Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vista_network

PMP

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys ,

Just need your expert advice , as i have a experience of 7 years in Networks , basically from cisco platform , now i want

to persue the PMP exam ( have btech degree) but i do not have 3 year project management exp,well i work as a Subject matter expert from Networks .

So two things that are required to fill in for applying , and i do not have both . so how can i manage to get those ,

1.)3 year of project work [can i show my network projects which really are not the pmp one's ]

2.)4500 hours of study from institute , [ i am reading pmbok, which cannot be shown officially. ]

Dear Newbie,

first of all,make sure u understand What Projects are all about??Defination of Projects?

PMP stands for Project Management Professional

For further details log on to this website.Read PMBOK to have clear understanding about the exam & the syllabus.

www.pmi.org

There are phases in the entire life cycle of the project,you should have worked on all the phases of the Project Lifecycle.

Co-relate the same with your own project lifecycle.

Regards,

Planet

1.)3 year of project work [can i show my network projects which really are not the pmp one's ] - Yes you can.. Consult a PMP or an REP to validate your package before sending it to PMP

2.)4500 hours of study from institute , [ i am reading pmbok, which cannot be shown officially. ] You will need to go through education from an REP.. Self Reading- I'm not too sure, check out the PMP Handbook..