Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vinom

Wireless Speed Issue

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

I want to post a problem that we are having here. We have a Psion G2 Scanner as wireless endpoint and WLC with ACS authentication. We an issue of speed of the transaction carried out by the application in the Psion Scanner which takes around 12-14 sec, which usually occurs around 1-2 secs. We had tested tracert from the scanner to the application server itself and it seems to be in the region of milliseconds.

Also the SSID is not broadcasted and uses WPA. One thing is that when using the DHCP its slow but when the same DHCP acquired address is statically configured then it is fast. Is it anything to do with the DHCP snooping in the WLC or anything else?

If anyone can throw their thoughts in this, its highly appreciated.

Thanks

Vin

What you’re describing could be caused by anything from the layer2 switch the AP plugs into all the way back to the WLC. You need to put a sniffer on the LAN/WLAN and see what is causing the problem. However since you’re saying that static seems to work fine I would think it’s a layer3 issue?

Hi friends,

I know that the wireless has the maximum speed as compared to the 2G or 3G. To increase the speed of the internet , the wireless network are done the point to point network . So that the data con't move to the other bridge.

Great share,great post , thanking you.

'

Hi Guys

I want to post a problem that we are having here. We have a Psion G2 Scanner as wireless endpoint and WLC with ACS authentication. We an issue of speed of the transaction carried out by the application in the Psion Scanner which takes around 12-14 sec, which usually occurs around 1-2 secs. We had tested tracert from the scanner to the application server itself and it seems to be in the region of milliseconds.

Also the SSID is not broadcasted and uses WPA. One thing is that when using the DHCP its slow but when the same DHCP acquired address is statically configured then it is fast. Is it anything to do with the DHCP snooping in the WLC or anything else?

If anyone can throw their thoughts in this, its highly appreciated.

Thanks

Vin

Just enable dhcp snooping globally and apply rate limit on the interfaces that the AP's connect to!! If it fixes it wel done, if it doesnt do a capture and see whats causing it.

Mark