6 replies to this topic

#1 pineshn

pineshn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:31 AM

hi friends,

i am working in isp . we bring bandwith through fiber-optic cable. we are using fiber-optic mux in bothside 1in my office & 2 Airtel's office , my questions are that if i can use media converter in bothside , then how can better than & useful fiberoptic mux.

What is T1 & E1?

#2 hbbw063

hbbw063

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:45 AM

Pineshn,

E1 and T1 are respectively the european and american standards for digital data transmission.
E1 bandwidht is at 2 Mbps (32 channels at 64Kbps) with two channels reserved for control and signalization.
T1 bandwidht is at 1.5 Mbps (24 channels at 64Kbps).
E1 and T1 lines may be interconnected for international use.

Concerning your question about the converter, yes of course it is possible to use a it but depending on how is the presentation of your cable, you can know which media converter at both ends of your fiber.

hope this helps

#3 xdsgrrr

xdsgrrr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:26 AM

If you have the switches with GBICs you can eliminate need from media converters but there is no conn with T1 E1 lines the fiber media is used for more faster connections from 100Mbit/s to 10Gbit/s , T1 and E1 lines most used in conjunction with ISDN networks and Serial HDSL links.

#4 dot

dot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:31 PM

In my opinion, Media converter is the best way to invest. if you compare the price of media converter and optic mux, you will see the big different. And media converter at 100Mbps can provide more bandwidth than E1 or T1. In your case, optical cable with media converter might be the best way to do.

From my experience,I found that most of E1 or T1 usage in for interconnecting to the traditional circuit switch of telecommunication industry such as PSTN, ISDN.

Dot

#5 Fiberaccess

Fiberaccess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

In my opinion, Media converter is the best way to invest. if you compare the price of media converter and optic mux, you will see the big different. And media converter at 100Mbps can provide more bandwidth than E1 or T1. In your case, optical cable with media converter might be the best way to do.

From my experience,I found that most of E1 or T1 usage in for interconnecting to the traditional circuit switch of telecommunication industry such as PSTN, ISDN.

Dot

Media converter is just fine in case there is a dark fiber to be rented. I am in doubt that author has an dark fiber, he says bandwidth. And if he asks, what is E1 - that means that provider is giving them just a E1 over the the fiber using. the muxes.
Now, to get Ethernet connection over the E1, he can use for example any of those inverse muxes or converters:
[url="http://www.ad-net.com.tw/index.php?id=23"]http://www.ad-net.com.tw/index.php?id=23[/url]

I suggest you read the FAQs before posting, live links are not allowed on the boards.

Edited by Lethe, 06 April 2008 - 10:29 PM.

#6 Xshan

Xshan

V.I.P. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1685 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:27 PM

Media converter is just fine in case there is a dark fiber to be rented. I am in doubt that author has an dark fiber, he says bandwidth. And if he asks, what is E1 - that means that provider is giving them just a E1 over the the fiber using. the muxes.
Now, to get Ethernet connection over the E1, he can use for example any of those inverse muxes or converters: hxxp://www.ad-net.com.tw/index.php?id=23

active links are not allowed plz read the FAQ's

#7 doybal

doybal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:18 PM

Usually countries only have either T1 or E1 so you might not have an option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users