Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
babsrock

Which Firewall Is Better?

Guest quicktrip07

I think PIX is the best. Check Point runs on an OS that has vulnerabilites. The PIX runs on an OS that has no known exploits or vulnerabilites..the only issue is correct configuration.

thanks

quicktrip, CCSP

Guest Venkatesan_l

I prefer Check point Firewall over Pix firewall Coz , the check point firewall works upto application layer (7 layers), where is hardware based works well with upto network layers.Checkpoint firewall protect our network against all kind of attacks from network attacks to application attacks.

Venkatesan..

Hi!

where is hardware based works well with upto network layers

Who said that? PIX is a statefull Firewall and works on all 7 layers.

Guest jmendozaper

PIX is more strong since it gives the choice of remote access management and easy CLI, fast start up, for any Cisco users, PIX Device Manager is not the best GUI tool, but it acchieve the objetive of manage and configure the PIX using the mouse like to Check Point.

So VPN is another best tool, have you try the propietary Easy VPN, believe is good

Juan

If you need a Firewall with a very good logging function then take Checkpoint. If you need high performance you can take a netscreen. PIX I don´t know, because PIX make our Networker not the Security people ;-)

PS Checkpoint has many other preferences and you have to look what you need in your envirement.

Guest chaturvedi_yogesh

If we compare both, PIX & Checkpoint, in today's scenario then Checkpoint is also same as PIX with it's latest release of NG AI (application Intellegence). AI protect your network from Application, network and Transport layer attacks, protect from latest viruses/worms and it is much better then Deep inspection technique of other firewalls. AI supports 16 protocols insteed of 6 by Deep Inspections.

PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.

PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.

PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.

PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX

PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.

PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX.PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checkpoint SUX, if PIX is too expensive try Smoothwall.

I thought I like this better but U more like

Guest quicktrip07

It all depends on what your looking for. If you looking for a really good firewall and nothing more than I would go with PIX. Now if your looking for VPN's and VPN policies the PIX isn't the way to go. I'd use cisco vpn concentrators along with the PIX. Kind of a broad question, be more specific and we can help you out more.

quicktrip07

CCSP

Guest fiji_islander

Well our official company standard globally is to use Cisco Pix firewall. We don't use ISA and they don't recommend it as a firewall as it is not technically 100% a firewall but more like a internet proxy with firewall capabilities.