Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
Recalled2

Centralised multisite topology

Hi,

I have to configure a centralised multisite topology and I am a bit confused about some stuff.

The head office has a call manager 7 BE with unity connection.

The remote site has call manager express running right now, however I would like to use the cme in srst mode instead for that site. The call manager express installation will no longer be require and I would like all the phones from there to connect to the main site.

This is the confusing part:

1. Will the voice gateway at the head office need to be configured with h323? or mgcp will work. If h323 please explain, i saw it mantioned on a cisco press book but no explanation why.

2. The voice gateway at the head office needs to be configured for t1 pri with caller id support, will this be a better to configure h323 instead.

I am very weak when it comes to the voice protocols...your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I have to configure a centralised multisite topology and I am a bit confused about some stuff.

The head office has a call manager 7 BE with unity connection.

The remote site has call manager express running right now, however I would like to use the cme in srst mode instead for that site. The call manager express installation will no longer be require and I would like all the phones from there to connect to the main site.

This is the confusing part:

1. Will the voice gateway at the head office need to be configured with h323? or mgcp will work. If h323 please explain, i saw it mantioned on a cisco press book but no explanation why.

2. The voice gateway at the head office needs to be configured for t1 pri with caller id support, will this be a better to configure h323 instead.

I am very weak when it comes to the voice protocols...your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

1. MGCP will just fine.

2. There should be no problems with caller-id on T1 interface when it uses CAS signaling. With ISDN signaling you'll have to use PRI Backhauling, not sure the caller-id will work this way.

Edited by Andrew S.

Hi,

1. Since you are not going to use the CME.. MGCP will satisfy your requirement..

2. You dont need to configure T1 PRI.. To connect to the HQ.. configure a T1 CAS and add this gateway on the HQ CUCM as a MGCP gateway..

(HQ CUCM--->HQGW)--------T1 CAS (WAN)--------->(Remote GW----?Ip Phones)

Hi,

1. Since you are not going to use the CME.. MGCP will satisfy your requirement..

2. You dont need to configure T1 PRI.. To connect to the HQ.. configure a T1 CAS and add this gateway on the HQ CUCM as a MGCP gateway..

(HQ CUCM--->HQGW)--------T1 CAS (WAN)--------->(Remote GW----?Ip Phones)

Thanks..

I have another question is cme in srst mode a difficult configuration to do if I am using h323? Caller id is enabled for the t1 pri and fxo ports so i have to use h323.

I saw the configs and more or less understood what i have to do but is there alot of problems during the process?