two modules in total

life cycle (5 module 3 credits each)
capabilities module (4 modules 4 credits each)

now to become ITIL expert level

you need to gain minimum of 22 credits

there is one module which is compulsory in this is managing across the life cycle

to attempt this module you should cross minimum of 15 credits(but this 15 credits only through intermediate version)

then you can appear for this last managing across the life cycel

but there is no compultion that you need to clear the whole stream like either life cycle or capabilities

you can pick any module which ever you like out of 9

after you complete your intermediate modules and gain total 15 credits any how

then you are eligible for the next module which is managing across the life cycle which hold 5 credit

so to become ITIL expert

here is the hierchy

foundation v3 (2 credits needed)
intermediate levels (15 credits needed)
managing across the lifecycle (5 credits )

total 22 credits

ITIL expert

#12 Walid Nehme

Walid Nehme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

i have already mentioned that in the intro,
but
V3 Credit system:
–Foundation: 2 credits (your V2 Foundation Certificate is worth 1.5 credits)
–ITIL Expert Diploma in IT Service Management: 22 credits (your V2 Service Manager Certificate is worth 15 credits, the V2-V3 bridging course provides the rest)
•Two streams to reach ITIL Expert Diploma:
–Lifecycle stream is built around the five core OGC books: 3 credits per book module
–Capability stream is built around four clusters: 4 credits per cluster module
–Managingthroughthe Lifecyclecourse: 5 credits

•Easiestwayto V3 DiplomaisV2 Managers (only3 courses: Foundation+ Managers + Bridge)
•Quickestwayto V3 DiplomaisV2 Managers
•Cheapestwayto V3 DiplomaisV2 Managers (Full V3 trackof minimum 23 days)
•Possible until Q3-4 2009

#13 My puddyj

My puddyj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

Thanks guys for the good explaination that you just give it to us. Its gonna make a diffence.

#14 DennisH

DennisH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

Hi Guys,

there is another way, but takes longer and is at the end more expensive.

I am an ITIL v2 guy ;) , and doing it this way I can spread the costs over 2 years.
The course IT Service Manager v2 is too expensive for me, my boss won't finance it. :(
So I'll have to do it the hard way. (a total of 6 exams)

I have passed IPAD, IPSR and IPRC and of course ITILF (all ITIL v2)
By passing ITIL foundation v2, and three Practitioners v2, I have earned the maximum of 12 credits.

Now I am going for the V3 Managers Bridge course (and exam), this gives me another 5 credits.
The last course and exam I'll have to clear is Managing Across the Lifecycle also worth 5 credits.
Everything adds to the grand total of 22 credits, enough for the ITIL Expert Diploma.

You can look for all different possiblities at:
ITIL credit Profiler
just click in the picture on the modules you already have and you get an advice which modules you have to take to become ITIL Expert.

Dennis

Edited by DennisH, 15 March 2009 - 11:38 PM.

#15 DennisH

DennisH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:42 AM

Hi Guys,

there is another way, but takes longer and is at the end more expensive.

I am an ITIL v2 guy ;) , and doing it this way I can spread the costs over 2 years.
The course IT Service Manager v2 is too expensive for me, my boss won't finance it. :(
So I'll have to do it the hard way. (a total of 6 exams)

I have passed IPAD, IPSR and IPRC and of course ITILF (all ITIL v2)
By passing ITIL foundation v2, and three Practitioners v2, I have earned the maximum of 12 credits.

Now I am going for the V3 Managers Bridge course (and exam), this gives me another 5 credits.
The last course and exam I'll have to clear is Managing Across the Lifecycle also worth 5 credits.
Everything adds to the grand total of 22 credits, enough for the ITIL Expert Diploma.

You can look for all different possiblities at:
ITIL credit Profiler
just click in the picture on the modules you already have and you get an advice which modules you have to take to become ITIL Expert.

Dennis

Today I passed my ITIL Managers Bridge V3 :D , got 85% (the minimum is 80% to pass)
I followed the course back in June, so it was finally the time to take the exam. :blush:
My last course and exam is in sight. (Managing Across the Lifecycle),unfortunately I have to wait until 2010 due to financial reasons.
When I pass this last one I finally get my ITIL Expert certification.

Edited by DennisH, 23 September 2009 - 02:44 AM.

#16 stilljigg

stilljigg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:28 AM

Yuvan and Walid are correct, giving the full details.
To continue testing after ITIL v3 foundations is passed you will need to test with Loyalist.
The site is loyalistexams.com and a minimum of 21hrs training hours are required before you can take any additional tests above foundation.

J

:ph34r:

#17 jigarbalani

jigarbalani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:11 AM

I hold a v3 foundation certificate. Can I appear for v2 manager cert and then the v3 manager bridge cert, to reach ITIL Expert level?

Prompt insights much appreciated.

i have already mentioned that in the intro,
but
V3 Credit system:
–Foundation: 2 credits (your V2 Foundation Certificate is worth 1.5 credits)
–ITIL Expert Diploma in IT Service Management: 22 credits (your V2 Service Manager Certificate is worth 15 credits, the V2-V3 bridging course provides the rest)
•Two streams to reach ITIL Expert Diploma:
–Lifecycle stream is built around the five core OGC books: 3 credits per book module
–Capability stream is built around four clusters: 4 credits per cluster module
–Managingthroughthe Lifecyclecourse: 5 credits

•Easiestwayto V3 DiplomaisV2 Managers (only3 courses: Foundation+ Managers + Bridge)
•Quickestwayto V3 DiplomaisV2 Managers
•Cheapestwayto V3 DiplomaisV2 Managers (Full V3 trackof minimum 23 days)
•Possible until Q3-4 2009

#18 einshmein

einshmein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

When I was looking for some information about ITIL expert certification, I came across this link...

Some guy has written a feedback about his experience with the
MALC Exam (the last one to get the ITIL expert Title)....

I found it interesting , Hope this will help...

How to pass ITIL MALC exam

#19 eddy60004

eddy60004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:05 AM

Hi Guys

I just want to know , I have cleared ITIL foundation Exam. I have to go for ITIL Expert.
what is the exams number for ITIL Expert . & How can i appear for thsi exam. can i go with Prometric for this ITIL Expert Exam.

Rgds
DB

Pm i have deal for you

#20 DennisH

DennisH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Today I passed my ITIL Managers Bridge V3 :D , got 85% (the minimum is 80% to pass)
I followed the course back in June, so it was finally the time to take the exam. :blush:
My last course and exam is in sight. (Managing Across the Lifecycle),unfortunately I have to wait until 2010 due to financial reasons.
When I pass this last one I finally get my ITIL Expert certification.

Yes, I finally found the oppurtunity to take my last exam, Managing Across the Lifecycle, and passed with 70% very close call. :D

As you can read from my former postings that now I have earned enough credits to qualify for ITIL Expert.

I finally got my pin and official certifcate by post, took some telephonecalls and time to get them. <_<

It is a strange feeling knowing that I finished the track to ITIL Expert. I must quickly find a new challenge. ;)

#21 DennisH

DennisH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hi guys,

it has been a while, I can tell that having an ITIL Expert Qualification helps in looking for new job challenges, when having job interviews you don't have prove that you qualified enough for the job. Unfortunately the jobs especially in Service-management are also rather scarce in the Netherlands at the moment.sad.png  Still I am glad I have completed the complete training.

And always looking for a new challenge wink.png   I am now following the course IT Business Administration what gives me great satisfaction.

Greetz,

Dennis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users