Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wilric44

CISCO Wireless Module Setup

I have been searching the internet for a basic configuration for a HWIC-AP-G-A on a 2811 router. The problem I am having is trying to bridge the BVI to work with the fastethernet interfaces.

I tried the CISCO documemtation CD but nothing on configuring the module. If anyone has any ideas I will surely welcome them.

Ok I solved the bridging portion but I cannot get the wireless module to show up when I use the "SHOW IP INT BRIEF COMMDAND."

The module does not show up in SDM, CCP or CP Express. It shows that it is installed on SDM but I cannot access it, any ideas. I got my netgear wireless router to work over a 3550 switch and was able to secure it, so what is the problem with the wireless module.

Edited by Wilric44

I changed my configuration back to my basic setup. what I would like to know what do I have to activate the module to make it show up inone of the slots. I deleted the BVI, it was useless withour being able to bridge the wireless card. I am waiting for the vendor to respond so I can receive a new module.

Do you have any basic setup suggestions?

All information regarding the setup can be found here: Cisco Wireless ISR and HWIC Access Point Configuration Guide

BTW, what IOS are you using? You must be using a "K9" feature set of 12.4(2)T or newer to support this module.

As mentioned by sirkozz you need to provide your config if you need further help.

HTH

All information regarding the setup can be found here: Cisco Wireless ISR and HWIC Access Point Configuration Guide

BTW, what IOS are you using? You must be using a "K9" feature set of 12.4(2)T or newer to support this module.

As mentioned by sirkozz you need to provide your config if you need further help.

HTH

I managed to get it to work, it was the IOS, however I cannot access the internet once the wireless adapter is connect on the computer. SOme how I am preventing myself from using NAT and DHCP. I get a 169 ip address. Still trying to work on it.

I get a 169 ip address.

You probably mean a 169.254.x.x/16 address which indicates that DHCP is not working for some reason.

Other than that we can only repeat again "please post your config" because none of us likes to play guessing games!