Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDarkLord

CCNA Frequently Asked Questions

50 posts in this topic

Q1. What does the CTRL-SHIFT-6 command accomplish?

It is used to break out of a command that is running on a router or switch. An Example might be breaking out a trace command or other output. Another use for this command sequence might be when you are in a Reverse Telnet Session or multiple Telnet Session and need to break the session and return to the original session. This command is quite useful and serves a variety of purposes.

i was know about that it is used for making multiple telnet sessions...but for breaking out from a command????...thats new to me..

thanks for the info..

Edited by Darby Weaver

what are finger requests????

Alright if you have to know, its pretty vague to define what "Finger request" is, mainly it is used in linux. It has been used as a hacker tool for ages. When it comes to Cisco, it has the same effect.

So what is a "finger" in respect to Cisco:

The finger service can allow remote users to find out who is logged into the router, providing information like login names and such. The "no service finger" command disables the router from replying to finger requests, but it doesn't block the requests from coming into your networks, you would need an ACL to block them completely.

are these two hosts able to communicate 192.168.10.1/24 and 192.168.10.2/25 if they were connected through lan?

what are finger requests????

The finger service can allow remote users to find out who is logged into the router, providing information like login names and such. The "no service finger" command disables the router from replying to finger requests, but it doesn't block the requests from coming into your networks, you would need an ACL to block them completely.

..so by default is it enable or disabled??

are these two hosts able to communicate 192.168.10.1/24 and 192.168.10.2/25 if they were connected through lan?

yes ofcourse...they are able to communicate...

first check that they are on same network or not through reverse engineering

if they are in between same then they can

Definitly it will have connectivity if there is no problem with phisical comnnectivity....

Hey people ! I have one question, Once I rescheduled my CCNA exam. Can I reschedule CCNA exam second time ?

Edited by pr0ne

Hey people ! I have one question, Once I rescheduled my CCNA exam. Can I reschedule CCNA exam second time ?

for pearson vue online booked exams, u can reschedule online as many time as you want as long as u do it at least 24hrs before the exam.

I think you are wrong. Please confirm on pearson vue website

Thanks

Upen

for pearson vue online booked exams, u can reschedule online as many time as you want as long as u do it at least 24hrs before the exam.

changes have been occuring for the last year or so .. expect it along with strict security measures to ensure that cheating is not taking place either inside or outside the exam room

If a certain question have 3 correct answers what would happen

(1) If I get 2 correct and 1 wrong ?

(2) I mark only 2 correct answers ?

There is a topic at the top of the CCNA forum page marked CCNA frequently asked questions ..

in case you question hasn't been answered there I shall respond here with what I believe is the correct answer

When a question requires multiple answers ie choose three yet you only chose two or choose 3 whilst one or more is wrong then the WHOLE QUESTION is marked as wrong.

if the question is like a lab where you have to make some sort of configuration using cli commands for example you will get marked according to your ability to finish the lab gaining marks for successfully completed commands. As such if you don't finish the lab you will get some marks according to what has been done. If you don't answer the lab, you will most likely fail since it is just as important if not more important that you do lab work than can guess at multiple answer questions.

Remember that not all answers are marked or carry marks and Cisco do not release any information regarding which questions are important to getting your passing score and which not. We do not even know if they are grading all labs or not. All that is known is that they create a scenario with a number of questions that require answering. The questions come from a Pool or 2 Pools of questions. One of the Pools will have questions that are ignored when calculating your examination score. The other Pool of questions will all be questions that are counting towards your passing score.

In this way you will note that it is possible for someone to answer some questions incorrectly yet answer all the most important questions correctly to gain a 1000/1000 score

Q1. What does the CTRL-SHIFT-6 command accomplish?

It is used to break out of a command that is running on a router or switch. An Example might be breaking out a trace command or other output. Another use for this command sequence might be when you are in a Reverse Telnet Session or multiple Telnet Session and need to break the session and return to the original session. This command is quite useful and serves a variety of purposes.

i was know about that it is used for making multiple telnet sessions...but for breaking out from a command????...thats new to me..

thanks for the info..

i want to be start prepairation for CCNA exam how can i start it i dont know about it

please help me

Do the math:

192.168.10.1/24

11111111.11111111.11111111.00000000 +

-----------------------------------

192.168.10.2/25

11111111.11111111.11111111.10000000 +

-----------------------------------

The answers are the same. Same network.

Hello

This is my first post on this forum. First of all, thank you for all the usefull information and tips.

I just passed my CCNA 4 Final Exam with 98.0 points and on my Cisco Netacad page the "Request for CCNA Composite Voucher" link appeared in the Career Development section.

I need to study before taking my Certification Exam so my question is: how long this link (request for voucher) will be available? I know that after I request it, it will be available for 3 months.

Thanks

Edited by ghalexweb

In respond to this Quesion. Are these two hosts able to communicate 192.168.10.1/24 and 192.168.10.2/25 if they were connected through lan?

They can't communicate because they have different subnet mask.

Hello

This is my first post on this forum. First of all, thank you for all the usefull information and tips.

I passed my CCNA Exams July but upto now The status is still not yet shipped. pliese help, have tried to track my certificate but

the anser is always "We have got your message we are looking into it"

As a response to question "are these two hosts able to communicate 192.168.10.1/24 and 192.168.10.2/25 if they were connected through lan?"

I think the two hosts are able to communicate if they are connected through lan because if the two ip addreses are assigned to two router interfaces from two networks the routers are able to communicate.

Thanks Robert

I made a mistake, the two hosts indeed can communicate if they are connected through lan because are in the same network, but the host can't be assigned to two routers interfaces.

Thanks

Hi. I am a network and security trainer. I need a powepoint or pdf presentaton of icnd1 and icnd2 course. Can some one help me.

Thank you.

hello! my icnd1 certification expires on 3 february. can i take the icnd2 exam same day and also get the ccna?

Refer to the exhibit. Which three labels correctly identify the network types for the network segments that are shown? (Choose three.)

· Network A -- WAN

· Network B – WAN

· Network C -- LAN

· Network B -- MAN

· Network C -- WAN

· Network A -- LAN

What is the proper order of the layers of the OSI model from the highest layer to the lowest layer?

· physical, network, application, data link, presentation, session, transport

· application, physical, session, transport, network, data link, presentation

· application, presentation, physical, session, data link, transport, network

· application, presentation, session, transport, network, data link, physical

· presentation, data link, session, transport, network, physical, application