Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDarkLord

CCNA Frequently Asked Questions

50 posts in this topic

Hello everybody. I ask maybe trivial easy question but I don't find a good answer for it:

Why we use VLAN ? Why? Why we cannot use ONLY IP-subnetting? When did appear REAL necessity for VLAN?

I read that we use VLAN for security, logical separation of users, separation one apartment's trafic from another apartment's trafic, inrcreasing number of broadcast domains, decreasing useless broadcast trafic and blablabla...

I feel that it isn't prime cause why human uses VLAN.

Please, give me the real examples when using of VLAN is very necessary and we cannot do without VLAN's help or it will cause big difficulties?

As I know VLAN was ISP's technology initially and only then VLAN has been used for small LANs.

Thanks

Edited by Goodwin86

What is the proper order of the layers of the OSI model from the highest layer to the lowest layer?

· physical, network, application, data link, presentation, session, transport

· application, physical, session, transport, network, data link, presentation

· application, presentation, physical, session, data link, transport, network

· application, presentation, session, transport, network, data link, physical

· presentation, data link, session, transport, network, physical, application

as I know: application, presentation, session, transport, network, data link, physical

hi please i need help guys after the expiration of CCNA can one still progress to do the CCNP or i have to rewrite the CCNA again before

hi please i need help guys after the expiration of CCNA can one still progress to do the CCNP or i have to rewrite the CCNA again before

If your certification is expired, you have to start from CCNA again. that's the only way. By the way CCNA exam is little bit expensive on these days and it's about $295.http://www.pearsonvue.com/vouchers/pricelist/cisco.asp.

You can get latest CISCO certification and news from following page

http://www.facebook.com/FutureNetworks

Alright if you have to know, its pretty vague to define what "Finger request" is, mainly it is used in linux. It has been used as a hacker tool for ages. When it comes to Cisco, it has the same effect.

So what is a "finger" in respect to Cisco:

The finger service can allow remote users to find out who is logged into the router, providing information like login names and such. The "no service finger" command disables the router from replying to finger requests, but it doesn't block the requests from coming into your networks, you would need an ACL to block them completely.

Your answer is concise and professional, thank you very much!

Hello everybody. I ask maybe trivial easy question but I don't find a good answer for it:

Why we use VLAN ? Why? Why we cannot use ONLY IP-subnetting? When did appear REAL necessity for VLAN?

I read that we use VLAN for security, logical separation of users, separation one apartment's trafic from another apartment's trafic, inrcreasing number of broadcast domains, decreasing useless broadcast trafic and blablabla...

I feel that it isn't prime cause why human uses VLAN.

Please, give me the real examples when using of VLAN is very necessary and we cannot do without VLAN's help or it will cause big difficulties?

As I know VLAN was ISP's technology initially and only then VLAN has been used for small LANs.

Thanks

Hi, guy, I can understand you very well, because a few days ago, i answer the same question like you, and i did much research to know VLAN, no i know it completely...Please have a look at my Cisco Router Blog in this forum, I'll share my article "

Tutorial of VLAN on Why to Use, What is and How to Configure VLAN?" to you, hope to help...Good luck!

Dears

i have passed ccna exam since 2009, and after it by some months i passed bsci exam , but now the two exams are expired , did i need to reenter ccna exam to activate it or can i enter any other exam like in the ccnp track to reactivate it

my CCNA certification was also expired and i had to retake the exam.but i found a really nice website which had all the right stuff and dumps to be prepared for the exam.the website was reviewexams(dot)weebly(dot)com

For all the right study material like

- videos

- ebooks

- labs

- ccna / ccnp latest practice questions and answers

please visit

http(://)bit(.)ly/UQTQRI << ===== Kindly Remove Brackets

Dear, Can someone kindly share pass4sure latest dumps for CCNA (640-802). I have prepared myself for exam and just wants to review latest questions for exam purpose.

Has anyone tried new exam guide for ICND1 100-101 exam, recently released by Cisco for CCENT and CCNA certification, kindly share your views!

Hello sir i hv done CCNA and CCNP in routing and switching...is it necessary to learn unix,linux or c++ to go in networking feild...please help me about this myth.