Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sarajabeen

How to solve ORA 12170 Error in oracle form developer 10 g

4 posts in this topic

I have installed oracle 10 g form developer suite on windows 7.But when i tried to connect i m facing error 12170 tns connection time out.I Tried a lot of things like changing registry from TNS to none.changing tnsnames.ora with & sql.ora file.

Please figure out some solution

I have installed oracle 10 g form developer suite on windows 7.But when i tried to connect i m facing error 12170 tns connection time out.I Tried a lot of things like changing registry from TNS to none.changing tnsnames.ora with & sql.ora file.

Please figure out some solution

Too small informations.

12170 can be for many reasons, f.e. listener not running, instance not running, firewall on network card, listener doesn't know about instance or isn't registered with instance bacause listener working on nondefault port, wrong ip address on listener configuration, wrong tnsnames and/or sqlnet configuration.

Using commandline you can test resolve connection to listener using tnsping. This programm can check that tnsnames resolve good ip address, port and the name of service your database.

Good luck.

Too small informations.

12170 can be for many reasons, f.e. listener not running, instance not running, firewall on network card, listener doesn't know about instance or isn't registered with instance bacause listener working on nondefault port, wrong ip address on listener configuration, wrong tnsnames and/or sqlnet configuration.

Using commandline you can test resolve connection to listener using tnsping. This programm can check that tnsnames resolve good ip address, port and the name of service your database.

Good luck.

Dear,

I again installed the oracle 10g on windows 7.When i was installing it i encountered the error 12546 in oracle database configuration assistant saying TNS permission denied.Does any body have idea ,how to resolve this error.Kindly explain the process in detail as i am new to oracle.

Thanks

Tc.