Can we add more devices to packet tracer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hassaan

hassaan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:12 AM

I've been practicing on Packet Tracer 5, which is a great simulator but it doesn't offer you a lot of devices to play with. So I was wondering if there's a way to add more devices (routers and switches) to it?

#2 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2681 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:31 AM

I've been practicing on Packet Tracer 5, which is a great simulator but it doesn't offer you a lot of devices to play with. So I was wondering if there's a way to add more devices (routers and switches) to it?

there is generic (empty) router and switch. you can add different modules to make it whatever u want.

#3 hassaan

hassaan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

I know, but we can't add a wireless controller module or a wireless WIC card, can we?
And when it comes to wireless devices, there's only a generic accesspoint and one wireless router which has a GUI and cannot be configured using the CLI.

#4 martinlo

martinlo

V.I.P. Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2681 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:31 AM

I know, but we can't add a wireless controller module or a wireless WIC card, can we?
And when it comes to wireless devices, there's only a generic accesspoint and one wireless router which has a GUI and cannot be configured using the CLI.

I happy they added wireless network.
I would be more happier if they included SDM just like routersim CCNA network visualizer 6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users