2 replies to this topic

#1 vista_network

vista_network

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:35 AM

Hi Guys ,

Just need your expert advice , as i have a experience of 7 years in Networks , basically from cisco platform , now i want
to persue the PMP exam ( have btech degree) but i do not have 3 year project management exp,well i work as a Subject matter expert from Networks .

So two things that are required to fill in for applying , and i do not have both . so how can i manage to get those ,

1.)3 year of project work [can i show my network projects which really are not the pmp one's ]
2.)4500 hours of study from institute , [ i am reading pmbok, which cannot be shown officially. ]

#2 help_mcse

help_mcse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

Dear Newbie,

first of all,make sure u understand What Projects are all about??Defination of Projects?
PMP stands for Project Management Professional

For further details log on to this website.Read PMBOK to have clear understanding about the exam & the syllabus.
www.pmi.org

There are phases in the entire life cycle of the project,you should have worked on all the phases of the Project Lifecycle.
Co-relate the same with your own project lifecycle.
Regards,
Planet

#3 The Dirizhor

The Dirizhor

I'm not a geek. I just know to search in Google

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts
  • Interests:Android, Strategic Outsourcing, Services Delivery, Bid Management, Solutions, Nvidia, AMD, Robert Ludulum, Ubuntu, John Grisham & Photography

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

1.)3 year of project work [can i show my network projects which really are not the pmp one's ] - Yes you can.. Consult a PMP or an REP to validate your package before sending it to PMP
2.)4500 hours of study from institute , [ i am reading pmbok, which cannot be shown officially. ] You will need to go through education from an REP.. Self Reading- I'm not too sure, check out the PMP Handbook..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users