Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chargerhawk

~passed~ 70-648

Consolidated Passed 70-648 Topic

DO NOT REQUEST DUMPS, WHICH VERSION, OR REPLY TO THEM HERE. SUCH POSTS WILL BE DELETED

Moderator's Note:

Following details are recommended to post:

1. Material used (no reference to dumps), examples include: Books from Cisco Press or Sybex, Videos, Classes you attended, Instructors or Mentors, etc.

2. Learning Plan (your own story)

3. Suggestions for members

Additionally, you may add following details to your post:

1. That you've passed (successfully or unsuccessfully)

2. Your score (example may look like this: 700/1000)

3. The time you had been given for the exam (not the time you personally took to pass it!)

4. Number of questions

5. Types of questions (sims, hot spots, drag & drops, multiple choice, single choice)

6. Your personal exam experience

Your posts must not include:

1. Any references to dumping material of any origin

2. Requests and offers of any kind

3. Unnecessary comments like: "Thanks", "Congrats", and similar

4. live links

5. Quotes of other members. (We want your own story.)

Violators:

1. Violations will be given warnings.

2. Three strikes and you will not be allowed to post here for 30-days.

Chances are you worked hard and studied for months for your certification. Let's give everyone else the opportunity to earn their own integrity and dignity just like we did.

Thank you for your co-operation.

I am sitting this exam in 3 weeks. There does not seem to be much study material available for this exam. I have been using 70-640 CBT nuggets and doing lots of labs getting familiar with the differences between 2003 and 2008. Has anyone passed this recently? Can anyone recommend some good study material? Are there any sims in this exam?

Thanks,

Sp

I am sitting this exam in 3 weeks. There does not seem to be much study material available for this exam. I have been using 70-640 CBT nuggets and doing lots of labs getting familiar with the differences between 2003 and 2008. Has anyone passed this recently? Can anyone recommend some good study material? Are there any sims in this exam?

Thanks,

Sp

649 cbt nuggets covers it

Even I'll be taking this soon. I've got the Syngress book, but most say that it doesn't cover enough like the MS Press. If anyone has taken this, can you please tell if there are going to be sims?

Hello,

I am studying syngress book etc..

NDA violation. Warning level increased.

Many thx for your help

BR

Edited by Chargerhawk

Passed with 945/1000. AD-950 N/w infrastructure-945 The exam is for 120mins. I got 57 questions totally. There are no sims in this exams, but drag and drop. I found the AD comparitively easier than my previous exams. Just make sure you note the key points while studying.

1. Material used-Syngress 70-648 and lot of Googling and the Technet forum.

2. Learning Plan-Try to get as much as time to study for this paper. It's VAST! You'll be spending a lot of time on PKI and AD configuration. Practice! Nothing can beat that and it is suggested that you study the MS Press books.

3. Suggestions for members-In case you want to stick to the Syngress book, make sure you read EVERY bit. The practice questions might not be that great, but the FAQs are really good and give you lot of hints.

Edited by phreak0ut

Passed yesterday 975/1000. I had pretty much the same experience as phreak0ut 57 Qs and 120mins in total.

The exam is split into two parts 30 questions on Server 2008 network Infrastructure configuring (60mins) & 27 questions on Server 2008 Active Directory configuring. (60mins) I should say now once you have completed the review from the first part you can't go back. Not sure if this is typical of an upgrade exam or not.

Like Phreak0ut said there is a lot of questions on PKI so study up on your certificate services! The AD stuff was pretty easy its still good old AD as we know it they just call it AD DS now... and there is a few other subtle differences like by default it has deny delete ACLs on the OUs etc.

Study material used:

Syngress 70-648 - Also agree with phreak0ut read all the FAQs before going into the exam.

My own concuction of labs in a VM environment. Mirroring my production environment.

A few weeks ago an new Self Placed Traning Kit for this exam was released:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/books/13017.aspx

MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit [Exams 70-648 & 70-649]: Transitioning Your MCSA/MCSE to Windows Server 2008

Does anyone know, if there are any simulations in this exam?

Edited by mip104
Acrive link

I just passed this exam last Friday. 57 questions, many about certificates and PKI. I personally think way too many on that subject....I wrote it in my feedback at the end of the exam as well.

There're NO sims but guys really study (and practise on VM machines) your PKI.

The other questions were(in my opionion) easy enough for an MCSA.

I used the MS press+TS video... and al lot of practise on VMs

Bye

hi =)

passed with 1000 today..

used MS Press dumps and Bill Gates private video!

need any help with that - PM me!

PS 57 Q (2 part: 30+27). No sims.. but a lot of prometric bugs (3 times crashed!)

Past 70-648 with a prefect score.

57 Qtns (Section 1 = 27 and Section 2 = 30)

With three months and less hours of sleep, i used Syngress book, Trainsignal Videos, Technet, Internet, MCSA notes and advice from this forum.

No Sims, No Crushes!, No Bugs! But 2 Drag and Drops

Proud to be a member of this forum

Edited by Josseuk

Is there anyone passed this exam this month or recently..what materials from microsoft can be download..:)

Passed 70-648 Today 11th Dec 2009.

57qs for 2Hrs;

Part A-30qs

Part B-27qs

Drag and drop, and multiple qs.

Pretty easy

Its equivalent to : (70-640) + (70-642) exams

Is there anyone passed this exam this month or recently..what materials from microsoft can be download..:)

using train signal videos and cbt nuggetsJust a few Moderated

Edited by mip104

Passed 70-648 Today 11th Dec 2009.

57qs for 2Hrs;

Part A-30qs

Part B-27qs

Drag and drop, and multiple qs.

Pretty easy

Its equivalent to : (70-640) + (70-642) exams

Did you find that the test was easy? Is there a lot of hands on exercises as opposed to questions? Or is it pretty balanced out. I'm looking to take these tests soon. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Rick

Did you find that the test was easy? Is there a lot of hands on exercises as opposed to questions? Or is it pretty balanced out. I'm looking to take these tests soon. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Rick

passed.

918/1000

Materials used:

- CBT Nuggets 70-648

- Microsoft Technet to get more details of the new technology used in Server 08 (AD LDS, AD RMS etc etc)

Was not to hard to do, some of the questions were already covered in the mcsa 2003 exam.

57 Questions, split in 2 parts, don't remember the exact amount of questions per part.

Most of the questions were multiple choise, had 3 Drag and Drop questions (little tricky because you don't need all of the given possibilities)

loads of questions related to PKI.

Next: 70-643

Edited by Coolkast

Just take 70-291 and then Upgrade your MCSA 2003 by 70-648 (which credits you two MCTS 70-640 and 70-642) and the continue for MCITP credentials

On the MS site it says 70-646 and i am yet to find a book on 70-648, maybe someone can help

Edited by Steve Jobs

Hi,

Going to sit this in a couple weeks. On a scale of 1-10, how hard is it compared to MCSA 2003?

I'm using:

- CBT Nuggets 70-648

- Internet

- Will be setting up testlab

The CBT Nuggets videos is from Nov 2008.. has anything new been added to the test since?

What has been your best resource in studying for this?

Anyone used both CBT Nuggets and Train signal for this course, which is your fav?

Hi,

Going to sit this in a couple weeks.

I'm using:

- CBT Nuggets 70-648

- Internet

- Will be setting up testlab

The CBT Nuggets videos is from Nov 2008.. has anything new been added to the test since? Obviously Vista has been replaced with Windows 7 but I assume that all commands and programs exist.

Anyone used both CBT Nuggets and Train signal for this course, which is your fav?