Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkFiber

EIGRP

72 posts in this topic

thank you for the tip my friend, and you must be very proud of your professional career!

i have a technical question that i would like to be addressed. Im currently studying for ccna (chapter 7 EIGRP) and i am not having a hard time understanding it but i have a question about implementing it.

So let suppose im implementing EIGRP on a network, R#conf t, R(config)#int s0/0, R(config-if)#ip addr 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0, followed by the no shut command. Will then add EIGRP as the protocol for communication; R(config-router)#router igrp 10, R(config-router)#network 10.0.0.0

Question 1#

Showld i add a static route to the ISP over here?

Question 2#

At this point lets say that we have 2 interfaces for the ISP and for obvious reasons i do not want to form any adjacency with the routers at the ISP, so i summon the passive-interface command on s0/0 which is supposed to be the ISP connection to the company.

At this time no updates will be performed in the s0/0 interface neither out nor in, does this mean i wont be able to have my ISP connection? Because as the network is changing, it wont get any updates so in other words, how is the connection handled in the gateway interface s0/0 to the ISP? Should i run another protocol in it like RIPv2? How is this technically applied so i can have no advertisements through to the ISP interface but at the same time make use of the EIGRP protocol? Is this a practice or not?

Sorry if its a rookie question but im not quite understanding this.

thank you for your time,

regards

thank you for the tip my friend, and you must be very proud of your professional career!

i have a technical question that i would like to be addressed. Im currently studying for ccna (chapter 7 EIGRP) and i am not having a hard time understanding it but i have a question about implementing it.

So let suppose im implementing EIGRP on a network, R#conf t, R(config)#int s0/0, R(config-if)#ip addr 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0, followed by the no shut command. Will then add EIGRP as the protocol for communication; R(config-router)#router igrp 10, R(config-router)#network 10.0.0.0

Question 1#

Showld i add a static route to the ISP over here?

Why using static, the other ISP should also use EIGRP to be able to communicate with you.

Question 2#

At this point lets say that we have 2 interfaces for the ISP and for obvious reasons i do not want to form any adjacency with the routers at the ISP, so i summon the passive-interface command on s0/0 which is supposed to be the ISP connection to the company.

At this time no updates will be performed in the s0/0 interface neither out nor in, does this mean i wont be able to have my ISP connection? Because as the network is changing, it wont get any updates so in other words, how is the connection handled in the gateway interface s0/0 to the ISP? Should i run another protocol in it like RIPv2? How is this technically applied so i can have no advertisements through to the ISP interface but at the same time make use of the EIGRP protocol? Is this a practice or not?

1st when using Passive cmd on an interface, you wont be sending an update, but you may receive updates/keepalives from your connected nei., but this wont be usefull, as no nei will be formed.

2nd, you must know that routers only create nei. relation ship and send updates only to directly connected nei.

Sorry if its a rookie question but im not quite understanding this.

thank you for your time,

regards

Hello, kindly find my reply above in bold-black

Visit for Free EIGRP Training Video;

Part 1

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgUt9ddays0

Part 2

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iPCzhDE7fo

Part 3

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH0Oqq72bUA