Sadikhov IT Certification forums
Sign in to follow this  
RaduG

CWNA how to

I'm planning to take the CWNA certification exam early next year. In order to accomplish that, I've just passed the CCNA certification exam and I also bought the Sybex CWNA Study book. After all that I've read on the internet about CWNA and CCNA Wireless, I'm still not 100% sure of the ideal path in order to get both certifications. This is how I thought it would be a good way:

1. study the CWNA book

2. go to a few CCNA Wireless labs in order to get a little hands-on experience AND of course, study the CCNA Wireless course

3. take the CCNA Wireless exam

4. take the CWNA exam

I'm more of a technical guy, that's why I've chosen to start with CWNA. It's easier for me to learn and understand Wireless technologies if I know things about how data is transmitted.

Is this a good way of getting the best of both worlds? What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Radu

Edited by RaduG

The CWNA can be passed without any hands on experience with 802.11; however the CCNA/w requires an ability to work with Cisco wireless gear. In short I agree with going for the CWNA first as it will give you a good basic understanding of 802.11 and if you familiar with Cisco gear your good to go.

Good luck!!!